Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
I'd listen to Camilla. Her children seem to lead happy lives, she has a deep and loving relationship with her extended family and she has oodles of friends. Goodness me, she even gets on well with her serial shagger ex husband!
I don’t have much problem with her, but I meant in the sense of Andrew and Harry. Harry write about her pretty scathingly and begged his father not to marry her, he’s was never going to take her advice on help or family matters no matter how well she gets on with her family.

Reactions: 1

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Yes! I do!! It’s not unbelievable! I took responsibility in my situation! I would have been the catalyst like camilla for that marriage to fail! She could have said no! Let the marriage fail on its own accord! Then if it breaks down then ok !! Charles was a spoiled brat. How do you know if camilla was not in the equation that the marriage would not have been a success!! They hadn’t even a chance to build a relationship with her there!
You had an affair with a married man? Sorry I’m confused.

Great_Kate

VIP Member
I’ve noticed more of the matchy colours since Meghan said they couldn’t wear the same colours as the higher up Royals. Then a few of them wore burgundy to the Christmas carols to prove a point I think. I don’t remember any of the other Royals wearing the same colour as The Queen though.
There were quite a few times over the years were other female members wore the same colour. Even the same shade in a few instances.

The whole driving an extra old car, from your grandparents if possible (while also owning an expensive new one) or wearing patched up, hand me downs- preferably coats/blazers/cardigans, or a hand me down wristwatch is definitely something our (ex) aristocrats cultivate as a quirk.

Last edited:

Eirawen

VIP Member
I think It Girls were more media personalities and party animals
Yes Tara Palmer Tomlinson was an It girl she was on the first ever I'm a Celebrity and Prince Charles was her godfather. She passed away a few years ago at quite a young age.

elliebee27

VIP Member
It has historic roots which is why I assume it is there - monarchs would have all these oaths and allegiances read to them at Westminster Hall. It was mooted to be done in 1937 and 1953 as well. A lot of this is quite fascinating, you can read it in Roy Strong's Coronation, about the historic perspectives, where elements of the service and purpose of it comes from, including things like this. It was suggested by an MP I believe way back, but to bring it to Westminster Hall as a declaration of allegiance AND support by the people. Sort of like when you are at a wedding, and asked to support and uphold the couple.

Do it if you wish, don't if you don't. I am American so I won't :LOL: but I know my family in England will probably but they are very much monarchists. Sorry, I am a nerd who enjoys the history behind all of this - it is why it was my degree!

jkroche95

VIP Member
Do we ever see any of them in the same outfit again?

I wonder what happens to all the outfits they have and never wear again. Do we think they get donated to charity or kept in a vault for Historical purposes? Genuinely curious.
yes, Kate often rewears outfits as does most of the family. Her outfit from the Easter service was a rewear from the 2022 commonweath service.

I like to see the children in hand-me-downs from their siblings or cousins. C and L have worn their older siblings' clothes. Mia and Lena often wear hand-me-downs from Savannah and Isla

Edited to add that Charles has been sporting the same clothes for decades! 😂 He wore a coat recently that's 40 years old

Eirawen

VIP Member
On the topic of Camilla her PR really need to calm down, even as a royalist it’s making me cringe, it’s not gonna work on people who hate her, it’s just making them dislike them both more. They had a segment I think on Lorraine about her being a fashion queen and reporters on Sky saying Diana respected Camillas discretion and loyalty. Considering the approach they seemed to take for years was to slowly work her in and have her do her duty to win respect, it’s weird they’re now going full steam ramming her down people’s throats. It must kill Charles that even after all this effort, time and money spent on PR a lot of people still don’t like her.
I don't and its not about Diana I just think she can be a nasty piece of work they can PR as much as they like. A close friend of hers was gushing about her on some tv Prog the other day saying I will be in tears when she's crowned she is such a darling blah blah.
---
As my dad always said, he didn’t really like Elvis’ music … but he didn’t notice it bothering Elvis that much.

I have care and supposed control of the Aged Relatives tomorrow because apparently ‘I’m so good with them’/bung them a bottle of Croft Original and snacks, put the subtitles on and leave them to it.
They will love the Croft!!

elliebee27

VIP Member
It's Valentine Low as the source - so I assume there will be no tiaras or glitz on anyone but Camilla.

Maybe they are floating the idea? I saw that suggested. Palace PR does this often. There was a lot of floating 'Kate wants flowers in her hair' at the wedding and people were annoyed, lol.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Diana could do no wrong no matter how bad her behaviour. Not sure how popular she would be now had she lived.
I think it would have calmed down a lot. Like how Princess Margaret was very popular back in the day or other society girls. A new, fresh face would have come along. Still popular but not in the same way.
I do think that maybe William and Harry wouldn’t have married their respective wives.

Perspicacia Tick

Chatty Member
im not sure if she had any say in it, her Granddaughter Margaret was married and sent to Scotland at age 13 to marry a 31 year old. She didn't seem to postpone the match or maybe didn't have much of a say.
You're probably right. At least (?) Margaret Tudor was 17 when she had her first child I suppose - small mercies.