The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

any fewer and they'll never get round all the events, places and people they need to.
Yep, it can't be slimmed down any more. All these charities want royal patronages and there's not that many people left to cover it all.

Reactions: 4
Except Kate and William's PR regarding being "just like us" has become a huge joke.
---

Does Kate hunt, Diana didn't as she was scared of horses after she fell off one.
Kate definitely shoots, she has been pictured several times with a gun and carrying birds.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 2
Lovely documentary BBC about Charles. It shows much more to him than him, Diana and Camilla

Reactions: 3
They see it purely as sport and also that a fox is a pest that needs keeping under control. While I agree that foxes can be pests especially at lambing time there are far more humane ways to deal with them than the cruel fox hunt. I don't like Camilla either she is quite hard I think. She is good at doing positive things for domestic violence but she also knows that it makes her look good.
I thought fox hunting was already banned in England? I thought it was more of a meet up and gallop around followed by drinks these days.

Reactions: 1
I thought fox hunting was already banned in England? I thought it was more of a meet up and gallop around followed by drinks these days.
It's illegal to hunt them with a pack of dogs. I think you can still shoot them?

Anyway it's all horrible IMO.

• Heart
Some have been caught hunting illegally, trouble is many of them think that they are above the law anyway

• Sick
They get round it, it might have been that they were allowed to go out with only two dogs or something. Also, whilst out riding some hunters say their dogs picked up the scent of a fox that was 'just passing by' and chased it. So many hunters actually breed foxes so that they can chase them with dogs and see them being ripped to shreds.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
They get round it, it might have been that they were allowed to go out with only two dogs or something. Also, whilst out riding some hunters say their dogs picked up the scent of a fox that was 'just passing by' and chased it. So many hunters actually breed foxes so that they can chase them with dogs and see them being ripped to shreds.
I don't like hunting either but that, to be blunt is bollocks. Why would they need to? There's more than enough foxes out there creating havoc. The 'soppification' of foxes in this country is ludicrous. People need to remember that those dear little cubs (yes, they truly are adorable) will grow up into chicken murdering bastards. I don't use those words lightly, foxes kill for fun, not just hunger. A bit like humans, really.

I don't like hunting either but that, to be blunt is bollocks. Why would they need to? There's more than enough foxes out there creating havoc. The 'soppification' of foxes in this country is ludicrous. People need to remember that those dear little cubs (yes, they truly are adorable) will grow up into chicken murdering bastards. I don't use those words lightly, foxes kill for fun, not just hunger. A bit like humans, really.
I know they kill lambs as well but surely there should be more humane ways of killing them, shooting them would be better than having them being chased for miles and then ripped to shreds. I live in the country and I do realise the damage foxes can to to livestock.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ya I have no objection to culling foxes. I think it's a rural v urban thing. It is more humane to shoot them rather than let the hounds kill them though.

Reactions: 8
That is what they would have you believe. It is still a very active “sport.” Look up hunt saboteurs on Instagram (but only if you have a strong stomach). It’s absolutely despicable. 💔

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Chicken "murdering" bastards is certainly a fresh take on the matter.

Reactions: 2
Hunting to control the population is a necessary evil - there aren’t enough natural enemies to do so. People pay good money to be part of a hunting party. While I personally don’t see the appeal, as long as they act according to the law so be it. I do have a big problem with making it more cruel than it has to be. If some people like to dress up, and have a party afterwards that’s not my cup of tea, but this also doesn’t necessarily make them the devil incarnate.
On the other hand - human are known to be opportunistic and cruel. Some hunt animals with questionable or unlawful methods, others love to buy new tech every year while happily accepting this means child labour under the most horrendous conditions. I rather not think about my mobile I am typing on right now, as there’s a good and realistic chance at least one very young child died for it.

I know they kill lambs as well but surely there should be more humane ways of killing them, shooting them would be better than having them being chased for miles and then ripped to shreds. I live in the country and I do realise the damage foxes can to to livestock.
I totally agree that shooting them is preferable. No animal should be ripped apart.

• Heart
Hunting to control the population is a necessary evil - there aren’t enough natural enemies to do so. People pay good money to be part of a hunting party. While I personally don’t see the appeal, as long as they act according to the law so be it. I do have a big problem with making it more cruel than it has to be. If some people like to dress up, and have a party afterwards that’s not my cup of tea, but this also doesn’t necessarily make them the devil incarnate.
On the other hand - human are known to be opportunistic and cruel. Some hunt animals with questionable or unlawful methods, others love to buy new tech every year while happily accepting this means child labour under the most horrendous conditions. I rather not think about my mobile I am typing on right now, as there’s a good and realistic chance at least one very young child died for it.
You make a great point about what humans do to each other. Even what we're doing to our environment. Fox hunting is the low hanging fruit. Easy to criticise and straightforward to 'solve' but not the biggest problem in the world right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You make a great point about what humans do to each other. Even what we're doing to our environment. Fox hunting is the low hanging fruit. Easy to criticise and straightforward to 'solve' but not the biggest problem in the world right now.
I remember in one of the recent elections (can’t remember which there’s been that many), that fox hunting was such a huge deal. The NHS, EU, education all worthy talking points but I was hearing about fox hunting everyday, it was on the cover of newspapers and in debates, when the majority of people really don’t give a tit

• Sick
I remember in one of the recent elections (can’t remember which there’s been that many), that fox hunting was such a huge deal. The NHS, EU, education all worthy talking points but I was hearing about fox hunting everyday, it was on the cover of newspapers and in debates, when the majority of people really don’t give a tit
But some do "give a tit"as you so eloquently put it and their views count as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hunting for population control - yes. But it doesn’t have to be cruel, it doesn’t have to damage the countryside, it doesn’t have to damage other wildlife. Staff go around blocking up escape routes which can lead to badger setts being blocked. The fox endures physical and mental cruelty before a painful, sometimes slow, death. All for the enjoyment of privileged hooray Henry’s. They don’t give a rat’s arse about anything apart from their entertainment. People say it’s a low hanging fruit and that people don’t give a tit but they should - it’s a backward practice and anyone who does it is mentally unwell. Royal or not.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.