The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
D
Exactly, they’re trying to save money in the wrong places.
Does Charles think that we (the peasants) don't realise this and not using the super expensive jewellery that they own is somehow going to fool us into thinking that this is a cut price coronation.

Reactions: 8
It may be Charles's own preferences rather than an attempt to appeal to the masses. I can't recall Charles ever coming across as the glitz & glam type.

Reactions: 3
It may be Charles's own preferences rather than an attempt to appeal to the masses. I can't recall Charles ever coming across as the glitz & glam type.
But it’s the Coronation of the King and Queen. Give us the jewels Charles! Fight our corner Camilla!

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Yel

just cracked open the M&S coronation biscuit tin and had a couple of the shortbreads…which I’d told my OH must not be touched before Saturday
I've been saying to my bf to not open the shortbread, but I've bought two tins off it because you need the matching set 😆. 900g of shortbread - 5'000 cals of the stuff, no idea why I'm waiting 😁

I'm ready for the crowns on our tattle avatars, but it feels a bit early for that. Coronation

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've been saying to my bf to not open the shortbread, but I've bought two tins off it because you need the matching set 😆. 900g of shortbread - 5'000 cals of the stuff, no idea why I'm waiting 😁

I'm ready for the crowns on our tattle avatars, but it feels a bit early for that. Coronation
Oh I bought the grey and was trying to convince myself I didn’t need the purple too…but you’re right you should really have the matching set…

What has she been saying?
---
I loved the Windsors Coronation Special last Sunday night, portraying Sophie squeaking like a mouse.
She’s done an interview with canadian news, saying that the Family shouldn’t be slimmed down!! Sorry but get real…most people would not roll out of bed to see her, Edward, Beatrice and Eugenie. And obviously Andrew needs to be put out to pasture. Why should the taxpayer have to pay for these witless idiots?

Reactions: 5
She’s done an interview with canadian news, saying that the Family shouldn’t be slimmed down!! Sorry but get real…most people would not roll out of bed to see her, Edward, Beatrice and Eugenie. And obviously Andrew needs to be put out to pasture. Why should the taxpayer have to pay for these witless idiots?
Unless she is worried that her workload will increase as she seems to do more duties than some of the younger ones like William and Kate and she isn't getting any younger. Andrew needs to be holed up somewhere.

Reactions: 6
It’s a coronation- I don’t want wedding vibes either. Bring out the bloody bling. It won’t have been seen in such glorious amounts since 1953. How disappointing! I love the pomp. The anti royals will disapprove no matter what so balls to them and bring out the lot!
I don't believe in royalty but they're largely there for entertainment purposes, so yeah why not the bling?

Reactions: 4

Actually that's not really what she said at all... they asked her about Charle's vision of a slimmed down monarchy and she said that the idea was there when there were a lot more working royals but now it's about as slim as it can be and that it's probably not a good idea to slim it down much further and she's right. The Queen's cousins are all but retired leaving 5 working royals outside of the King and Queen...any fewer and they'll never get round all the events, places and people they need to. Beatrice, Eugenie etc don't receive any funding.

Reactions: 13
Blimey, that's harsh! She's right though, of the ones you mention only she and Edward are 'working royals' and plenty of people do roll out of bed for them. So, King, Queen, Waleses (not that they've exactly got their noses to the grindstone), Anne, Edward & Sophie. Who do we prune from that lot to slim things down? Andrew is most emphatically not doing anything, thank goodness, and nor are his daughters.

I can see her point if we take the current working royals as the lot until the Wales kids grow up.
Charles & Camilla, William & Kate, Anne, and then Edward and Sophie. That's a decent line-up for sending out on display, and cousins & nieces/nephews of the monarch can have their varied titles without needing to be on the royal payroll.

As old age drives retirement or permanent retirement we'd end up with only the Wales lot as working royals, and if they set a precedent of only the heir's children being working royals thanks to Harry's exit making that easy for the current generation, they can keep a reasonably small set of working royals unless George has an absolute litter.

I've never liked Camilla and not just because of the way Princess Diana was treated. I can't stand bloody-thirsty people and Camilla is one bloody-thirsty person. Anyone who likes seeing a small animal being torn apart - and Charles likes this too - is not a person to be liked or admired.

I've never liked Camilla and not just because of the way Princess Diana was treated. I can't stand bloody-thirsty people and Camilla is one bloody-thirsty person. Anyone who likes seeing a small animal being torn apart - and Charles likes this too - is not a person to be liked or admired.
They see it purely as sport and also that a fox is a pest that needs keeping under control. While I agree that foxes can be pests especially at lambing time there are far more humane ways to deal with them than the cruel fox hunt. I don't like Camilla either she is quite hard I think. She is good at doing positive things for domestic violence but she also knows that it makes her look good.

They see it purely as sport and also that a fox is a pest that needs keeping under control. While I agree that foxes can be pests especially at lambing time there are far more humane ways to deal with them than the cruel fox hunt. I don't like Camilla either she is quite hard I think. She is good at doing positive things for domestic violence but she also knows that it makes her look good.
To be fair I think that applies to most of ‘em. They live, die and stay in position by their PR.

Reactions: 2
All of them hunt in one way or another. I think Meghan was the only one who was against it?
I get hunting for food, that makes sense - if you kill something you eat it. But apart from that it’s horrendous and outdated.

Reactions: 2
To be fair I think that applies to most of ‘em. They live, die and stay in position by their PR.
Except Kate and William's PR regarding being "just like us" has become a huge joke.
---
All of them hunt in one way or another. I think Meghan was the only one who was against it?
I get hunting for food, that makes sense - if you kill something you eat it. But apart from that it’s horrendous and outdated.
Does Kate hunt, Diana didn't as she was scared of horses after she fell off one.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.