The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To Invictus, apparently.
I don't know if he did or not - it seems like it's just rumor based on the accounts but to me it looks like it was just money moved around when Harry and Meghan booked it and The Royal Foundation split off his charities.

I'd be shocked if he donated it tbh, I also never believed he donated his salary from EAA, they never specified to what or where.

Reactions: 2
Apparently he gave the money to charity.
Even if he pissed it up the wall it was his money to do with it what he wanted. Harry could have got a settlement as well but he decided to go it alone and get his own legal team. I can’t imagine he’d get as much though, apparently his phone was only hacked 9 times

Reactions: 6
Seeing so much more of Kate and William at the moment. Have they finally stepped up and doing more or is this just temporary in the run up to the coronation?

I wasn’t sure about her choice of dress, I thought it made her look a bit mummy? Or is that a bit harsh? I suppose she is a mum!

Seeing so much more of Kate and William at the moment. Have they finally stepped up and doing more or is this just temporary in the run up to the coronation?

I wasn’t sure about her choice of dress, I thought it made her look a bit mummy? Or is that a bit harsh? I suppose she is a mum!
At Aberfan? I think she just decided on low-key (its a Zara re-wear) and respectful. Playing it very safe as Kate likes to do.

Reactions: 12
At Aberfan? I think she just decided on low-key (its a Zara re-wear) and respectful. Playing it very safe as Kate likes to do.
I suppose that’s right. It’s very sober. I just felt it was a frumpy style/length on her. But if that’s deliberate to keep the focus on the event, then that’s fair enough.

Reactions: 6
It's definitely frumpy but I think Kate likes frumpy. I always wonder if part of it is because we know she and her mum share clothes.

I think the 'stepping up' is temporary, as it always is. They'll do their 2 day visit here and disappear until the Coronation then disappear til Trooping the Colour. They disappear for weeks on end. Status quo with them.

It's good they went there. Such a tragic event. All those kids :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
It's definitely frumpy but I think Kate likes frumpy. I always wonder if part of it is because we know she and her mum share clothes.

I think the 'stepping up' is temporary, as it always is. They'll do their 2 day visit here and disappear until the Coronation then disappear til Trooping the Colour. They disappear for weeks on end. Status quo with them.
I think they will be on a PR push pre coronation Coronation- lets face it, the number of working Royals to pull from is very small, and as Prince and Princess of Wales they need to be seen there. Luckily for them Spring Bank Holiday half term will shortly be upon them and they can take themselves off for a little bit of R&R.

Reactions: 5
I don't know if he did or not - it seems like it's just rumor based on the accounts but to me it looks like it was just money moved around when Harry and Meghan booked it and The Royal Foundation split off his charities.

I'd be shocked if he donated it tbh, I also never believed he donated his salary from EAA, they never specified to what or where.
They can't lie about stuff like that. It would be too easy to find out and the fall out would be horrendous.

The Queen always used to wear bright, but muted colours if that makes sense … the whole ‘people want to see me’ thing.

I liked what Kate wore - I thought it was appropriate for the occasion. I really liked how her hair was straight down and not curled. I thought it was sweet how she handled the bag situation, saying there was no rush and went to great other people. Felt quite natural.

It’s been said that the Queen left Angela Kelly a grace in favour house for her to live in for the rest of her life. If this is true, I think it’s rather cruel that Charles kicked her out after only a few months. Regardless of his own personal relationship with Angela, she was devoted to the Queen. I read that she’s going to move to the Peak District which sounds lovely.

Reactions: 7
I think Kate wore something maybe slightly boring to ensure the headlines were not about her outfit but instead about the visit. The somber air to the visit was more important than wearing a new outfit.

Reactions: 19
I think Kate wore something maybe slightly boring to ensure the headlines were not about her outfit but instead about the visit. The somber air to the visit was more important than wearing a new outfit.
Not making it about her outfit is exactly what she wanted I imagine. I remember from when she last wore the dress it was €40 from Zara.

Reactions: 5
I liked what Kate wore - I thought it was appropriate for the occasion. I really liked how her hair was straight down and not curled. I thought it was sweet how she handled the bag situation, saying there was no rush and went to great other people. Felt quite natural.

It’s been said that the Queen left Angela Kelly a grace in favour house for her to live in for the rest of her life. If this is true, I think it’s rather cruel that Charles kicked her out after only a few months. Regardless of his own personal relationship with Angela, she was devoted to the Queen. I read that she’s going to move to the Peak District which sounds lovely.
The Angela Kelly thing is shocking as I'd think someone like her knows too much to let go of. I know she fell out with Megan and Harry about stuff too and there has been whispers about her attitude to people for years so maybe she pissed off the wrong person this time?

Reactions: 9
The Angela Kelly thing is shocking as I'd think someone like her knows too much to let go of. I know she fell out with Megan and Harry about stuff too and there has been whispers about her attitude to people for years so maybe she pissed off the wrong person this time?
I read Angela's memoirs and based on that and that alone she came across insufferably full of herself

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m thinking - she had no role anymore because of the Queen’s death so the King could have asked her to sign an NDA or whatever and said fine you can continue living here. I don’t see the point of moving her on.

Reactions: 3
I read Angela's memoirs and based on that and that alone she came across insufferably full of herself
I don't know why, as I don't know anything about her, but I've never liked the look of Angela Kelly. Always struck me as being hard faced.

Reactions: 7
Totally agree. To me the whole tone of the books was a bit too much "poor old HMQ, can't manage without Marvellous ME!!!!' Horrid. Something Harry said suddenly made sense, when he talked about HMQ needing to be protected. Almost everybody assumed he meant family and went on rants about what a turd he was being. What if he was actually talking about AK? Very elderly people can be vulnerable in these situations, even if they are a reigning monarch!

Reactions: 10
I think the Queen was pretty astute despite her great age.Personally I doubt whether she wanted or needed "protection". I do think she would want and expect loyalty from her family and friends though.

Reactions: 15
With how much she was able and willing to publish while protected by the favour of the Queen, I can't imagine she was going to hold anything back with the Queen gone.

Given he's got a son willing to write books full of embarrassing details, why keep around and continue to pay for someone with no employment for the crown any longer, who's already shown happiness to spill intimate details?
This way he's not paying her rent and phone bill when she does whatever she'd have done either way.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.