The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lovely photo taken by POW at Balmoral last summer. Released today in recognition of what would have been HMQ’s 97th birthday ❤
I don’t have children and I’m not sure I will be able to because of health issues but I think it’s rather incredible to have a photo like that. In your mid 90’s with your grandchildren and great grandchildren. Such a lovely and touching image. It’s quite an accomplishment.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Lovely photo taken by POW at Balmoral last summer. Released today in recognition of what would have been HMQ’s 97th birthday ❤
Nice photo - I thought at first it was going to great-grandchildren but they've got Edward and Sophie's in there too.

Reactions: 6
I think it's far more to do with the fact that she's a woman who married a royal. When was the last time Mike Tindall had his body size, facial features, or hair style scrutinised and treated as public property to be assessed?
Mike Tindall is not a working member of the Royal Family.

The Princess of Wales is, not that I am condoning any nastiness that may come her way pertaining to her appearance.

Reactions: 1
At least she was spared the worst of the Harry and Meghan bile.
Honestly, it is quite sad that they're not in the picture - I'm sure if Archie and Lilibet were in the picture people will have something nasty to say about it (they're not royals, its for attention etc.) so they can't win.

Also, we have NO IDEA what goes on behind closed doors - they could be on zoom calls or talking over the phone on the regular. They are all a family at the end of the day.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Honestly, it is quite sad that they're not in the picture - I'm sure if Archie and Lilibet were in the picture people will have something nasty to say about it (they're not royals, its for attention etc.) so they can't win.

Also, we have NO IDEA what goes on behind closed doors - they could be on zoom calls or talking over the phone on the regular. They are all a family at the end of the day.
It is sad for those kids that they don't have any extended family apart from their grandmother. I think we can be reasonably sure that they don't have regular zooms and calls though. I mean Harry has told us that there's very little contact?

Beatrice and Eugenie's kids aren't in the photo either so I suppose it's just whoever was there at the time. It would have been nice if they'd been able to get all of the younger generation together alright though.

They are damaging those poor children by keeping them from family - then!!! demanding titles through the family they claim to hate and keep their children from! More marketable.

Reactions: 8
They are damaging those poor children by keeping them from family - then!!! demanding titles through the family they claim to hate and keep their children from! More marketable.
They are American children now with royal genes. Mysterious and elusive. Financially very lucrative.

Reactions: 5

I’m obsessed with the idea that Kate (or Will) knows what loveofhuns is. I like to think she has a burner insta that follows it. Definitely isn’t just their social media person replying

I thought I’d recognised the restaurant they went to so looked at the menu and it was one I went to a few years ago. If anyone’s in Birmingham and wants an Indian I can vouch it was very very good, they picked a good place to go

Reactions: 12
I hate the constant talk about her weight but Kate looks thinner than ever today in Birmingham... although I do think it may be a bad cut outfit because it looks like it's hanging off her
i just want to give my two bits:

first of all: i agree, that dress wasn't becoming. and, tbh, i really don't like the coat-dress "brand" she's going for, it ages her tremendously. compare it to when she's in a pantsuit or a good old fashioned tweed skirt.

and second: we seem to have lost sight of what a healthy weight looks like, with all the body acceptance and fat activism going on and pushed by the media. what i want to say that even for her height, Catherine isn't underweight, she is very fit, even shredded, she might surprise us all and be on the higher end of a healthy BMI weight wise. if it's anything to go by, her hair is radiant, so is the colour in her cheeks and her skin and teeth. i know, i know, there's all kind of procedures and she is suspected to have had the extra "help" now and then, but she looks healthy and she can go on for hours without effort.

cheers and i enjoy this thread, although i'm more present on that other one, because THE DRAMA 😬

• Heart
  • Haha

I’m obsessed with the idea that Kate (or Will) knows what loveofhuns is. I like to think she has a burner insta that follows it. Definitely isn’t just their social media person replying

I thought I’d recognised the restaurant they went to so looked at the menu and it was one I went to a few years ago. If anyone’s in Birmingham and wants an Indian I can vouch it was very very good, they picked a good place to go
A great advert for tooth whitening procedures....

• Haha
Reactions: 3
and second: we seem to have lost sight of what a healthy weight looks like, with all the body acceptance and fat activism going on and pushed by the media. what i want to say that even for her height, Catherine isn't underweight, she is very fit, even shredded, she might surprise us all and be on the higher end of a healthy BMI weight wise. if it's anything to go by, her hair is radiant, so is the colour in her cheeks and her skin and teeth. i know, i know, there's all kind of procedures and she is suspected to have had the extra "help" now and then, but she looks healthy and she can go on for hours without effort.

cheers and i enjoy this thread, although i'm more present on that other one, because THE DRAMA 😬
Kate does look underweight at times, I noticed a big difference after the wedding. She definitely isn’t shredded. I found some old magazines from when Diana was around and they were praising her figure, saying she was so healthy looking, so slim, etc etc but it was also at the time that she later said she was suffering with her eating disorder. I agree with what other commenters have said, she probably finds exercise and her diet the one thing can control.

Reactions: 14
Kate does look underweight at times, I noticed a big difference after the wedding. She definitely isn’t shredded. I found some old magazines from when Diana was around and they were praising her figure, saying she was so healthy looking, so slim, etc etc but it was also at the time that she later said she was suffering with her eating disorder. I agree with what other commenters have said, she probably finds exercise and her diet the one thing can control.
Maybe she does. Any weight gain would be pounced upon by Royal watchers. I don't blame her at all. She seems to have plenty of energy and staying power. She's not "frail".I think she is well despite her slim build.

Reactions: 9
also, absolutely true and i agree. but (there's always a but) Catherine at 41 looks better and healthier than Diana ever looked, regardless of tabloid spin. it's true, Diana looked fine in her later years, once she got over her ED and filled up in the right places, but she never looked as shredded and healthy as Catherine, in spite of her years of compulsive exercising (and Di's god-awful mullets and excessive suntan while having the complexion of an English rose didn't help her very much)

Catherine in shorts has more muscles than a muscle man. also, Catherine always gave me this vibe of serenity, maybe even passiveness, and i don't mean it in a bad way. it's just speculation that maybe she's not that much into controlling things.

again, agree, i could be way out of range :)

Reactions: 8
I remember the tabloids speculating heavily about Diana's weight loss, she was like a knitting needle. I can't recall any media speculation about Kate's build, but Diana at the time looked downright ill.

Reactions: 4
I think Kate looks slim and willowy. Her appearance is certainly not reminiscent of an eating disorder sufferer. I should know ‐ I was one. Her hair is in fabulous condition, she seems to have boundless energy, never looks lethargic, and her legs have way too much tone for an anorexic. I have a similar build to Kate, I'm the same age with no boobs whatsoever, but toned arms and legs. If anything I've also got slimmer since having my 4 children. It's a sad indictment of this country that its harder to find size 4/6 clothes than it is size 22. You used to be hard pushed to find anything over a size 16 in high street stores. Now that's considered average size.

I don't know whether this is just an English thing as I used to live in Madrid and women's weight was hardly ever a talking point over there. Letizia is tiny, if you put her and Kate side by side, you'd say Kate looked healthy. Letizia looks way more fragile, but even that doesnt mean eating disorder. Both women just probably live on their nerves, as I do, and I don't have the scrutiny that they have to deal with.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've seen a lot has being made of the fact Catherine was carrying her full of tit tote bag herself ... well, my husband will carry a suitcase, overnight bag, shopping etc etc but not my handbag and I would never let him! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.