The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all on telly anyway, I'd imagine a fair few of the lucky 2000 would rather be elsewhere and could eat and drink throughout it and have a better view. Many people in their 90s wouldn't want all the hassle of attending.

Reactions: 8
Wasn't downsizing the size and cost of the monarchy/royal family what most people wanted? Why then complain when there's some downsizing?

While I'm sure there will be a few people offended that they aren't invited to their very dear 32nd cousin's coronation, I'm afraid I can't find it in me to sympathise.
I’m sure all the ’spurned’ septuagenarians, octogenarians and nonagenarians are devastated they aren’t going to have to sit in a draughty Abbey on hard chairs with no access to toilet Facilities for upwards of 4 hours. I’m sure that sitting at home with a glass of something alcoholic and snacks in their robes and coronet in front of the tele wont appeal at all.

Reactions: 12
There was the story of Pamela Hicks not going like it was a big controversy. It’s like people forget any sense, most people don’t invite their mums friends to events but Charles must or he’s disrespectful. Same with Fergie, I saw Scobie say it was cruel, it’s his brothers ex wife, a lot of people don’t even speak to their ex husbands family but apparently for Charles it’s cruel to not invite her to one event when she gets to shove herself into everything else.

Reactions: 15
There was the story of Pamela Hicks not going like it was a big controversy. It’s like people forget any sense, most people don’t invite their mums friends to events but Charles must or he’s disrespectful. Same with Fergie, I saw Scobie say it was cruel, it’s his brothers ex wife, a lot of people don’t even speak to their ex husbands family but apparently for Charles it’s cruel to not invite her to one event when she gets to shove herself into everything else.
Fergie wasn't invited to the wedding of William and Catherine and it is quite correct she isn't invited to the upcoming Coronation

Reactions: 7
Lady Pamela is a case in point, isn’t she? Yes, she is closely tied to the family. Prince Philip was her cousin, she was friends with both Princess Elizabeth and Margaret from childhood, i think all her children have royal godparents … but she is also 94 and was recently photographed in a wheelchair. It’s not exactly a snub to say, ‘sit this one out’ is it?

Reactions: 14
I am getting a bit fed up with the press fixation with 'snubs', not everyone will be invited!

Reactions: 7
Lady Pamela is a case in point, isn’t she? Yes, she is closely tied to the family. Prince Philip was her cousin, she was friends with both Princess Elizabeth and Margaret from childhood, i think all her children have royal godparents … but she is also 94 and was recently photographed in a wheelchair. It’s not exactly a snub to say, ‘sit this one out’ is it?
She didn’t even mind not being invited! Not sure why her daughter included that snippet in her Instagram post wishing her mother happy birthday. It’s the silly plebs underneath all up in arms, how dare Charles not invite her?!
Like you said she’s in a wheelchair, in her 90s and she’s nearly deaf!

Reactions: 5
Fergie wasn't invited to the wedding of William and Catherine and it is quite correct she isn't invited to the upcoming Coronation
If Charles has anyone with sense around him he’d be telling Andrew he’s also not invited and not just his ex wife

Reactions: 6
If Charles has anyone with sense around him he’d be telling Andrew he’s also not invited and not just his ex wife
I can see he can’t do that sadly as it is his brother. But I don’t think Fergie has been snubbed. She isn’t a member of the RF. It all feels like whipping up controversy where there isn’t any to me…

Reactions: 6
I can see he can’t do that sadly as it is his brother. But I don’t think Fergie has been snubbed. She isn’t a member of the RF. It all feels like whipping up controversy where there isn’t any to me…
Gotta stay relevant! There’s $$ to be made out of “I got snubbed” interviews. “My sex creep ex husband got an invite and I didn’t! Waaaah”
It is interesting that the divorcee is becoming queen but the divorced mother of the king’s nieces isn’t invited. Bit of the pot calling the kettle black in my opinion

Reactions: 2
Wanted to go to a coronation celebration event at one of the royal castles on the coronation day but they don't have a screen to watch 🙁
I think I'm going to celebrate at home so I can see it.

Reactions: 3
In Royal history, were there any princes who became king that had divorced or deceased wives? Did their current spouse become queen, or is this the first case of this?
James VII & II for starters. Anne Hyde, the mother of Queen's Mary II and Anne, had died while they were still Duke and Duchess of York and he married Mary of Modena who became the mother of James Stuart, the Old Pretender. Mary of Modena's crown is the oldest consort crown in the royal crown collection.

George I had an imprisoned wife.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Sarah was on TV today saying it wasn't a snub. Basically, it's what happens when you divorce. 'You're either in or you're out' were her words. Take note Harold. ;)

Reactions: 10
It is interesting that the divorcee is becoming queen but the divorced mother of the king’s nieces isn’t invited. Bit of the pot calling the kettle black in my opinion
The divorcee who is becoming Queen is actually married to the King. The divorced ex-wife of his brother isn't married to anyone and lives as her ex-husband's bidie-in FWB.

Reactions: 11
Sarah was on TV today saying it wasn't a snub. Basically, it's what happens when you divorce. 'You're either in or you're out' were her words. Take note Harold. ;)
That did sound a bit pointed! There's a limit of 2000 which sounds like a lot but it isn't once you add in all the gov minsters, foreign dignitaries etc. I don't see how Fergie could make the cut in that situation. She doesn't sound like she minds either to be fair.

Gotta stay relevant! There’s $$ to be made out of “I got snubbed” interviews. “My sex creep ex husband got an invite and I didn’t! Waaaah”
I don't really follow your logic - Camilla's not divorced from a member of the RF, she's married to one. Fergie on the other hand is divorced from a member of the RF. I dont't see how Camilla being a divorcee is relevant to Fergie being invited or not. She never went to anything official when the Queen was alive either.

Reactions: 13
The divorcee who is becoming Queen is actually married to the King. The divorced ex-wife of his brother isn't married to anyone and lives as her ex-husband's bidie-in FWB.
Gosh, bidie-in :) years since I heard that. Fabulous term😀
---
James VII & II for starters. Anne Hyde, the mother of Queen's Mary II and Anne, had died while they were still Duke and Duchess of York and he married Mary of Modena who became the mother of James Stuart, the Old Pretender. Mary of Modena's crown is the oldest consort crown in the royal crown collection.

George I had an imprisoned wife.
Henry VIII obviously, crowned 2 wives as Queen, proclaimed the third Queen but wasn’t flush enough for another coronation and didn’t bother at all with the last 3.

George IV had a fun filled coronation that involved his Queen thumping on the doors to be let in, the doors being locked and her being totally ignored.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t see why not, plenty of Kings before him have done much worse to their brothers, and a lot of the general public don’t speak to siblings. Charles being coronated with the divorced wife that his children hated, with his daughter in law in another country because the family don’t like her, whilst the problematic, borderline noncey brother stays at home uninvited is quite possibly the most modern and relatable to the public family dynamic a king could have.
I think Charles would start his reign in a much more favourable view of the public if he said duck off to his brother.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.