The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, the royals and aristocrats were French for quite a while. For the current lot I'd have gone with a German dish, personally.

Reactions: 2
In Royal history, were there any princes who became king that had divorced or deceased wives? Did their current spouse become queen, or is this the first case of this?
I feel like given how many “blended” families and children of divorce there are now, it sets a nice example of acceptance and reunification of a family after tragedy etc. Shame it’s just all a bit of tit show.
Hopefully once Charles dies, William and Kate can set an example of a lovely wholesome family and be in stark comparison to Charles and di..and let’s be honest, Harry and snarkle will be divorced by then. Hopefully Harry gets full custody and Kate can play kind aunt/ step mother in the palace to them

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
The further etymology is uncertain but it may be related to the German Kuchen meaning "cake" or "tart".

Quiche is considered a French dish; however, using eggs and cream in pastry was practised in English cuisine at least as early as the 14th century and Italian cuisine at least as early as the 13th century.

From wiki, like all of these things it's a mixed bag.

Reactions: 3
There’s a picture of Edward online today and he looks quite ill and has aged a lot since his mother’s death.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
But that's the thing - they won't because he's always gotten less sausages 😅
He’s usually covered them in 8 hour cream, that’s the problem.
---
In Royal history, were there any princes who became king that had divorced or deceased wives? Did their current spouse become queen, or is this the first case of this?
I feel like given how many “blended” families and children of divorce there are now, it sets a nice example of acceptance and reunification of a family after tragedy etc. Shame it’s just all a bit of tit show.
Hopefully once Charles dies, William and Kate can set an example of a lovely wholesome family and be in stark comparison to Charles and di..and let’s be honest, Harry and snarkle will be divorced by then. Hopefully Harry gets full custody and Kate can play kind aunt/ step mother in the palace to them
Henry VIII divorced and remained king, the Church of England exists because of this (a point a CofE vicar did NOT like me pointing out when he refused to marry myself and my husband after my previous divorce), but as far as I know, no queens have been previously divorced, widowed, yes, but not divorced.
Edward IV had previously been ‘betrothed’, but he sacked that off for Elizabeth Woodville cos she was too hot.

I don’t think the majority of people think it’s a shitshow. The St Diana lot are just really vocal on social media, the majority of people I know just think ‘fair play’.

as for Harry, I would advise him to read some medieval history books and have a look at what happened to angry brothers. And advise him to stay away from any butts of malmsey wine.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I just don’t get the Camilla hate still. Diana died 25 years ago. Charles and Camilla have been married far longer and far happier than he and Diana. The line of succession isn’t altered. Charles didn’t marry her till Diana had passed. Would he have married her anyway - possibly? How could we know?

Camilla is hard working and doesn’t try to hog any limelight. She just gets on with the job. There are lots of blended families in the UK. Our monarchy needs modernisation to survive. There’s much bigger issues on the UK at present than this in my humble opinion.

Reactions: 44
I just don’t get the Camilla hate still. Diana died 25 years ago. Charles and Camilla have been married far longer and far happier than he and Diana. The line of succession isn’t altered. Charles didn’t marry her till Diana had passed. Would he have married her anyway - possibly? How could we know?

Camilla is hard working and doesn’t try to hog any limelight. She just gets on with the job. There are lots of blended families in the UK. Our monarchy needs modernisation to survive. There’s much bigger issues on the UK at present than this in my humble opinion.
And the heir to the throne is Diana not Camilla's son anyway
---
He’s usually covered them in 8 hour cream, that’s the problem.
---

Henry VIII divorced and remained king, the Church of England exists because of this (a point a CofE vicar did NOT like me pointing out when he refused to marry myself and my husband after my previous divorce), but as far as I know, no queens have been previously divorced, widowed, yes, but not divorced.
Edward IV had previously been ‘betrothed’, but he sacked that off for Elizabeth Woodville cos she was too hot.

I don’t think the majority of people think it’s a shitshow. The St Diana lot are just really vocal on social media, the majority of people I know just think ‘fair play’.

as for Harry, I would advise him to read some medieval history books and have a look at what happened to angry brothers. And advise him to stay away from any butts of malmsey wine.
Sorry to hear that. Most Church of England Vicars will remarry divorcees now provided no adultery involved. Though Charles and Camilla of course got a blessing only for that reason

Reactions: 1

I like Camilla. I always have done.
And I agree, she just gets on with the job, without any fanfare.

She and Charles seem very happy together, and that's the main thing, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ridiculous how it's becoming a daily story that x hasn't been invited. There's 2'000 places and they can't deck it out like a Victorian stadium like they did last time for 8'000 people

Reactions: 1
Wasn't downsizing the size and cost of the monarchy/royal family what most people wanted? Why then complain when there's some downsizing?

While I'm sure there will be a few people offended that they aren't invited to their very dear 32nd cousin's coronation, I'm afraid I can't find it in me to sympathise.

Reactions: 10
Ridiculous how it's becoming a daily story that x hasn't been invited. There's 2'000 places and they can't deck it out like a Victorian stadium like they did last time for 8'000 people

I guess modern fire standards and health and safety laws now make 8,000 impossible. Rightly so to be honest. And I think it’s better to have less people: I really can’t get worked up that various dukes etc won’t be there. I think it’s quite sensible for Charles to be trying to distance himself from that (as far as he can as a hereditary monarch anyway).

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.