The Royal Family #37

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for replying! That’s interesting. Okay, so he didn’t take his name but also doesn’t get any form of title? I wonder if that will remain the standard - seems a bit mean!
I also wonder what will be the case with heirs - in this case Ivar already had three kids. It will be super interesting to see what modernisation happens in this area now that it’s all legal.
Well, Ivar's title doesn't get passed on as he got it for being a younger son of a marquess. Same principle as Lady Diana/Sarah/Jane Spencer.

There's apparently a group of peers' daughters who are pushing for change to absolute primogeniture since the monarchy was changed to that (pub quiz question - Princess Charlotte was the first British princess not to lose her place in the succession to a younger brother). While some, mostly Scottish titles, will go to a daughter if there is no son, most are of the Downton Abbey style where the daughters lose out.

Reactions: 8
im not sure if she had any say in it, her Granddaughter Margaret was married and sent to Scotland at age 13 to marry a 31 year old. She didn't seem to postpone the match or maybe didn't have much of a say.
You're probably right. At least (?) Margaret Tudor was 17 when she had her first child I suppose - small mercies.

Reactions: 1
im not sure if she had any say in it, her Granddaughter Margaret was married and sent to Scotland at age 13 to marry a 31 year old. She didn't seem to postpone the match or maybe didn't have much of a say.
I think that if girls had started their periods, by and large they were ‘marriageable’. I think for Arthur and Catherine it was more waiting for Arthur to be old enough to be considered old enough to be married, rather than Catherine.

Well that's one way to attack someone while smiling - the backdrop, the chosen photo, and the secondary headline are all unflattering.
The shade of it all!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
The photo is nice enough. The yellow is a bit krass on the eye. The title is….well yeah. On the other hand- compared to the past it’s actually quite tame. It could be so much worse than implying Camilla is some kind of ruthless badass.

Reactions: 4
Well that's one way to attack someone while smiling - the backdrop, the chosen photo, and the secondary headline are all unflattering.
The shade of it all!
Attack who though? It’s not as if Diana is still alive is it?! Camilla IS queen; there’s no other contestant 🤷‍♀️

Edit: Ah! Did you mean the publication attacking Camilla? Yes. I see what you mean.

It does feel like they’re trying too hard to make Camilla happen from a media perspective rather than through her work or accepting some people will simply never like her. They had a segment on Sky the other day about how she’s gone from mistress to beloved Queen, accepted maybe but not beloved. I think Charles and Harry have a lot more in common than they think when it comes to the women they love and how public perception of them really gets to them.

Reactions: 11
It does feel like they’re trying too hard to make Camilla happen from a media perspective rather than through her work or accepting some people will simply never like her. They had a segment on Sky the other day about how she’s gone from mistress to beloved Queen, accepted maybe but not beloved. I think Charles and Harry have a lot more in common than they think when it comes to the women they love and how public perception of them really gets to them.
Anyone that partakes in Fox Hunting is not a kind or nice person in my book. It's a barbaric and repellent excuse for 'sport' :mad:

Reactions: 17
Really, the time for Rehabilitating Camilla has passed. She is going to be Queen so job’s a good ‘un. If she wanted she could sit dripping in a different set of Queen Mary’s jewels a day I would, drinking gin with her feet up and there’s nothing anyone really could do about it.

Reactions: 17
I'm sure the quiche will be nice, but it would be far better with edamame as they very well know with suggesting it but they know it's not British enough. Even baby broad beans are far better peeled.

Can you buy the quiche anywhere or is the idea you make it yourself from a shared recipe? It’s sounds nice but I’m a terrible cook!

The quiche is basically Charles in food form really.
I mean, it doesn’t really scream ‘celebration’ does it.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
No supermarket ended up making the jubilee pudding I believe?

For this I might just make a spinach omelet and stick in a couple of edamame, it's basically the same.

Reactions: 2
I'm sure the quiche will be nice, but it would be far better with edamame as they very well know with suggesting it but they know it's not British enough. Even baby broad beans are far better peeled.
I love the comments on the Daily Mail - a French dish for a British Royal occasion? At least called it a flan!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.