The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh he is an absolute BORE! moaning about EVERY LITTLE THING! but cant tell the truth about Wedding dress gate and racist comments. I think it's clear to anyone with sound mind that when William said 'on our mothers lives' it was a desperate attempt to make Harry see that he loves him etc but Harry who is paranoid cant see it! I also think Meghan is feeding his paranoia.

Reactions: 20
I really don’t get his thinking. I can see how he is deluded enough to believe that now ALL is out in the open, their could he a reconciliation with him levelling the playing field. Or maybe they have realised money is running out fast. I also get strategically being more critical in the US where he won’t get as much backlash. But it won’t matter at all if the USA would love to see him as glorious winner in this fight. The monarchy only needs the UK on its side and I think people that do care about the monarchy in the UK, one way or the other, don’t have big sympathies for him. The RF sits at the longer lever.
What’s crazy is that he is contradicting himself left and right. Fighting against media misinformation but doesn’t feel the need to clear up when they twist his words. Complains about leaking stuff to make others look bad, goes even further with being downright insulting or revealing private details about others not even shying away about the sphere of intimacy.
I can imagine the RF just waits for tomorrow. When the book is out and there is no need to promote it anymore. I agree thatcher should just wish Kate a Happy Birthday and leave it at that. No comment needed really. The ball is in their court. But they are wise not to pick it up.
I think it all just boils down to the fact that he is singularly unable to see anything from any other point of view than his own. When people point out that there are other ways to interpret what he has said and done, it comes completely out the blue.

Reactions: 20
There has been definitely been a strong a push, but there's also the benefit of time - the public is used to her, so whether they like her or not there's not an active push from them to remove her. At a certain point, even the most avid and obsessive royal fans had to realise they don't actually own the royals as people, so can't control their choice of partner.

In trying to paint Camilla as dangerous, Harry is making a very personal and emotional attack - he can see her as the villain so he can avoid acknowledging his father's adultery, he can see her as the villain to avoid acknowledging his parent's toxic marriage. But he can't make that fact or sell that emotional attack easily, as it only works for those also emotionally invested in the same way.
He also runs the risk of inviting direct comparison to the PR and press onslaught of himself and his wife - it's hard to call out the active media push to rehab Camilla's image without risking comparison to his push to rehab Meghan's after the press turned on her. Why is one dangerous, but the other necessary?
It comes back to just seeing things from his point of view, really. If only one of his many therapists could guide him on how to look at the bigger picture and look objectively.

Reactions: 7
I would like it now if more people start to talk about Harry, like he has about them. I mean those who know the real Harry. Former friends, acquaintances, people who helped and encouraged him along the way. People he has cut off or misrepresented. His myths need debunking, and some new insights into his damaged personality brought forward. He likes interviews and books, other people should do their own. If the Palace don’t react, other people should.
Perhaps Tom Bowers needs to make Harry the subject of his next book. I bet people would be willing to talk to him now.

Reactions: 5
I feel for William. He witnessed his mother's paranoia first hand and she often used him as a confidante when he was younger before she died.

He is now witnessing something similar in his brother. Poor guy must feel desperate but helpless yet as he's on the world's biggest stage, he can't really do anything about it openly.

No wonder he reacted how he did, which makes it even shittier that not only cnat Harry see it, he has talked about it and twisted it in book for his own narrative.

Just can't see how he comes back from this with William

Reactions: 18
It doesn’t _matter_ how popular he was/could have been/could yet be though. It wouldn’t have made the slightest bit of difference if he and Meghan came out higher than W&K in public polls of favourite members of the RF. It wasn’t ever a contest – William had already won by simply being born first. Popularity means nothing – it isn’t a presidential system. The heir takes it all. There really isn’t any point in him ever coming back. He’d end his life being a very bitter No. 10 or lower in a country where his hated William reigned as monarch. Tough tit. Build your own life with what is available to you; don’t covet someone else’s destiny

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It doesn’t _matter_ how popular he was/could have been/could yet be though. It wouldn’t have made the slightest bit of difference if he and Meghan came out higher than W&K in public polls of favourite members of the RF. It wasn’t ever a contest – William had already won by simply being born first. Popularity means nothing – it isn’t a presidential system. The heir takes it all. There really isn’t any point in him ever coming back. He’d end his life being a very bitter No. 10 or lower in a country where his hated William reigned as monarch. Tough tit. Build your own life with what is available to you; don’t covet someone else’s destiny
You sound as bad as him 😉

Reactions: 1
Already when they did their Oprah's interview they mentionned they would come back in a heartbeat if they got what they wanted. They also said it was insulting that the RF suggested Meghan could keep on her career after her wedding if she wished so. It was already stunning from them to say thay would have no problem to work for the RF after all the abuse they said they got in march 2021. Who would like to work for a family/institution described as toxic and racist? That was for me a big redflag at the time because it wasn't making sense according to what they were telling to Orpah. In the Netflix doc they again hinted that it would be a loss for the RF to have Meghan back because she is biracial. I actually found that segment racist. The RF should not use Meghan as a token to show their acceptance and their non-racist stance. It would be wrong on all levels. If the RF wants to show to the world they are evolving they should drop the exception they managed to get to not have to hire people of colour. They should look in their vault and give back artworks and jewellery that have been stolen ( I know it's a complex topic because not everything as been stolen and it would take time and energy but that would be great to face those things). Using Meghan as the PR face of diversity inside of the RF would be wrong. It's very american to think like this, so not suprising actually!

And now the interview and the book, again it's all about coming back "if they get an apology" and what they want. At this stage, it looks like blackmail: we will keep on shitting on the RF as long as we don't get what we want.

The funniest thing? Harry complaining about being the spare but being at the same time a fervent monarchist.
This is Harry who said last night it’s now ironic the press tried to call him racist, he genuinely thinks having a mixed race wife has washed away his sins of the past. So he would think that his wife is a token for the RF to use and for him to benefit from.

Reactions: 15
Re popularity I recall seeing Charles'furious face when the crowds were cheering his new young attractive wife compared to him and his rather boring and conservative image. I think a similar scenario was brewing between Meg and Harry and William and Kate.

Reactions: 8
I think it’s rather silly the comments on social media, the DM etc are saying Eugenie needs to ‘choose a side’.

I’m sick to the back teeth of this crying story. Meghan and Kate both got upset and shed a few tears. OK cool.

The beard thing is weird to me. Why does it matter?

The baby brain comment is likely a simple misunderstanding. A comment that is seen as completely fine in America. Catherine is a bit posh and didn’t like it. Meghan should’ve just said sorry and that be the end of it. There’s no need for any of this tit. It’s a family row that has been blown into the public view because it makes money.
I think the baby brain comment is akin to a man saying "are you on your period" to explain a woman being annoyed. Very offensive.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
In the transcript he calls Meghan black and not just biracial like he did in the uk interview. Seems like he is trying to appeal to the black American cohort. The interview is quite bland, the interviewer doesn’t really push him on a lot. It’s a bit boring feels like the reiteration of the same few stories. I wonder if they’ll all be like this.

I do feel like he’s just desperate for them to tell him how sorry they are for everything so he can join the family again.

Reactions: 7
I think the baby brain comment is akin to a man saying "are you on your period" to explain a woman being annoyed. Very offensive.
Harry was saying last night in order for him and Meghan to acknowledge they own wrongs they had been begging the RF to tell them what they did wrong but he never received any response. Well William and Kate clearly told them the baby brain comment was wrong but Meghan was just upset William pointed at her.

Reactions: 13
I think it’s depends on the relationship you have with the other person and knowing what you can say and what you can’t.

We have a standing joke that friend still has baby brain 30 years on … but if someone we/she didn’t know very well ever said the same umbrage would be well and truly taken.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Carry on here folks ... can't be doing a recap because that would take up the next 52 pages :ROFLMAO:

I always thought the Royals gave each other crap presents at Christmas. Maybe it's a bit much to give a kid a biro but Harry needs to let go of some things. Any wonder he's the way he is when he can't let go of anything.
What do you give as a token seasonal gift to people who have got pretty much everything that most ordinary people aspire & work towards for a life time?

A bloody good laugh!

Princess Margaret - possibly a little sharp of thought, quip & deed at times - chose a biro for Harold.
Maybe Margaret ‘knew‘ something all those years ago…?
Maybe Harold was already struggling with his writing etc?
Maybe she chose the smallest cheapest thing from the corner shop?

Who knows what message or intent was, what we do know is that the ‘boy’ has held on to this petty slight & blown it up into an adult grievance to share with all.

Meh!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I haven’t seen the interview, but apparently he came over better than expected, and a family member who’s on holiday in NY atm, said that there’s a lot of sympathy for him and Meghan in the media over there, and a fair amount of hostility to the royal family!
I’m going to watch it later. Have the book pre ordered from the library!
They are welcome to the narcissistic, bullying tit in the US, I can’t think there’s many sane people in the UK that want him back here. Let’s just hope his big gob doesn’t get any of them turned into chess pieces.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.