Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I can't believe they're rowing back on the racist royal. It was the biggest take away from Oprah. Why didn't he say at the time that that wasn't what he meant when the whole world was calling the RF racist and speculating on who it could be.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Harry is conveniently not mentioning that the driver was absolutely fucked off his face and that neither passengers were wearing a seatbelt.

The press have a lot to answer for and taking the photos was fucking disgusting, but the driver and lack of seatbelt killed her. Admitting that means it’s Diana’s fault.
Diana also refused Scotland Yard's protection/drivers when she was without children, as she thought they were spying on her.

stardust21

VIP Member
I think he's coming across well at the moment - very calm and reasonable. If the book hadn't been leaked it would be more believable!
I think he is very personable. He always did so well with people he met. But the things he’s saying are so contradictory. “I don’t want to harm my brother, but here are all of these things that were deeply traumatic for both of us and I’m going to bring them back onto a global stage for my own monetary gain”.

Anyone who really thinks he has done this to tell his story is an idiot.

F1Grid

VIP Member
Dan Wootton has now said he was briefed by the Sussexes multiple times.

If Harry and Meghan claim briefing the tabloid Press is some sort of unforgivable 'crime' undertaken by Charles, Camilla, William and Kate, then they are just as guilty.

I've had enough of media figures tiptoeing around what we all know are falsehoods

How do I know? Well, I was on the receiving end of such briefings by the Sussexes' own communications team during my years covering Meghan's time in the Royal Family as I broke a series of now infamous scoops, from Tiaragate, the bitter rivalry between Kate and Meghan, and, ultimately, Megxit.

I had loads of phone conversations with staff of the Sussexes, where I was provided with their side of the story in order to balance revelations that, let's be honest about it, usually made them look bad.

For example, when I revealed the couple had hired their third nanny in just six weeks, their team explained to me the 'first nanny was a night nurse' and they didn't want to 'take any risks getting this decision right'.

Or when I told how Meghan had made the highly unusual decision to sign a big money book deal while still a working member of the Royal Family, the couple's team told me her first tome would 'absolutely not be some sort of tell-all about her life in the royal family.' Oh, how times change.

I even worked closely with Harry and Meghan's staff before revealing their controversial decision to Megxit in January 2020, giving the couple a week's notice before publication and including their official briefing expressing frustration they were 'not central to the future plan' of the monarchy following the release of an official picture of the Queen with Charles, William and George.

Well, the media, and therefore the public too, had no idea about those ructions until I first revealed Meghan and Kate had fallen out about the way the actress was said to be rudely speaking to staff at Kensington Palace in an exclusive in November 2018.

By the way, at the time courtiers working for William and Kate strongly denied the story to try and keep the peace with the Sussexes, making a mockery of Harry's claim they were negatively briefing against Meghan.
Wootton is an unappealing hack which is probably why this hasn't been picked up widely, but these are very direct accusations he's making in a paper that Harry is currently suing.

• Wow

Pinkii

VIP Member
He says the press are bad to the females in the royal family yet he is happy to throw Kate under the bus constantly, the mother of his 3 young nephews and niece.

if he truly felt that the press is so dangerous and saw what megan went through, he would never want to put someone else through it.

If we go through something truly traumatic we would never wish that on our own worse enemy let alone familh, yet he is more than happy to disregard kate and camilla’s feeling here because he is angry at his brother and daddy and knows thats the best way to get to them.

Pathetic man child.

peradetlic

VIP Member
I think Queen Mary's bandeau tiara is a lot nicer than the Spencer one but the Spencer one has so much provenance to it. I’m surprised she said no to it. According to the excerpt I read the Queen begged Meghan to use on of her own but I’m wondering if that is a translation issue? She even had her veil made to match the design of the Spencer one. Part of the story is missing here.
Can you see QE begging? I can't.

I think this story is completely fabricated and another attempt to include Diana factor. I wouldn't be surprised if the veil was designed with an assumption that Spencer tiara is hers for asking.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I would have used baby brain back in the day, I think Kate sounds really uptight with no sense of humour! I use menopause brain now!
😀
I just think it shows they are different people and perhaps Meghan isn’t terribly good at reading people. The fact she already knew that Kate wasn’t a hugger should have told her that Kate is someone who takes times to feel comfortable around new people, and not someone who goes from perfect stranger to BFF in 10 seconds flat, which is fair enough. Kate isn’t being ‘funny’ … in her position she’s probably wary about letting people in too quickly … whoever they are.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
There's an article in the DM now about William's 2 best men - the ones William didn't want to name because of media intrusion but Harry has kindly outed in his story of how he wasn't the real best man. There's a complete lack of self awareness there.

• Wow
  • Haha

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I haven’t seen the interview, but apparently he came over better than expected, and a family member who’s on holiday in NY atm, said that there’s a lot of sympathy for him and Meghan in the media over there, and a fair amount of hostility to the royal family!
I’m going to watch it later. Have the book pre ordered from the library!
I hope there is sympathy for him in America as he’ll be living there forever. He had little good will and support in the UK already and he’s absolutely burned to the ground what was left.

Jwren

VIP Member
BIB is so spot on.
I understand Harry having issues with the press particularly given the way his mother died but we have to have a press and they have to have a certain amount of freedom. If they abuse that freedom then there are ways of dealing with that - it's not always perfect but it's there. There have been serious abuses of power and Harry grew up at a time when the press and the paparazzi were particularly persistent and vile. Harry does seem to want the press to be deferential to him and only print what he wants. You could tell in the ITV interview that he wasn't happy with some of TB's questions and he wasn't afraid to let his disdain show. I don't think that he'll work with him again.

I think Harry has valid points about the press and the way it treats women in particular - I presume that's why he's mentioning Caroline Flack and also as an example of what could have happened to Meghan. I just think that he hangs all his points on Meghan not deserving any negative comment that ever came her way as if the public didn't have the right to know why a member of the RF was evicting people from their seats at Wimbledon to clear a ring around her or why a member of the RF was spending £500000 on clothes in one year or why someone who keeps talking to us about climate change takes private jets 4 times in 2 months or whatever it was. And he also seems to think that every negative article about her came from someone within the family which is just ridiculous. No interviewer ever asked him how he knew that the family were briefing against Meghan. He also doesn't seem to understand about clickbait - that they'll add Meghan's name into a stupid story about avocadoes not because they hate her but because it will get people to read it.
But Harold is no better than those he criticises, he used Caroline Flack’s name to profit from, not even considering or caring of the hurt and pain that would cause her mother/father/sister/loved ones. He also contradicted himself somewhat over the Press being racist, as Caroline Flack was not black, or mixed race but was treated as appallingly as most of the women who’ve dated/married within the royal family. And I can’t think of much worse than a topless photo circulating around the world as they did to Kate. The Press and the Paparazzi were vile to Kate and she was so young when it started. If anything it’s misogynistic.
Harold doesn’t practice what he preaches of others, he’s a hypocrite, he has no respect for others privacy not even those deceased. I can’t see him getting away with this much more before the tide turns if only a little, as I think he’s pushed way too many peoples buttons this time and of those who’ve previously had his back and it will serve him right.

Last edited:

Jwren

VIP Member
I’ve just seen a brief snippet of the Anderson Cooper interview where Harry said he arrived at Balmoral and was greeted by his Aunt who said the Queen had passed and asks ‘Do you want to see her?’.

Anderson Cooper actually asks ‘Where was she?’ 🤢🤮

Wtf answer was he expecting and why is it in the public’s interest??

Out of all of the unsavoury details that have been overshared (and there have been many) this was the worst for me.)
It seems nothing is off the table where Harold’s concerned for the right price, not even his grandmother’s passing, it’s grotesque.

• Sad
Reactions: 15

stardust21

VIP Member
He is a very eloquent speaker and lovely to listen to but he never gives a full answer to anything. He flips from one topic to another and you feel like you’re just skating over everything.
It’s not a good interview as he isn’t being pressed. It must be nice to hand pick interviewers you know will be kind to you. #itsokayforharrytobefriendswiththepress

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I think there's 3 options for Meghan's involvement with this book.
1. She's as deluded as Harry and thought the book would come across well.
2. She knew it made him look bad but didn't intervene.
3. She tried to intervene but he wouldn't listen. (Not likely imo)

None of those scenarios paint their marriage in a good light. I can see her ditching him if his public image nosedives after this. She could say she never read it but that's not believable at all. Whether intentionally or not, she's toxic for him and they're toxic together.

Last edited:

50sGirl

VIP Member
There's a fresh round of revelations in all the papers now. I actually don't know how Harry shared this account of their conversation after Philip's funeral. It's heartbreaking and it just makes me feel sorry for William. It sounds like a family trying to get through to someone in a cult or something. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20973036/william-lunged-harry-philip-funeral/
Harry says William used their secret code, the THREE words “I swear on mummy’s life.”
Erm, that’s FIVE words you complete fuckwit!

• Haha

F1Grid

VIP Member
Reconcilliation between H+M and the RF will have a ripple effect across the entire world...

Utterly, utterly deluded. Now back to blaming the fucking media.

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
He’s the one empathy challenged.
I know, the irony!

I truly believe he is so damaged that he is still emotionally that little 12 year old boy.

Oh did anyone read that he told Meghan not to pose for a photo in front of the Taj Mahal because he didn’t want people to think she was copying Diana? Apparently Meghan was “baffled” because she’d never seen the iconic photograph! 🙄
He found that endearing or wte. 🤮
(it is purely speculation that, after hearing Harry say this, Meghan went and changed out of her purple skirt and red jacket...) 😜 😆

• Haha