Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
New thread here folks.

Reactions: 1

miss_americana

Chatty Member
Theres 3 interviews on American TV and just the one on ITV in the UK.
There’s the ITV, two American pre records- one with anderson cooper and the other with Good Morning America. Then I’m sure he’s doing a live appearance on one of the late shows (but not James Corden)

jkroche95

VIP Member
I’m still confused about the wedding dress shite. It’s getting more confusing with every new article. I’m sure it will become clearer when I get the book tomorrow and read the words.

As far as I understand from what I’ve read; Catherine tried the dress on Charlotte at home, Charlotte threw a bit of a tantrum because she was 3 and that’s what toddlers do, Kate wanted the dress fixed so messaged Meghan, Meghan had already told her the tailor was waiting at the palace and she just needed to take the dress to her. The stress got to Meghan as she was dealing with issues with her father, she asked Catherine if she knew the stress she was under because of everything going on and Catherine told her she did but with four days to the wedding they needed to sort the dresses. Everything got to Meghan and she cried, Catherine cried, this made everyone else cry. Somewhere along the line Catherine wanted to throw a party for the page boys. After time for everyone to dry their eyes and blow their noses, Catherine apologised to Meghan for upsetting her and gave her some flowers. The end.

No long term harm for little Charlotte though. She was happily chatting away to Harry at the Queen’s communal ceremony at St George’s Chapel. Sounds like they’re keeping the kids out of the petty arguments for now.

OT but is that the beautiful size 10 Sarah Ingham in your pic? ;)

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
I'm not paying for it. I'm refuse to give him any of my money. I might try and get it on borrowbox though. I think sales will be higher. Everyone thought it was going to be more of the same and a repeat of Oprah and the documentary and the leaks have shown us it's way juicier.
Fair play to him in that regard, some autobiographies are really bigged up and then have very little new information in them. He has put a lot of TMI moments in his!

Muchbee

VIP Member
It can be if you are in an argument. Just imagine someone tells you your point is basically stupid because you just have baby brain and hormones….. enough husbands have slept on the sofa for less. The thing is, K apparently realised she was a bit dramatic after sleeping in it and apologised for making a fuss and even got her flowers. In return M got upset when she was told she didn’t exactly behave de-escalating either.

ADDED: can you image if someone brushed off M woe is me story in SA with, it’s probably all baby brain and hormones……
I do get that, having a bad day and someone saying that to you would make you mad. Still think it's a bit much but not knowing the context we'll probably ever know how it was said or why.

sephylily

VIP Member
He’s starting to look like William a lot to me! I never saw the resemblance before but I do now.

It shows a certain amount of arrogance to think you can come in and change something as locked down with rules and tradition as the institution of the RF. Meghan has chutzpah and would be willing to give it a go, but Harry really should have known he was on a hiding to nothing. They don’t want to change the institution to better it for the greater good, they want it to be arranged so that it gives them a world platform and due deference. To put them on an equal footing as the heir and his wife. Never going to happen. That photo with the Queen with Charles, William and George knocked him sideways - literally. He took it as a slight rather than what it was, all the immediate heirs lined up. But it hit home, he wasn’t important to the institution but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t loved.

They need to forge their own way, but after this latest set of revelations, the big hitters like the Obamas are going to give them a swerve. It would be even worse with no titles. They will always get attention and speaking gigs, and their more diehard fans will still love them, but their kudos is waning. That is why they still want a royal role, it gives them currency and kudos.

Meghan is a feminist but she got her platform by marrying someone else who got his platform by default of his birth, not because he had anything relevant or worthwhile to say. They should feel grateful that anybody is willing to listen to anything they have to say, that platform was never earned.
Great post! I think you’re spot on

thegreencow

VIP Member
I’ve read little bits online etc but not caught up with the threads since yesterday. I’m feeling a little sick and anxious over the interview about what Harry is going to say. I think part of it is sadness over how things have become. I doubt there will be any major bombshells but after the Taliban thing…

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I think because their living life in the lap of luxury is their ' normal' they don't see it as luxury, just what they should expect. So they see other people choosing their own car as some kind if luxury. Because they never have to deal with money, they don't think about how ' normals' have to look at their bank balance first. Most people cant just go to the Jaguar showroom and choose 'green' and get some flunkey to pay the insurance.
In a way, I’m a bit like that … in that I wouldn’t mind timetravelling back for a while and and living in Tudor England … with the proviso I was rich, in current favour with the crown and was able to bring with me modern ophthalmics, medicine and plumbing. So I would mind greatly.

They wouldn’t mind ‘normal’ life as an experiment if they could keep the castles, the money, the staff, the privileges … so they would mind greatly.

Spid

VIP Member
These yachting stories are nonsense. If they were true the RF would know all about it AnD have vetoed their relationship. I say this, having first hand knowledge that Pippa’s previous boyfriend (whom I worked with) was investigated and security checks run on him before they were officially an item.
Which bf?

annanuttall

VIP Member
There's an ex soldier on You Tube who was ranting on about Harry in the military. About the lies surrounding his service and how he put other soldiers lives on the line by being there. Saying Harry was a fake soldier and it was all PR. Sounds like You Tube have been trying to shut the ex soldier down after the "Sussex Squad" targeted him.

Does anyone know any of the Sussex Squad? Has the blind adoration of Harry waned over these revelations or do they love him even more?
Don't go to Celebitchy then.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think most people know the kind of dickhead Harry used to be - entitled, rude, laddish (not unlike his uncle Andrew). But this new kind of dickhead - sitting-in-his-truth, tree-hugging, singing with seals, spilling other people’s business for the highest bidder, that’s very much Meghan’s influence.
People liked that dickhead though. :ROFLMAO:

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Ah people should leave Harry alone, don't they realise how small the garden was in his 1300 sq ft Christopher Wren designed grace and favor home in Kensignton was?! They endured living there while 2 million was spent on the refurb of another house for them.
Is it as horrendously whiny as it sounded in the papers?