Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lammington

VIP Member
Armed security costing up to $8,800 per day
Sensible, given the target his Afghanistan claim has painted. One of the most sensible decisions of this press tour, as long as it's billed to private and not public funds.

Jwren

VIP Member
Harry repeated his wish to get a part-time job during another interview. The RF should release a statement with something of this kind: "We are taking notes of Harry's grievances and hope he can find peace but it is best for all parts involved that the Sussexes don't undertake any royal tasks for their own well-being." I think they should say something like this to prevent the press and the Sussexes to speculate for the next years about a come back. Harry might then complain but seriously, for any reconciliation to happen between the RF and the Sussexes, they should clear out all the elements of the "firm" in their relationship to focus on the idea of being a family.

View attachment 1871393
I would hope that offer has been well and truly shelved in the bin by the RF and will never come to fruition. It would be absolute madness and insulting to many to have him back as a working royal.
Personally I’d tell him to take his offer and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine!

Jwren

VIP Member
Does anyone think Harry is going to get his comeuppance anytime soon, or be able to get away with this kind of behaviour indefinitely?

Mark81

VIP Member
The Tower of London was used as a type of zoo for years. I think they used to keep exotic animals there that were gifted to TRF. Way before Harry's time I might add. I think the only animals there now are the ravens.
That's right and there is (or was last I went) statues of some of the animals to represent that part of the history. Think they are outside before you go in

Luxyloo

Saying April is winter not spring sounds more like my American husbands view of things. He never thinks of march as spring but I do.

Also milliuenim wheel?

mrsX

Thanks.

A bit of a non story isn't it?
Why mention the Spencer one at all when she picked something different..

Multi-21

VIP Member
The other thing I wanted Tom to ask was did Harry and William ever say they didn’t want to walk behind the coffin. He says they were told that was the decision

Boring Monday

VIP Member
She'd have to ditch the title if she ever went into politics (surely she would keep it, seeing as Fergie is still Sarah, Duchess of York). I'm not sure if Meghan would really want to give that up?

Don't you have to have megabucks to run for office in the US? She'd get a good divorce settlement, but would it be enough? I wonder if a divorce would lead to smears being thrown from both sides. It could end up being even messier than this book and put paid to any of her chances.

She needs to play this carefully. At this stage it looks like she holds all the cards in the event of divorce, but if Harry returns to the fold, you can bet the "men in grey suits" will build up a solid defence.
I would imagine that any money situation post-divorce is all sorted out and set in stone pre wedding. They might not pull together as a family terribly well at time … but they close ranks to keep the cash.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
He's suing the papers for allegedly putting listening devices into his home.... and blames the RF for it.

Someone really needs to check on him. Schizophrenia levels of paranoia.
He says the mail did it. They're live blogging this - wonder what they'll say!
He wasn't in the paper every single day during covid. The world is asking for the monarchy to comment on the British press.

hannah123

VIP Member
Hang on has Harry revealed the contents of text messages that Kate sent to Meghan?
Do they not count as private correspondence to someone other than him, so not his content to reveal? Did they not sue the Mail for printing private correspondence Meghan sent to her dad?
Such double standards!
Kate ready to sue Harry for copyright over her words😂

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I think the headlines would have been much the same next week anyway. The leak took away the impact of the stories on fighting with William and the Nazi costume though. The papers should have been full of that over the weekend and the interviews on Sunday would have made a bigger impact too. The William story would have been huge without the leak. I still think people would have been laughing at the necklace etc but there would have been articles about violence and abuse as well just to stretch the coverage out and vary the tone a bit.
I think the only way Harry can fix this now is to have a mental breakdown and check in to rehab. I wonder if that's why Meghan wanted to check in somewhere back in 2018 - it's a classic celeb pr move if things are going against them and she was getting bad press at the time.
Meghan's suicidal thoughts are another thing we haven't heard about in the book yet. The papers must be holding something back for tomorrow's headlines.
Or she's saving for her own memoirs

Onetwofour

VIP Member
Hang on has Harry revealed the contents of text messages that Kate sent to Meghan?
Do they not count as private correspondence to someone other than him, so not his content to reveal? Did they not sue the Mail for printing private correspondence Meghan sent to her dad?
Such double standards!
What was those messages? If he did he has zero limit. That would be worrying.

jkroche95

VIP Member
Was Harry a spendthrift to only have Ikea furniture and have to use Meghan's credit card to get more furniture? He is supposed to have inherited millions, how was it possible that he couldn't afford nice furniture? The cottage wasn't that big as he likes to claim, so it's not like he needed that many furniture.
havent W and K said that the childrens' rooms have ikea furniture?

mrsX

I don't think so either. She's not going to get anyone as high profile as Harry again and I think she likes having the platform he provides.
Unless she thinks shell pull a kim k.

She married up - kanye west. He went, well where he's gone. Divorce (i don't blame her to be fair).

But it elevated kim in the fashion industry etc etc

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Looking to the future, I'm not sure Harry and Meghan have done themselves any favours. Who is going to want to work with them when they throw such public tantrums when they don't get their way? If meghan does want public office, how could they be trusted with a career in politics considering all the deals and backstabbing that goes on in politics.
She'd have to ditch the title if she ever went into politics (surely she would keep it, seeing as Fergie is still Sarah, Duchess of York). I'm not sure if Meghan would really want to give that up?

Don't you have to have megabucks to run for office in the US? She'd get a good divorce settlement, but would it be enough? I wonder if a divorce would lead to smears being thrown from both sides. It could end up being even messier than this book and put paid to any of her chances.

She needs to play this carefully. At this stage it looks like she holds all the cards in the event of divorce, but if Harry returns to the fold, you can bet the "men in grey suits" will build up a solid defence.