Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bride of Lupine

Chatty Member
Sorry history geek in me can’t not comment but there was for a time a kind of zoo in the Tower of London. One of the reported ghosts there is a bear due to this fact.
Probably not intentionally killed though? I just don’t get, if he was going to reference the ToL, why go for ‘animals’ not the actual [and indeed royal] human lives taken there?

Reactions: 2

thegreencow

VIP Member
Do people think the marriage will last? I never have and still don't. Another two years tops I'd say.
Neither do I. I just want to know what will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I highly doubt the royals will accept him back into the fold but Harry will always be ok. I think Frogmore will be taken away at some point, potentially for Louise. If he was sensible for once in his life and insisted Meghan signed a pre nup then she will get nothing for him and he will have all the money he needs for the rest of his life without needing to work. No doubt he also has investments etc so some cash rolling in.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Charles Spencer is a self serving twat. He couldn't be bothered with his sister when she was alive pretended he was a naive fool over the Martin Bashir affair when he was a journalist working for CNN, publicly mocked his anorexic ex wife who he treated extremely badly and has had little to do with Willuzm or Harry, despite his pulpit pontificating. Diana's sisters may be able to get through to him though.
They were at Archie's christening when no other great aunts appear to have been invited so it would seem he is close to them.

And one of them did a reading at the wedding I think

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Instead they will now be at risk from Taliban/Islamic extremists for the rest of their lives because of his big gob. Imagine putting your children at that risk and still blaming everyone else, all because of his jealousy and greed.
They were at risk anyway as members of the British Royal Family and the fact Harry served in the British armed forces. Yes he’s fanned the flames but it wasn’t like they were safe from Muslim extremists before. To be fair, none of us are safe from that lot.

TennisTina

Ya even if he wanted to make the point that they never used the word, he could have accepted that it was understandable that people read into it that way. I mean what Meghan described is the very definition of racism. This isn't even an example of the media sensationalising and I think every ordinary person watching would have thought racism as soon as they heard that story. It's the way he's denying it that is so infuriating. It wasn't just the British media calling it racism either. It was the world media.
Really is. Reminds me of someone you're trying to get your point across to but they shut you down and don't let you speak. Gives me the rage as I really recognise it!!

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Oo Harry and Meghan must be very concerned if they’ve dragged their former mouthpiece Omid out from the woodwork to put the record straight!
He's got a new book to promote himself, by the looks of it. The monarchy's fight for survival. Wonder where he's getting his inside info from for this one 🤔

Screenshot_20230107_124537.jpg

• Haha

qwikti

Chatty Member
Because there are 2 main channels in the UK and if you get on either one of them at prime time then the rest of the media will cover it anyway. Or let's be honest he could do a 30 min interview somewhere like GBeebies and the rest of the media would regurgitate it for the week, so he doesn't really need to press junket. In the US he probably has to hit a few shows so it trickles down.
Oh fair enough, that makes sense. Sad though, they come across as quite desperate for American approval.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I'm not paying for it. I'm refuse to give him any of my money. I might try and get it on borrowbox though. I think sales will be higher. Everyone thought it was going to be more of the same and a repeat of Oprah and the documentary and the leaks have shown us it's way juicier.
Do Charity Shops still have a book rail? I’ve had a number of biographies I didn’t want to buy formally from there. The Princess Diana one was hilarious - it had obviously been through at least 3 people’s hands before mine and the margin notes and fighting was hilarious.

• Haha

Boring Monday

VIP Member
It’s a vicious circle isn’t it? It’s not just one person to blame. It’s all of them. They’re a very dysfunctional family.

I think I’ll do a departure announcement, & I’ll leave by the back door 😂 I thought I was on an unbiased chat about The Royals but I think I’ve entered the H&M chats by mistake! 🤦🏽‍♀️😂
Well, it is the biggest thing out there at the minute 😀

I think it’s a messy combination of them as the institution and them as a family with a sprinkling of media meddling.
they are moulded by their position … they cant not be.

xvictoriax

Chatty Member
Boohoo, has he also ever worried that he can’t afford to turn his heating on that day? Or had to stretch the food in his fridge over more meals than it’s worth? Or even queued in a doctors waiting room? If he wants to complain about not doing normal people things he could try realising how lucky he’s been to not have to do those things.

But, who was paying for all his drinks on nights out and when he would go on dates if he wasn’t allowed money?
Starting to think the Harry portrayal in The Windsors programme was actually a very true to life portrayal.

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
always think with these things why only 300k for these things? Better off not saying an amount.
Plus the £1.5 million for Sentebale. I mean, he'll make much more from the book, considering bookshops are opening early to deal with the rush, but still. He's giving nearly £2 million to charity.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I feel like coming for Camilla will buy quick support, but not lasting support.

For starters, let's just think about what the royal family's main support base - the older and more conservative - would think of their King and his long-term domestic partner, sans wedding rings.
It also undermines any attempt at claiming feminism or even just not misogyny - apparently the one at fault for his parent's bad marriage wasn't either of the parties in it, for cheating, no no no. Nor was it his grandparents for forcing Charles's hand to marry the young pretty woman who would make a good princess but the wrong wife, no. It was obviously and solely the other woman. That rhetoric doesn't tend to stick well with younger or more liberal folks, who would be more supportive of his claim that Charles, even as King, could have Camilla as his partner but not his wife.
We all know there was a concerted effort to make Camilla more user friendly, they made no bones about it … it was even called something subtle like Operation Rehabilitate Camilla … and I might be misremembering or even dreamt it, but there is a bell ringing at the back of my mind that she even used to have weekly lunches with a reporter? But that is going back to the very early days before they married and was a good decade or more before he even met Meghan.

Bride of Lupine

Chatty Member
I can see why people would be attracted in the first place. He isn’t ugly, has a cute smile and I imagine he’s quite funny on first meeting which always goes a long way with women. What I can’t understand is how anyone could put up with it beyond a few dates and his true self comes out.
Oh god no. He’s WORSE when he smiles. Such weird teeth. Looks just like Wallace & Gromit.

• Haha

Jwren

VIP Member
But most auto/biographies include stories about people at are deceased 🤷‍♀️ … and in this case it wasn’t like he was saying anything new or that wasn’t out there anyway.
Maybe you’d be okay with someone raking up stories about your deceased children/loved ones, personally I’d find it very painful but each to their own.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Bertie was a 'difficult' child and it's highly probable he had ADHD and dyslexia. His big sister Vicky was a much better student than him and I think this caused the troubled relationship.
When he was having an affair with an actress, Prince Albert went to reprimand him and he died shortly after. Victoria thought that this incident caused the death of her husband and we all know she went a little crazy mourning him!
And the way Kaiser Wilhelm II was treat as a child...... Didn't he contribute to the start of the First World War?
"Queen Victoria had always doted on Wilhelm, her eldest grandchild, but she was exasperated by his arrogance and high-handed behaviour towards his English relations, in particular towards her eldest son and heir, his 'Uncle Bertie' (later King Edward VII)."
"During the July 1914 crisis Wilhelm’s rash assurance of unlimited support to Austria-Hungary was a significant contribution to the outbreak of war. He proved indecisive and ineffective as a war leader and increasingly strategic and political power fell to the German High Command. By late 1918 Wilhelm's presence proved an obstacle to peace negotiations and, forced to abdicate on 9 November 1918, he was bundled off to neutral Holland, where he remained until his death in 1941."
"Experts have claimed that Kaiser Wilhelm Il's "incestuous obsession" with his mother, Queen Victoria's eldest daughter, was behind his hatred of Britain.

British historian John Rohl asserted that Wilhelm had a crush on his mother and wanted to gain her love after a tormented childhood, the Independent reported.

Rohl, professor of history at Sussex University, explained that Wilhelm had suffered a permanently paralyzed arm as a result of nerve damage while an English doctor was delivering him.

Meanwhile Dr Brett Kahr, a psychologist and trustee of the Freud Museum, said that Wilhelm started writing letters to his mother and devoted his sexual energies to her and in particular to her very beautiful hands."

A cycle which goes on and on with their superior power mad deluded behaviour...

House of Tea

VIP Member
Harry repeated his wish to get a part-time job during another interview. The RF should release a statement with something of this kind: "We are taking notes of Harry's grievances and hope he can find peace but it is best for all parts involved that the Sussexes don't undertake any royal tasks for their own well-being." I think they should say something like this to prevent the press and the Sussexes to speculate for the next years about a come back. Harry might then complain but seriously, for any reconciliation to happen between the RF and the Sussexes, they should clear out all the elements of the "firm" in their relationship to focus on the idea of being a family.

View attachment 1871393
If this is true any remaining respect for the monarchy will trickle away after this hoo ha. Don’t want him representing anything. Snivelling oik.