Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
Ah people should leave Harry alone, don't they realise how small the garden was in his 1300 sq ft Christopher Wren designed grace and favor home in Kensignton was?! They endured living there while 2 million was spent on the refurb of another house for them. 0.01% of people in central London had a bigger garden than that!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

hannah123

VIP Member
As much as some parts of Harry's book are cringeworthy , so is sudden sympathy for talibans.;):cool:
It’s not sympathy for the Taliban, it’s recognising the majority of them aren’t soulless monsters that we should take pleasure in taking out. They’re young men that have maybe watched their whole family be raped and murdered and now need to find a means for survival, or boys that became the family provider and need to find a way to feed their mum and sisters. If they had any other option they wouldn’t be part of it.

Reactions: 20

thegirlscout

VIP Member
View attachment 1866879View attachment 1866880View attachment 1866882First three pages of the book posted by an influencer who’s follower got the book today….
If this was a fiction book I would be mighty disappointed to find out the reason he and his family ‘fled…running like hell’ was because his big brother had a bigger room, badgered him to shave his beard, had certain privileges because he was THE HEIR OF THE FLIPPIN COUNTRY and they hadn’t fled because of normal things like war, famine, aliens, the French.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Jwren

VIP Member
Is there anyone here planning to buy the book, I'm not.
Nope, instead I’m off to buy a multicoloured Bic pen as I only had a lump of coal as a child, I’ve clearly been missing out. 🎻

Last edited:
  • Haha

Curly Top

VIP Member
Doesn’t he realise his own sainted mother spent hours leaking to the press? She was the Queen of leaks not hearts.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
It’s quite a privilege view to have that the biggest problem in Britain is the press. Someone I know couldn’t visit a relative in hospital because they didn’t have enough chairs…

• Sad
  • Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I don't think the monarch has to be more popular. The Queen wasn't always as popular as she was in recent years. Charles is never going to be as popular as William but the monarchy will survive fine with him in charge. It's more like the monarchy needs a cast of characters like a soap - the dutiful one, the pretty one, the fun one, the sporty one etc.
I'm inclined to believe the stuff about Charles and Camilla leaking against both couples. Didn't Charles complain about never seeing the grandkids. A shitty thing to do.
I'm not sure if I think W&K briefed against Harry and Meghan. I do think there is something unlikeable about Meghan and a lot of the bad press was her own doing. She comes across as insincere and fake and she wasn't long married when there was that incident at Wimbledon so I can well believe that she was difficult behind the scenes too. They also had a big turnover of staff and that doesn't happen for no reason.
I don't think Harry and Meghan could ever have stayed in the RF because they couldn't accept the hierarchy and that's fair enough but they could have left on better terms with the family.

On the topic of their leaving - I wish he'd stop saying they fled the country. It's so melodramatic.

hannah123

VIP Member
I think Kate has turned herself inside out to become what the Royal Family want (which means she probably is uptight and quite controlled) and couldn't quite understand someone who turned up and refused to accept any of the conventions and rules of the family. But if you want to marry into an institution like the Royal Family, you do have to do what Kate does, otherwise you need to leave, not try and change them, because the whole thing needs to be overhauled in such a fundamental way that it will never happen. Any change will happen only at the will of the one at the top, and even then, at a snails pace. Not someone who isnt anywhere near the line of succession and his new wife.
Do you think that’s just a royal family thing though? Every family has a hierarchy, a way of doing things and a balance of personalities, so I think if someone came in and started telling any family the things they do are wrong, making inappropriate comments and doing things out of the norm of the family, most people would raise some eyebrows. It seems similar to the story of her meeting Harry’s friends for the first time when she called out or questioned every joke or comment they made and they left feeling bewildered.

• Heart

Jwren

VIP Member
No I don't think they are higher up the ranks William was the heir and Harry was always the spare but Ido think they could've been more popular than Will and Kate. The Jamaican tour was awful William looked like he had a poker up his backside throughout. They just didn't relate to the people Meghan would have been more suitable because she can relate to black folk as she has a black Mother and Harry used to appear more of a people person than the more reserved William.
Have you forgotten how Meghan insulted people in South Africa saying in her podcast ….going there was the bravest thing she has done 😳 She’s also managed to insult Mandela‘s family …..And let’s not forget when she stood there and said ‘not many people have asked me if I’m okay’, in SA of all places. 😶
Meghan like Harold is another one with delusions of grandeur thinking she’s better than everyone else and she’s also a loose canon with her gob and uses the race card when it suits her narcissistic needs. If that along with putting notes on bananas is seen as relating to people it’s really no wonder this world is in such a goddamn mess.

Last edited:
  • Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
I haven’t seen the interview, but apparently he came over better than expected, and a family member who’s on holiday in NY atm, said that there’s a lot of sympathy for him and Meghan in the media over there, and a fair amount of hostility to the royal family!
I’m going to watch it later. Have the book pre ordered from the library!
It’s easy to get sympathy when you spend most of the time speaking about your villainous stepmother who you know Americans already don’t like, and don’t have an interviewer asking any semblance of a challenging question. There’s a reason he goes after Camilla more in America than here.

F1Grid

VIP Member
Wasn’t the Queen alive when this was due to be published originally? Wasn’t he embarrassed of his gran reading about him losing his virginity in a field, his frozen penis and singing to seals.
He didn't give a shit about his Gran. If he did, he'd have at least waited to sign these deals until she died. She was 96 when she died, she wasn't long for this world anyway.

• Sick

Anna2020

VIP Member
The matron I dealt with the most was Pat. Unlike the other matrons, Pat wasn’t hot. Pat was cold. Pat was small, mousy, frazzled, and her hair fell greasily into her always tired eyes. Pat didn’t seem to get much joy out of life, though she did find two things reliably satisfying—catching a boy somewhere he wasn’t supposed to be, and shutting down any bouts of roughhousing. Before every pillow fight we’d put a sentry on the door. If Pat (or the headmasters) approached, the sentry was instructed to cry: KV! KV! Latin, I think? Someone said it meant: The head’s coming! Someone else said it meant: Beware! Whichever, when you heard it you knew to get out of there. Or pretend to be asleep. Only the newest and stupidest boys would go to Pat with a problem. Or, worse, a cut. She wouldn’t bandage it: she’d poke it with a finger or squirt something into it that hurt twice as much. She wasn’t a sadist, she just seemed “empathy-challenged.” Odd, because she knew about suffering. Pat had many crosses to bear. The biggest seemed her knees and spine. The latter was crooked, the former chronically stiff. Walking was hard, stairs were torture. She’d descend backwards, glacially. Often we’d stand on the landing below her, doing antic dances, making faces. Do I need to say which boy did this with the most enthusiasm? We never worried about Pat catching us. She was a tortoise and we were tree frogs. Still, now and then the tortoise would luck out. She’d lunge, grab a fistful of boy. Aha! That lad would then be well and truly fucked. Didn’t stop us. We went on mocking her as she came down the stairs. The reward was worth the risk. For me, the reward wasn’t tormenting poor Pat, but making my mates laugh. It felt so good to make others laugh, especially when I hadn’t laughed for months.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick

Stiltoncheese

Chatty Member
I feel for William. He witnessed his mother's paranoia first hand and she often used him as a confidante when he was younger before she died.

He is now witnessing something similar in his brother. Poor guy must feel desperate but helpless yet as he's on the world's biggest stage, he can't really do anything about it openly.

No wonder he reacted how he did, which makes it even shittier that not only cnat Harry see it, he has talked about it and twisted it in book for his own narrative.

Just can't see how he comes back from this with William

Reactions: 18

Jwren

VIP Member
with the hugging thing i see both sides. i don't love being hugged by people i don't know but i still do it to be polite but i also go all stiff and awful when people who i don't know well are hugging me.

i do think it would have been more polite for kate to hug meghan especially as she's going to be her sister in law!
But we don’t know how true any of this is, I just think it’s so uncalled for. Can you imagine if you were Kate and Meghan stated to the world you went all stiff and awful when you hugged her, even though you did it as you saw it as the polite thing to do. Why on earth would anyone be so cruel, other than to cause hurt to that person. These attacks on Kate just make Meghan look incredibly jealous of her, it’s certainly not showing her in a good light.
You can bet that H&M couldn’t take any of this being done back to them, especially so publicly, their every move scrutinised, their private conversations aired and mocked in public it must be soul destroying. In a way that’s what needs to happen to them big time, so they can see how it feels, otherwise I can’t see them ever stopping. As it is I think they will forever play the victims when they are anything but.

Last edited:

Mark81

VIP Member
He' s been seeing a woo woo 'energy healer' therapist who claims he can cure breast cancer, of course he's not taking accountability for anything or learning how to process things. Responsibility for one's own actions is beyond his ability.
I'm beginning to think William may have had a point about brainwashing. Harry seems completely fixated and almost paranoid on some subjects, although he is talking well he has a slightly haunted/numb look about him.

• Heart

Mark81

VIP Member
The headlines are obviously twisting stuff (although even in context it'd still bad/cringe) to some degree.

Notice at this under the William lunging headline which suggests it wasn't all against Harry

'William is said to have then used a secret code phrase about Princess Diana (pictured with her sons in inset, right) and embraced Harry in a hug, telling him: 'I love you' and 'I just want you to be happy.'

It sounds like Williams anger is coming from a point of exasperation, love, care and anger. Can't be doing his mental health all that good either, Harry isn't the only one to have had mental health issues (although clearly his is worse).

The original concern about Harry's rush to marriage to me is valid too. They really hadn't known eachother long, especially taking into account the long distance nature.

Just sounds like faults on both side and the truth is somewhere in the middle

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
The headlines are obviously twisting stuff (although even in context it'd still bad/cringe) to some degree.

Notice at this under the William lunging headline which suggests it wasn't all against Harry

'William is said to have then used a secret code phrase about Princess Diana (pictured with her sons in inset, right) and embraced Harry in a hug, telling him: 'I love you' and 'I just want you to be happy.'

It sounds like Williams anger is coming from a point of exasperation, love, care and anger. Can't be doing his mental health all that good either, Harry isn't the only one to have had mental health issues (although clearly his is worse).

The original concern about Harry's rush to marriage to me is valid too. They really hadn't known eachother long, especially taking into account the long distance nature.

Just sounds like faults on both side and the truth is somewhere in the middle

I 100% agree. Everything I read about William points towards exasperation and desperation trying to get through to Harry.

The poster who said it's like William is trying to get through to a cult member was spot on.

• Heart

F1Grid

VIP Member
"There's a way out of it..." and is that giving in to you and saying you're right and have never done anything wrong in your life Harry, by chance?

He's an utter narcissist. He'll be fuming that people think he's a dick, and the Palace's silence will drive him mad.

• Heart

F1Grid

VIP Member
Anyone else getting conspiracist vibes from Harry as he talks about the outcome of the inquest?

• Heart