Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Harry told Bradby: 'I want reconciliation, but first there needs to be some accountability. You can't just continue to say to me that I'm delusional and paranoid when all the evidence is stacked up, because I was genuinely terrified about what's gonna happen to me.'

What's he talking about? What was going to happen to him? He's also let slip that the RF think he's delusional and paranoid.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

F1Grid

VIP Member
Harry deflecting understandable media interest in him doing coke onto 'MEAN MEDIA AND ROYALS'. Christ.

'Nothing I've done in this book is to hurt them' he says, after calling William's hair loss alarming, mentioning he's circumcised, blaming him for the nazi outfit, accusing him of assault...

50sGirl

VIP Member
Why is this still so hard to understand for people? They want to tell people on their terms, and for money, rather than when royal protocols dictate.
Perhaps the woman who took his virginity, Courtney Cox, William’s best friends, etc would have preferred him not to have told their stories on his terms for money. Why is it ok for him to divulge stories about others but not the other way?

• Heart

F1Grid

VIP Member
Perhaps the woman who took his virginity, Courtney Cox, William’s best friends, etc would have preferred him not to have told their stories on his terms for money. Why is it ok for him to divulge stories but not the other way?
Or William who would have liked the status of his foreskin kept private...

• Haha

Em_gardener

VIP Member
I just saw someone on Twitter say he's a few beads short of a necklace and it's my favourite reaction so far!

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
Unless she thinks shell pull a kim k.

She married up - kanye west. He went, well where he's gone. Divorce (i don't blame her to be fair).

But it elevated kim in the fashion industry etc etc
Should we expect Meghan and Pete Davidson at the 2024 Met Gala?

• Haha

NomDePlume

VIP Member
After a somewhat purple-prosed confession of how he used to fancy some of the younger matrons at the prep school, he recounts how he used to take great satisfaction out of tormenting another, Pat.

He explains how Pat did not ‘make us horny’ on account of being short and unattractive, ‘not much of a thing, always with a tired face and greasy hair’.

She had a deviated spine and her knees were so stiff she had to descend the stairs backwards.

You might have thought, given Harry’s self-declared sensitivity, that this difficulty would elicit some sympathy from him.

Far from it. Instead, he stands at the bottom of the stairs and does ‘mocking little dances’ and ‘makes faces’ at her discomfort.

It was bad enough to do it at the time without describing it in his book now. I bet he's used her real name and all.
This explains why he sees nothing wrong with his wife' bullying of people. He too, takes pleasure in humiliating others.

It appears to be the purpose of his entire book. To inflict as much hurt and humiliation as possible, on others, to elevate himself and the wife. To tell their "truth", yet again.

He humiliated this poor woman to show off in front of school mates, but is still bragging about it at almost 40.

• Sad
  • Sick

DarnIt

VIP Member
Regarding Charlotte and Louis and the RF needing to be careful with them…( sorry I can’t find the poster who said about them now).

I think there is a huge difference with their upbringings. Everything I’ve read from Harry’s book suggests that William can see that Harry is absolutely fucked and needs help. I think he learns from past mistakes and that he will be doing everything he can to make sure it doesn’t happen to his kids.

I also think the Middleton’s will be making a huge difference. William is supposed to have said that he absolutely loves spending time with the Middletons because it’s completely removed from royal life and just what he thinks a normal family is and should be.

I think Carol spenda lot of time with the 3 kids, taking them to the beach etc. Although they obviously understand the RF they do not have the same pressure that the RF do, nor that Diana’s family did as aristocracy in the 80’s when people cared about it a bit more.

They also brought up 3 kids who seem to get on well and support each other. They’ve never ever said a word about anyone or anything. I think that the family support network of them will probably make a huge difference.

I’m not saying the Middletons are angels or anything, just that I think it will make a huge difference to the way those 3 children are brought up and how they see themselves.

Yeah it does make his “I just want my father and brother back” seem laughable doesn’t it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if William never speaks to him ever again. I read on the DM this morning William had already demanded Harry be cut from any ceremonial role at the coronation.
The Middletons have a lot to answer for…thank goodness.

Obviously MichaelM comes from some considerable privilege - generations of minor aristos, landed gentry & professionals - whereas Carole came from a more ordinary background. Considering that Carole school at 16yo, returned later for A levels, workEd as a flight attendant, before setting up Party Pieces (?), she obviously is smart, determined & hard working. They have brought up three children who have had many advantages (funded by Middleton trust funds) & most of of a stable uncomplicated family life. A similar situation with Sophie Wessex’s family.

The Middletons are possibly one of the best things to happen to the current RF.
They offer the PoW children each a form of everyday childhood where they are just kids.

F1Grid

VIP Member
It makes sense, really. Both Andrew and Harry have been reported as the Queen's favourites, which in itself can lead to some messiness of entitlement.

I think the concept has always been that the heir to the throne should learn to be responsible, learn proper decorum, and generally be prepared to be the ceremonial head of state.
The next down the chain has the benefit of freedom - they have all the privilege, money, and opportunities, but are held to a lower standard of behaviour, and their excesses are excused. Instead of keeping their worst behaviours hidden (as the heir is expected to generally manage) they can be a little wilder in the public eye.

Unfortunately, that freedom is hard to see as yet another privilege when your intellect is set by generations of inbreeding, and when you've got neither the empathy nor the experience to recognise how much better you have it than almost everyone else.
It seems like the monarchs often have more difficulty connecting with the heir than the spare.

Heirs are essentially waiting for them to die, so then they can inherit the throne. The monarch is acutely aware of this, having done the same with their own parent. That must hit them. The heir grows relatively more independent as a result, and the press officers are far more interested in grooming them into a polished product so they tend to be more suited to the role.

Spares are sympathetic characters to the monarch, and as well they're a child who is not waiting for them to die so there isn't that same cloud over their relationship. They're indulged, leaving them immature and childish, and this continues as long as that monarch lives. They resent the heir, because the public perception of them isn't in line with the favouritism they get within the RF. Once their sibling ascends the throne, that means the parent is dead, and the sibling likely has children by this point making them utterly irrelevant as they're below their nieces and nephews in line. They aren't allowed to get paying jobs while working as a royal, and are then dependent on how much their sibling is willing to give them as their part of the soverign grant, and they're unlikely to be happy no matter what that figure is.

Queen Victoria wrote that one of her spares, Arthur, was “dear, dearer than any of the others put together". She had a horrendous relationship with Edward who'd go on to be king.

King George V was particularly harsh towards Edward, his heir. He was less harsh to George VI, who was his spare.

King George VI actually flat out called QE his pride, but Margaret his joy.

And then Andrew, and now Harry. They need to ensure Charlotte and Louis don't go the same way - whether that's telling them early on not to expect to be sustained as working as a royal for life and allowing them half in half out so they can earn their own money, or simply not having spares from this point on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Yel

Chatty Member
The whole context of the Afghanistan story has been said numerous times. Someone read it out on lbc the other day.

Also there's a big difference taking about the war in Afghanistan back in 2013 while it was still active, Vs now when it's been lost and people involved are being hunted after a humiliating withdrawal.

Twitter is full of idiots. If you say that all taliban fighters shouldn't be treated as subhuman vermin then apparently you're now aligning with the Taliban. The Afghanistan situation is incredibly complex.

Last edited:
  • Heart

mrsX

I'm over it now.
The constant whinging.

The entitlement
Daddy cut me off!!
We were living in a 2 bedroom!

Oh fuck off. Open up a newspaper. Have a look around. There is a living cost crisis in alot of places.

Be fucking useful or fuck off.

hannah123

VIP Member
1673191777942.jpeg

What William said: I’ll come for dinner but my wife gave birth a couple of weeks ago and I don’t want to spend the night away from my new born son so soon.

What Harry heard: I’m not staying the night because I’m so jealous of your friend Charlie and I wish I was your best man.

Harry projecting how he sees the world on to others rational and normal approaches to life. I think he’s lucky William even agreed to dinner, a lot of new parents wouldn’t even do that. I did always find it strange that the wedding was arranged to be so close to Kate’s due date, what if she’d gone overdue and gave birth on the wedding day?

coconochanel

VIP Member
Gosh he is an absolute BORE! moaning about EVERY LITTLE THING! but cant tell the truth about Wedding dress gate and racist comments. I think it's clear to anyone with sound mind that when William said 'on our mothers lives' it was a desperate attempt to make Harry see that he loves him etc but Harry who is paranoid cant see it! I also think Meghan is feeding his paranoia.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I really don’t get his thinking. I can see how he is deluded enough to believe that now ALL is out in the open, their could he a reconciliation with him levelling the playing field. Or maybe they have realised money is running out fast. I also get strategically being more critical in the US where he won’t get as much backlash. But it won’t matter at all if the USA would love to see him as glorious winner in this fight. The monarchy only needs the UK on its side and I think people that do care about the monarchy in the UK, one way or the other, don’t have big sympathies for him. The RF sits at the longer lever.
What’s crazy is that he is contradicting himself left and right. Fighting against media misinformation but doesn’t feel the need to clear up when they twist his words. Complains about leaking stuff to make others look bad, goes even further with being downright insulting or revealing private details about others not even shying away about the sphere of intimacy.
I can imagine the RF just waits for tomorrow. When the book is out and there is no need to promote it anymore. I agree thatcher should just wish Kate a Happy Birthday and leave it at that. No comment needed really. The ball is in their court. But they are wise not to pick it up.
I think it all just boils down to the fact that he is singularly unable to see anything from any other point of view than his own. When people point out that there are other ways to interpret what he has said and done, it comes completely out the blue.

Sea

VIP Member
Harry says William used their secret code, the THREE words “I swear on mummy’s life.”
Erm, that’s FIVE words you complete fuckwit!
It's a disgusting betrayal that he has shared their "secret" code. A code they would have agreed to only used in desperation, and to show each other its a sincerely felt plea.

For H to stoop so low, to share it is an ultimate betrayal. he's an ugly, vitriolic person

• Heart
  • Sad

jackolantern

VIP Member
I don’t understand why spares go so nutty. Perks without as much pressure. I wouldn’t want to be William for all the money in the world. Least Harry had a chance at some kind of normalcy.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Wasn’t the Queen alive when this was due to be published originally? Wasn’t he embarrassed of his gran reading about him losing his virginity in a field, his frozen penis and singing to seals.

• Haha

Jwren

VIP Member
If you‘ve ever had the misfortune of knowing a narcissist you can spot one a mile off and Harold is playing a blinder, nothing is his fault, he and Meghan are completely innocent and the victim in all this. He’s not fooling me, I see him for the jealous, cold hearted, calculated, money grabbing lowlife he is.
You only have to look at all he has done whilst both his grandparents were terminally ill to know he cares about no one but himself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

jkroche95

VIP Member
Carry on here folks ... can't be doing a recap because that would take up the next 52 pages :ROFLMAO:

I always thought the Royals gave each other crap presents at Christmas. Maybe it's a bit much to give a kid a biro but Harry needs to let go of some things. Any wonder he's the way he is when he can't let go of anything.
But surely she read his book. Why didn't she say something? I thought she came across better than him in the Oprah interview and he came across like a spoilt brat but she can only help him so much with an interview. He still has to sit there and answer the questions. But with a book you have months to edit and refine what you're saying so that you come across well. The ghost writer and editor had no vested interest in Harry coming across well but why did Meghan not intervene?
if she ever divorces him and wants custody of the kids then this book is her evidence, he's admitted to drug use and talking to the dead

a bit rich of meghan to dismiss Kate's ideas or actions as baby brain when she just made a whole series of podcasts discussing the negative labels that women receive.

Last edited: