Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

hannah123

VIP Member
It's when Meghan arrives on the scene that his story gets all jumbled up and confused. I could follow what he was saying in the first half and he was convincing and coherent but not in the second.
Yes I thought there were a few bits in the first half that still made him sound like a self righteous prat and slightly paranoid, but in general he was making sense and it was just quite sad. The second half his arsehole personality really came out, smirking at questions, trying to catch Tom out when he was just simply asking questions that most people would have.

The interview was basically just really sad to start, then I think he’ll have lost people in the middle because it was complaints about trivial stupid sibling arguments or sister in laws not being besties which really isn’t the end of the world. Then the end was self serving about how he’s taking on the great mantle of bringing down the British press. Tom said it, he’s never going to win, this life long work will not be fulfilled but he’s also not getting his family back. He needs to move on from both really.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I hope the royal family make a statement tomo - wishing Catherine a happy birthday and nothing more.

• Haha
  • Heart

sephylily

VIP Member
He is a very eloquent speaker and lovely to listen to but he never gives a full answer to anything. He flips from one topic to another and you feel like you’re just skating over everything.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a bitch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
I dint think it's particularly offensive amongst friends, but Kate and Meghan were not friends, it's clear they were never going to be. That was a silly thing to say to someone who was keeping you at arms length anyway, who she didn't really know and who had just given birth.

F1Grid

VIP Member
Overall, Harry is an embarrassing, toxic, bitter, narcissistic little manchild, completely unable to take any accountability for his actions. He wants to have his cake (slag off his family) and eat it (not be seen as being mean about them, be seen as the victim).

Not quite on the level of Andrews interview, but pretty fucking poor.

• Heart

Jwren

VIP Member
How can I put this carefully, but you wouldn’t imagine Caroline Flack would have found Harry attractive if it wasn’t for his title. I am not sure the romance was at all serious on her part.
I don’t think many women would find Harold attractive if it weren’t for his title, Meghan certainly wouldn’t have looked twice at him had he not been Prince Harry. I can’t imagine much worse than living with Harold 24/7, although I think H&M deserve each other but as others have said she won’t stay with him, she will take him for every penny he’s got and then he’ll have lost everything and deservedly so.

BlinkyBill

VIP Member
It's quoted in Sarah vines article in the DM. Obviously we need to read the book version but the part about her being not much of a thing with a tired face and greasy hair is in speech marks so it must be a direct quote.

Like I could get over him acting like a shit in school but why did he put it in his book over 20 years later. That poor woman or her family could read it. I wouldn't put it past the DM to track her down.

I don't normally like Sarah Vine but this article is good. Here's another quote: What’s certain is there has clearly been no proper editing of this book by a publisher with the author’s interests in mind, just a ruthless extraction of the most harmful and sensationalist recollections. Nobody appears to have gone through it with him and discussed the consequences of his revelations – something that any half-decent editor would have done.

Their objective seems to be to make as much money out of Harry as possible.
Apart from those RF members he is relishing giving a thrashing to, he also has no empathy or consideration for the more everyday people he mentions in his book, going about their usual lives, then getting thrust into limelight - what about their mental health???

thegreencow

VIP Member
They dug themselves into a hole with that skin colour comment and now he’s trying to get out of it.

I don’t believe Harry is happy. If he were happy he wouldn’t be digging all this shit up. William and Harry both said they’d never do interviews about Diana again in 2017 and yet here we are.

• Heart

Em_gardener

VIP Member
Harry really didn't like the bit where Bradby tried to put William's point across.
No there were a couple of moments where Bradby challenged him and he really showed his spoilt, petulant side. He really thinks he's better than everyone. It'll be interesting to compare to the American interview. I think he's still playing for half in half out. He wants to stay in America but also possibly represent the commonwealth if Charles wants and he's also available to teach them about their unconscious bias too.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The baby brain comment reminds me of whrn men snidely say we’re on our periods if we’re being emotional or rightly upset. It’s invalidating.
I think the context is missing isn't it. So for some people saying it's not offensive. It's probably not if you say it about yourself or with good friends. It is offensive when it's someone you don't know so well or at work.
My boss said it to a pregnant lady once at work -"it's just your hormones making you feel this way" and he was reported to HR about it.

If they had an argument about something and halfway through Megan said don't worry its just your hormones. I can see why Kate would be upset.

• Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
If I were William, one of the things that would concern me most is that Meghan was alone with Diana’s grave. I could honestly see her taking a sneaky photo of it.
I’m surprised Harry took her there before they were even engaged.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I think the baby brain comment is akin to a man saying "are you on your period" to explain a woman being annoyed. Very offensive.
Harry was saying last night in order for him and Meghan to acknowledge they own wrongs they had been begging the RF to tell them what they did wrong but he never received any response. Well William and Kate clearly told them the baby brain comment was wrong but Meghan was just upset William pointed at her.

F1Grid

VIP Member
"The argument about the beard is one of the most puzzling in the book" I mean, the cock discussion is probably worse Tom...

• Haha

Multi-21

VIP Member
I'm so tired of the who really cried drama? Even if we saw CCTV footage of one of them bawling their eyes out it wouldn't tell us anything about the argument. Just because you're crying doesn't mean you're the one in the right.
Indeed. Harry says Meghan was going through a lot with her dad at that stage as well which is why the messages back to Kate were a bit abrupt so if she did cry maybe it was the straw that broke the camel’s back, in isolation Kate didn’t make her cry, it was the stress of everything.
Much like if Kate cried it was because she had just given birth, her daughter cried and it was all a bit stressful as opposed to Meghan

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It’s really bad. Because no matter the context in the book, H will now forever be the Stallion with frostbite on his circumcised 🍆 that is resentful of having the smaller bedroom and serenades with seals. Just like Charles will forever fondly be remembered as the King that wanted to be a tampon - it doesn’t matter that’s not what was really said. What matters is that that’s the thing everyone remembers first.
The damage is done. Most people won't bother reading the book and people remember the headlines. The context of how these things were said is irrelevant now.

Sibz

VIP Member
I can't believe they're rowing back on the racist royal. It was the biggest take away from Oprah. Why didn't he say at the time that that wasn't what he meant when the whole world was calling the RF racist and speculating on who it could be.
Yet earlier he was complaining that the royal family didn't put out a statement correcting the story about Meghan making Kate cry. He's such a hypocrite, wish Tom had called him out on that.