The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course, but isn't it also a matter of someone having the best of intentions and the other person getting offended for offended's sake, as people love to do these days, and reporting it to your boss? Even if you do have the best of intentions, it's a constant case of walking on eggshells. Not everyone has the means to go on discrimination awareness courses. It doesn't help that the rules on which terms are acceptable keep changing too.
I don’t know, I feel like if you’re in a role where you’re meeting lots of people on a regular basis, common courtesy should be to be polite. I’ve not had anyone complain about my conduct at work because I keep up to date, not unfair to ask someone in a public facing role to.

Reactions: 11
I don’t know, I feel like if you’re in a role where you’re meeting lots of people on a regular basis, common courtesy should be to be polite. I’ve not had anyone complain about my conduct at work because I keep up to date, not unfair to ask someone in a public facing role to.
I do think it seems to have been spun and whatabouteried and whatifferied beyond what it actually was.

This is a person whose job for 60 odd years has been to meet and greet guests of the Royal Family and put them at their ease … most people going to a Buck House reception are going to more than likely be a tad on the nervous side. The LiW are skilled in the art inconsequential chit chat and reading conversational cues to put people at ease … not refusing to hear what was being said and going at it like a dog with a bone until they got the answer they thought they wanted and making the guest feel anything but at ease. That was really, to me, where she went wrong whatever the subject matter.

Reactions: 15
I do think it seems to have been spun and whatabouteried and whatifferied beyond what it actually was.

This is a person whose job for 60 odd years has been to meet and greet guests of the Royal Family and put them at their ease … most people going to a Buck House reception are going to more than likely be a tad on the nervous side. The LiW are skilled in the art inconsequential chit chat and reading conversational cues to put people at ease … not refusing to hear what was being said and going at it like a dog with a bone until they got the answer they thought they wanted and making the guest feel anything but at ease. That was really, to me, where she went wrong whatever the subject matter.
According to NF's transcript, but in reality she might have just asked a couple of questions. We only heard one side.

It just seems odd, why would a Royal aide suddenly "misbehave" after decades of service next to TQ and just before MM drops her Netflix trailer and the Wales' start their tour and out of coincidence when she spoke to someone who already accused the BRF of being racist.

So many coincidences.....

• Heart
Reactions: 10
According to NF's transcript, but in reality she might have just asked a couple of questions. We only heard one side.

It just seems odd, why would a Royal aide suddenly "misbehave" after decades of service next to TQ and just before MM drops her Netflix trailer and the Wales' start their tour and out of coincidence when she spoke to someone who already accused the BRF of being racist.

So many coincidences.....
Or she's always been rude but no one said anything.Or now QEII has gone, she felt she could let loose as she doesn't respect Camilla as much? No one knows. It could he anything. She has asked to apologise in person. She isn't saying she didn't say what she said. Either way, LSH will just retire quietly and her friends will jotvthink any less of her, and Ngosi will be dragged through the mud and have her career destroyed, for the crime of being quite annoying, being maybe oversensitive about racism and gor being anti Monarchy and pro Meghan.

Reactions: 12
Nobody has still managed to explain to me how exactly the meeting, in a crowded reception, with people circulating who didn’t know each other from Adam was engineered.
of course, the conversation was also overheard.
Or it’s not the first time it’s happened … it’s just the first time it’s been made public.

Reactions: 11
I would assume you also wouldn’t keep pushing for answers if the person you were talking to was unwilling to answer?

That seems to be what is actually at the heart of it all … the persistence in the face of reluctance in what was … or should have been … nothing more than a bit of putting at ease social chit chat.
She asked 7 times!

For me its the 'but where are your people from' that is the rudest. Who asks that sort of question?

Though has been said before, why is anyone surprised that someone who is part of the 'aristocracy' who believe themselves to be superior to the ordinary person (regardless of colour) should be so arrogant to this lady?

Age is no excuse, most people have learnt basic manners by 83.

If King Charles wants the monarchy to continue he really should dump all the out of touch hangers on and employ those that can relate to ordinary people.

Not impressed by the media ratching up support for Hussey, her behaviour was totally unacceptable. Not just racist but rude too.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
She asked 7 times!

For me its the 'but where are your people from' that is the rudest. Who asks that sort of question?

Though has been said before, why is anyone surprised that someone who is part of the 'aristocracy' who believe themselves to be superior to the ordinary person (regardless of colour) should be so arrogant to this lady?

Age is no excuse, most people have learnt basic manners by 83.

If King Charles wants the monarchy to continue he really should dump all the out of touch hangers on and employ those that can relate to ordinary people.

Not impressed by the media ratching up support for Hussey, her behaviour was totally unacceptable. Not just racist but rude too.
According to NF she was asked 7 times.

According to NF the BRF is also racist as they didn't allow Meghan to stand on the balcony despite having quit the BRF as a working member.

Or she's always been rude but no one said anything.Or now QEII has gone, she felt she could let loose as she doesn't respect Camilla as much? No one knows. It could he anything. She has asked to apologise in person. She isn't saying she didn't say what she said. Either way, LSH will just retire quietly and her friends will jotvthink any less of her, and Ngosi will be dragged through the mud and have her career destroyed, for the crime of being quite annoying, being maybe oversensitive about racism and gor being anti Monarchy and pro Meghan.
I just think she was also unprofessional.

Would I invite her to a corporate event? Maybe not, there seems to be a risk of her getting offended and dragging my company through the mud.

She seemed not to have considered these aspects.
As I said, it would have been more professional to raise it with BP directly, if she really was offended.

Reactions: 4
Maybe because she didnt actually avoid difficult situations, or have a head in the sand attitude!

The Queen you describe above is the way she is being portrayed in ''The Crown'' as very quiet and insignificant, prefering to play with her dogs than to engage in matters of state.
Where does the woman who visited Northern Ireland at the end of the troubles to try and promote the Peace agreements, fit into this image of a woman who avoided difficult situations?
What about the woman who met Nelson Mandela.
She read all her red boxes, and kept up to date with all the current political events so that she could play the subtle diplomat at palace functions, introducting people and smoothing things over. -even way past retirement age!

I dont particularly like the monarchy itself, but you cant deny Queen Elizabeth worked hard, and had a keen sense of duty towards the British people, and towards keeping the peace in a troubled world!

Past monarchs...did do very little, but I dont think modern monarchy can ever get away with this!
I agree. She seemed to be respected by people who got to know her. Especially as she never appeared to take sides but used gentle diplomacy. She was from the stoic generation and had old fashioned values . She was just there with sage advice and encouragement when it felt like everything was imploding.
Who is there to rely on now for this, when people just seem to want to fight and grab everything for themselves, and not try to make the world a better place? 😢

Reactions: 3
Who is there to rely on now for this, when people just seem to want to fight and grab everything for themselves, and not try to make the world a better place? 😢
Not Charles or William, certainly. Although Elizabeth II was good at exempting herself from pesky laws and regulations which might have impacted on her vast wealth ...

Reactions: 15
My adult daughter was born and raised in Asia. Often she’d get asked where are you from and she’d say ‘here, I was born here’, ‘but you’re not really from here, where’s your family from’. This was common. Especially from elderly Chinese community. We’d explain, smile, move on.
Im wondering what’s different here.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My adult daughter was born and raised in Asia. Often she’d get asked where are you from and she’d say ‘here, I was born here’, ‘but you’re not really from here, where’s your family from’. This was common. Especially from elderly Chinese community. We’d explain, smile, move on.
Are you genuinely asking? Cause lots is different.

- Context. Your daughter, presumably, wasn't being asked by someone in a professional setting.
- Who it's coming from. Sure, both inquirers might be elderly but SH had an official public post within the royal family. It's not the same as your granny's friend being nosy at the holiday party.
- culture. In many countries it still hasn't fully sunk how statements like that are racist. In the last few years, this has become spoken about often in Western (for lack of a better identifier) countries. Not wanting to understand why someone perceived it as racism is just being wilfully obtuse.

The point of this all is that the royal family seems to be on thin ice already. No one is as well liked or respected as QEII was. If they continue like this, they will alienate a large section of society that maybe aren't huge supporters but weren't opposed either.

Plus, they're making Meghan and Harry look in the right. After denying that there was racism and that Meghan had been mistreated due to her race, things like this show that she very likely was.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

- Context. Your daughter, presumably, wasn't being asked by someone in a professional setting.
- Who it's coming from. Sure, both inquirers might be elderly but SH had an official public post within the royal family. It's not the same as your granny's friend being nosy at the holiday party.
- culture. In many countries it still hasn't fully sunk how statements like that are racist. In the last few years, this has become spoken about often in Western (for lack of a better identifier) countries. Not wanting to understand why someone perceived it as racism is just being wilfully obtuse.

The point of this all is that the royal family seems to be on thin ice already. No one is as well liked or respected as QEII was. If they continue like this, they will alienate a large section of society that maybe aren't huge supporters but weren't opposed either.

Plus, they're making Meghan and Harry look in the right. After denying that there was racism and that Meghan had been mistreated due to her race, things like this show that she very likely was.
Yes I think this has let the cat out, yet there were always subtle ways in which racism or lack of respect for a different culture was shown. At Harry and Meghan's wedding, when the black minister was preaching in a very animated way Beatrice Eugenie looked as if they were about to burst out laughing and undoubtably mocked him behind his back.

Reactions: 13

Erm yes I am asking. Genuinely interested. I have given one small example there. After 28 years in Asia I can relay many stories and not about ‘my granny’s friend being nosy!!!’.
We had dignitaries from all over the world visit schools and official events. You think we weren’t asked where we were from? My question was genuine I didn’t expect such a snarky response.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Because putting aside what the question is for a minute … it’s rude to continue asking a question and probing for an answer when it’s clear the person you are talking to doesn't want to continue that line of conversation … especially when it is your role to put people at ease, read people, and just engage in social chit chat.
What the question is just adds another level to the original baseline rudeness.

Reactions: 13
Whens old wiggy maureen.... Marlene or whatever she's called going to be called out for the fraud she is? She's set up for life now the vile old bag :sick:🤡💩

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yes I think this has let the cat out, yet there were always subtle ways in which racism or lack of respect for a different culture was shown. At Harry and Meghan's wedding, when the black minister was preaching in a very animated way Beatrice Eugenie looked as if they were about to burst out laughing and undoubtably mocked him behind his back.
I remember discussing the preacher at work. 3 brits, 1 American. All white. The only one who didn’t find him cringey was the American (and she was not a religious person, but she definitely perceived him differently to the rest of us (all of whom had tuned out when he was talking) He went on for too long (and IIRC that was acknowledged as fact - that he had over-run his slot) . Much of what Meghan faced was more to do with being American, rather than not being white. A variation on racism I suppose and maybe one she wasn’t expecting

Reactions: 6
Lady Susan was also the person charged with putting Meghan at ease. I can imagine them rubbing each other up the wrong way and Meghan bristling at something off colour that she said. She was completely the wrong person to ' settle in' a young, mixed race American woman into the family For a start, its none of her business who Harry wanted to marry, yet she openly passed judgment on the marriage.

Your daughter is presumably White and lives in a place where not many White people have been born and bred. Also, the Black and Asian communities in the not too distant past were seen as ' other' and not really British, despite being born British and having British nationality, whereas in Asia the British were seen and treated as superior. And thirdly, the British aristocracy did virtually all of the oppressing of people from the former colonies, and LSH is a prominent member of the aristocracy. What if someone had persisted in asking your daughter, 7 times where she was from, and refused to believe she was from the places he said she was from. I am sure she would be incredibly irritated, especially if she was an invited guest, and was being harangued about it. It was a highly irritating question for me, and is for my children. I have taught them to let it go and say ' I am British but my heritage is...' It is still an annoying, personal and rude question, and if a person doesn't want to answer, then that should be the end of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.