Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Onetwofour

VIP Member
To me, in some way, Meghan is very american, it's not an insult, but I would say american people have been used these last decades to be the center of the world as the first power and amercian people can be clueless about things outside of the US. Even the smart and educated ones -there isn't necessarily a will to understand others or to not judge verything from their point of view. It seems like she was not really thinking it would be good to read or learn things about the RF before meeting them. I am not talking about gossips but to pick a well-written historical book about the british monarchy and british culture and ask questions to Harry. In a way, even though he seems to be very protective of her and she seems very motherly about him as someone was saying before, they seem to have communication problems - or at least at the time they met, maybe now they have a better way to communicate.

It wasn't expected from Meghan to be a senior royal - Harry and Meghan said it, so maybe if Meghan had a better idea what it entails she would have made a diferent choice. I think Harry was dreaming to have someone at his side to go through the royal duties. It seems like also that Harry struggled to imagine himself outside of the RF and having to make a living for himself. But in some interviews, he said how he didn't like his job as a senior royal. TBH the RF has its faults in this crash but Meghan and Harry also have theirs. I am curious if they will also talk about that. I think it's probably the point that annoys me the most with them - they never seem like to take responsabilities for things that went wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
£88m is a ridiculous amount of money for a documentary like that. I don't think enough people care about the royal family or harry and meghan for that amount of money to be justifiable.

KarinaBallerina

Harry and Meghan burning ALL their bridges now. Just heard about the Netflix ad released today. Bad form. Along with the hussey conversation it’s all beginning to look a bit staged, not to mention vindictive
Yet it still manages to be boring! :D I don't think they will have many viewers.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Of course it isn't when it's the taxpayers money and people are using food banks to feed their families....

As someone said above her problem is she doesn't know who she is, just whatever the Royals want her to be.
She is bland and easy to mould, a perfect royal Stepford wife. You would think though that she would have some kind of empathy regarding squandering public money when so many people are struggling so badly. Totally out of touch with reality!!🤷

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I think for an American especially it would be hard to grasp what it means to be a royal , I'm sure they think it's the stuff of fairytales and don't believe people actually live like that in the 21st century . I bet they believe people actually stick out their pinky while drinking tea from a china cup and saucer lol.
American or not she should still show some respect especially with marrying into the Royal Family. She can play dumb all she wants but she was no naive spring chicken. She obviously wasn't intent on fitting in with her new family.

• Heart

WatermelonSugar22

VIP Member
She certainly should have not taken to public media to drum up attention for her own ego threatening safety for the organisation she purports to protect.

I have been in a safe house, I know how they operate. Her own desire to be in the media overrode any thought of people's safety. She's a thug.
I don’t know if you realise how the word ‘thug’ is perceived nowadays, but it is not a good choice of words to refer to a Black woman.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Just watch the first episode. Wasn’t as bad as people were making out though like I said, I’ve only seen the first one. I felt rather sad for Harry. He says he wasn’t given support after his mother died and even though the UK sort of took the boys on as their own when Diana died, that meant they had to be seen by them and was out there shaking peoples hands and talking about their recently deceased mother. The lack of support I can understand as my own parents didn’t give myself or my siblings support when we were younger when it came to mental health and grief. It was sort of ‘stiff upper lip’, a phrase they often used with us.
I found it really creepy they did a photo call on holiday with the children on their own, these camera men and women giving orders at the children etc. I’m glad that doesn’t happen now.

The entire idea of a royal family and princes and princesses wearing crowns is daft when you think about it but a lot of us still love it and the majority of Brits still support it.
One of the talking heads said very similar. When you really think about it, it’s a rather perplexing situation to be in.

Onetwofour

VIP Member
[
The other thread seems obsessed with idea that 1) Meghan was a hooker. Well, 'yacht girl' but same thing and 2) her mum did a spell in prison. I can't believe either wouldn't have come out if any truth in them.
The other thread is full of haters. It's exactly because of those people and their hatred towards Harry and Meghan that as soon you make a negative comment on Harry and Meghan you need to reassure people that no you are not a hater. Those people are the most convincing (with the out-of-line articles from tabloids) part of the argument that Meghan and Harry are getting harassed and bullied.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
It's all a bit ridiculous anyway. If you want privacy, go live that life in privacy. The royal family never respond anyway. There will only ever be a generic response to rumours. The media just keep this going, including the likes of Piers Morgan because it generates clicks now. I miss the days of barely hearing about the royal family in the news. I have had interest in the history of royalty, but these days it's just a soap opera.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I'm no psychologist, but from the outside looking in it seems that Harry is just lost in life. He is approaching 40 and doesn't have a goal in life. He never had a career. I watched an interview with him and William together from a decade or more ago, and when asked what he would do if he wasn't a prince, he responded with something like he would live in Africa, continue with the charity and conservation stuff. He was in the army, but that was not possible.

He seems like he's lashing out and frustrated that he doesn't have a real purpose any longer. Maybe he hates the fact he was born into royalty and resents being in the position he is. William is next in line so has a role and purpose, but Harry doesn't. Meghan was a way out for him, but the jury is still out for me as to if he's truly content and happy with how his life has turned out. I believe he wanted more than this, so he's struggling to find what he wants at this point.
I’ve said before, but I just think that Harry is one of those people who permanently thinks the grass on the other side of the fence is greener and as such will never be truly content. He is always chasing the greener grass until he get there and finds it still wants looking after. He will always be thinking he would be happy ‘if only’. It’s nothing to do with money or job or position … it’s just him

Reactions: 11

hannah123

VIP Member
I think meghan comes from showbiz where everyone hugs and is tactile, Kate from a much more formal background. It's simply a culture clash. I hug friends and family, would def hug a brother's gf, particularly if I knew our family was intimidating. I'm British, middle-class and same age as Kate. I just think her and William are stiff and formal with people, you can see it in public appearances. It doesn't mean they're not nice but they don't have knack of making people feel at ease. Diana had it, Harry has it, Meghan has it. The rest don't really. Nothing wrong with that, but when your "job" is meeting strangers, making small talk etc it's a good skill to have.
A stranger giving me a hug is probably the last thing that would make me feel at ease, it would make me feel quite uncomfortable, if that makes me stiff then fine but at least it stops strangers touching me. On the other hand someone just saying hello how are you would do the opposite.

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
What do you all think of Kate's look tonight? I love it! The dress is gorgeous.
Yes looks beautiful! Rarely see her in red lippy (or a 'sported a red lip' as DM would put it). Dress and tiara gorgeous.

I know I know I know they're incredibly privileged but I do like looking at pictures of finery however vacuous that may be.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I think Carole has a lot of influence on Kate. I don't think she is ambitious either she just does as she is told. She knows how Diana rocked the boat and has no desire to be the same.
Yes this is what I think. Carole is ambitious for her, and she did her bidding, then went straight into doing the RF's bidding. I agree with the PP who said if the Royals suddenly said they wanted to be more exciting, she'd be out there in a sparkly leotard, unquestionably. I think both Kate and William want the status of being King and Queen, as well as that status for their children, and will do the bare minimum required to achieve that. Whether what the Royals want will stop them becoming irrelevant in the future is another question. I think Kate is quite happy doing what she is told, and William is quite happy that he can basically do what he likes and his wife will let him.

I'm not sure how reliable it is but seen this on Reddit...if it's true that's a really bad look for W&K.....

View attachment 1784006
I watched a bit of it and thought the same thing- William, Kate and their entourage, Clara Amfo, who is based in the UK and David Beckham, who is also based in the UK were the ones I saw. Also, all of the nominees were worthy. Surely the money spent on a glitzy celeb filled event could have been added to the £1m and maybe smaller prizes given to more of them?

Last edited:

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
To me, in some way, Meghan is very american, it's not an insult, but I would say american people have been used these last decades to be the center of the world as the first power and amercian people can be clueless about things outside of the US. Even the smart and educated ones -there isn't necessarily a will to understand others or to not judge verything from their point of view. It seems like she was not really thinking it would be good to read or learn things about the RF before meeting them. I am not talking about gossips but to pick a well-written historical book about the british monarchy and british culture and ask questions to Harry. In a way, even though he seems to be very protective of her and she seems very motherly about him as someone was saying before, they seem to have communication problems - or at least at the time they met, maybe now they have a better way to communicate.

It wasn't expected from Meghan to be a senior royal - Harry and Meghan said it, so maybe if Meghan had a better idea what it entails she would have made a diferent choice. I think Harry was dreaming to have someone at his side to go through the royal duties. It seems like also that Harry struggled to imagine himself outside of the RF and having to make a living for himself. But in some interviews, he said how he didn't like his job as a senior royal. TBH the RF has its faults in this crash but Meghan and Harry also have theirs. I am curious if they will also talk about that. I think it's probably the point that annoys me the most with them - they never seem like to take responsabilities for things that went wrong.
When I watched a bit of their engagement interview my immediate thought was 'she'll have hightailed it back to California within two years'. She's just very....Californian. Even if she had married an unknown wealthy Brit, life in the UK wouldn't have suited her.

• Heart

hannah123

VIP Member
Using stock images of paparazzi following Katie Price or the Harry Potter premiere has to be one of the stranger things they’ve done. If you’re making a documentary of the stalking by the press and you have to pad it out with other peoples pictures, including your sister in law who was harassed and stalked by the press, then you haven’t actually had a rough time. If it was so bad show the intrusive pictures and the stalking cameras.

I find it quite uncomfortable that after disregarding the the awful press intrusive of Catherine in the Oprah interview, they’re now using her pictures for the trailer, and for Harry to speak about treatment of women in the family. They were quite happy to insinuate nothing happened to her, let their squad go after her and use her picture in the first trailer to garner interest, but Harry now thinks he’s in the position to tell her story without permission to back up his own.

• Heart

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Do you think she should’ve kept quiet?
She certainly should have not taken to public media to drum up attention for her own ego threatening safety for the organisation she purports to protect.

I have been in a safe house, I know how they operate. Her own desire to be in the media overrode any thought of people's safety. She's a thug.

jkroche95

VIP Member
This is one of my issues with them. They make these claims but can't ever back them up: who stopped them telling their story? Why did they stop them? Who silenced them? Why? Who said she couldn't get therapy? Who took her passport? At some point you have to provide some proof and they never do
didn't she go on 13 holidays while her passport was 'taken away' from her? Including NYC where she had a baby shower costing $200,000