Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Everytown

The fact that this continues to circle back to "but what's wrong with asking where your from?" ... Sigh. Ms. Fulani literally gave TWO answers to that question before understandably getting rustled by the continuation of the inquisition: her foundation's name and hackney.
No, according to Fulani herself, what was said was:

Lady SH: “Where are you from?”
Ms Fulani: “Sistah Space.”
SH: “No where do you come from?
Ms Fulani: “We’re based in Hackney.”

Neither of those were an answer to what the question obviously was. That's like someone asking you where you're from, and you replying with your employer and their location.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

Boring Monday

VIP Member
After what happened with Chelsea and Cressida I wonder if Harry just thought I'll marry her pronto before she changes her mind.
Charles also struggled to get someone to say yes … he was turned down by a Wellesley and a Mountbatten at least because they couldn’t cope with the media … and this was back in the 1970’s … and Diana’s sister is on record as saying she wouldn’t marry him if he was a bin man.

I have a hazy memory that the girl William wanted to date when he split from Kate that time turned him down flat as well (if that was a
cheese dream I had, I apolgise)

Anyway, it seems the Windsor men struggle to get anyone willing to take them and all the accoutrements on, even with the lure of Queen Mary’s vault.

Hopefully when the time comes for George to start partner hunting, any of the lessons learnt will actually be put into practice.

Spid

VIP Member
The other thread seems obsessed with idea that 1) Meghan was a hooker. Well, 'yacht girl' but same thing and 2) her mum did a spell in prison. I can't believe either wouldn't have come out if any truth in them.
If there was a shred of truth in those rumours Dan wootton would be willing to get sued to print it.

FFS, the niggling debate is still going on half a dozen pages later?

• Haha

Lilliepad

VIP Member
Of course, but isn't it also a matter of someone having the best of intentions and the other person getting offended for offended's sake, as people love to do these days, and reporting it to your boss? Even if you do have the best of intentions, it's a constant case of walking on eggshells. Not everyone has the means to go on discrimination awareness courses. It doesn't help that the rules on which terms are acceptable keep changing too.
I don’t know, I feel like if you’re in a role where you’re meeting lots of people on a regular basis, common courtesy should be to be polite. I’ve not had anyone complain about my conduct at work because I keep up to date, not unfair to ask someone in a public facing role to.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Nobody has still managed to explain to me how exactly the meeting, in a crowded reception, with people circulating who didn’t know each other from Adam was engineered.
of course, the conversation was also overheard.
Or it’s not the first time it’s happened … it’s just the first time it’s been made public.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Nope. American here. Californian in fact. We see thru the pathetic grasping H&M whiny grifters, They are not invited to any A list parties - or any parties, except media stunts their PR firm cooks up. Me-Gain and Haz-been do no "good works". In fact, they seem to do no real work, beyond trying to promote and enrich themselves. The tide is turning in these colonies. (Except for the bots hired by her PR firm. Her 2nd (!) PR firm, since she couldn't pay the first one.) What is your return policy? May we send them back, please?

P.S. Kate is a gem.
That's a nice thing to say about Kate. I just see her as being quite stable which in a world of reality TV shows is refreshing. It's quite a feat to maintain your privacy whilst being in that position!

I don't hate H&M, just find them irritating and vain at times. Really dislike people preaching!!

Lilliepad

VIP Member
In my book if someone turns up asking for help, you help them. To decline someone help because of 'their privilege' is quite repulsive.
If you want to see it that way, then fine. As I’ve already explained, their focus is on a marginalised community who suffer from being left behind. This isn’t an opinion, it’s a statistical fact. Your ‘privilege’ is showing 🤣

Focusing on these people isn’t a bad thing. As also mentioned by a previous poster, a person outside of this community is likely to have been given resources on where to find help better serve them. Nobody is left behind this way, it means people are given the opportunity to receive care that best suits their needs.

Life isn’t black and white. Nuance is key. The world isn’t colourblind, nor should it be. Different people have different experiences and needs and care reflects that.

This if someone has experienced dv colour shouldn’t matter. I donate clothes / makeup etc to a local safe house who took anybody in who needed help. You are not privileged in any way if you are experiencing dv and it is just encouraging acceptance of division/resentment in society based on colour.
You wouldn’t be turned away though, they would lead you to somewhere that can help you as they are focusing efforts on black women. Nobody is saying that white women are privileged if they are experiencing DV, but are more likely to be understood in a variety of charity settings as they’ll share the same culture as the people running it. Black women don’t have this. There are often a lot of cultural issues at play that a lot of non black people don’t understand, so SS focuses on this, and due to this wouldn’t necessarily have all the resources to deal with everyone. It’s like wanting to go to black therapist because a white one would be able to sympathise but not necessarily empathise with specific cultural issues you have. It’s not divisive, it’s just being acutely aware of a specific issue. Much like the fact you wouldn’t go to an OBGYN to deal with male issues.

Last edited:
  • Angry

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
It’ll keep Piers and Lady Colin in material for months …
I see this as something I might watch. I didn’t and don't like Meghan but this does put a different slant on things. People are forgetting if she (Lady SH) was around the Queen a lot it stands to reason she was around PP a lot. The Queen appeared respectful, the other two dinosaurs just mentioned weren't

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Charles also struggled to get someone to say yes … he was turned down by a Wellesley and a Mountbatten at least because they couldn’t cope with the media … and this was back in the 1970’s … and Diana’s sister is on record as saying she wouldn’t marry him if he was a bin man.

I have a hazy memory that the girl William wanted to date when he split from Kate that time turned him down flat as well (if that was a
cheese dream I had, I apolgise)

Anyway, it seems the Windsor men struggle to get anyone willing to take them and all the accoutrements on, even with the lure of Queen Mary’s vault.

Hopefully when the time comes for George to start partner hunting, any of the lessons learnt will actually be put into practice.
You're right, it was Isabella what-not who later married Sam Branson who didn't want to date William.

The idea of being in the RF and being scrutinised to that degree and your past being raked up sounds terrible to me.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Will the real ngozi please stand up?
That isn't her real name 💣💣💣
There have been several Caribbean descent people who have changed their names to African names, because of the slavery connotations of have 'western' names and surnames of slave owners.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
To get a bit back on topic, what do we think of Kate’s outfit for her first solo engagement?
83461B79-D07F-4F9C-9400-2F2F47E403F4.jpeg
BD324FA6-7EFD-4A0F-9048-1367502D9FC6.jpeg

Personally I love it, really flatters her. Wish she did something different with her hair but baby steps.

I do think it’s great they have become less stuffy over the years and are engaging more with the public like below.
FDC561A5-998E-460D-9E3B-EAB2CFA4894E.jpeg

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I mean, I don’t buy the whole Harry Hewitt thing, but if I was Charles I’d pretend to have my doubts, just to mess a bit more with his head. Wouldn’t hurt (well, yes, it would and that’s the point) to drop a little suggestion 😈
Do we really think that the DNA of both William and Harry wasn’t taken at birth and the results long known?

elliebee27

VIP Member
They are out to make money and paint themselves as innocent victims - they don't regret one bit. They are deluded narcissists whose only concern is fame and fortune through the institution they supposedly hate so much but without the monarchy they have nothing - no titles, no 'secrets' to sell, nothing.

• Heart

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
One thing that needs to come out of this is that William and Charles seriously need to have a detailed plan as to what to do with Charlotte and Louis and their future families particularly when it relates to jobs/ responsibilities as well as security. I do believe much like Harry their children should be entitled to gov security but this should not be paid for by the taxpayer when the no of working royals is going to be a lot smaller. The RF need to start paying significantly more of their own money if there are going to continue to have more than one child of the monarch.

What Harry, Andrew and Joachim of Denmark demonstrate is that in the modern era, you can't be giving titles but expecting the second child / son to fade into the background behind their brother when they've been raised in the spotlight all their life. Everyone talks about how down to earth Ann is but I believe its because she was never the spare due to her gender/ primogeniture, so she always knew that she was unimportant and her children wouldn't have a title, Andrew on the other hand has always been stuck up. Whenever we saw Harry we saw William and I think unfortunately harry believed he was on the same level as his brother.

Charlotte is the spare and seems to be more outgoing camera ready than George. It wouldn't suprise me if they have the same issues with her that they do with Harry.

I bet Camilla pulled rank there :ROFLMAO:
Surely with Williams role at the FA it shouldve been him and Kate. Maybe Will was scared of Kate eyeing Ryan who still has a full head of hair. 2022 Ryan is just as hot as 2005 Ryan, same can't be said about William

• Heart

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Six grand is nothing to her and plenty more where it came from.
Of course it isn't when it's the taxpayers money and people are using food banks to feed their families....

As someone said above her problem is she doesn't know who she is, just whatever the Royals want her to be.