The Royal Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
DH went to a private hospital for surgery last year. The anaesthetic wouldn't start the surgery as DH showed cardiac issues and they can't treat patients who have complications under anaesthesia and have no acute or intensive care facilities - you have to be transferred to an NHS hospital. Wouldn't ever take the risk of surgery in one. They are glorified hotels, nothing more.

Reactions: 8
At 99 I’d be surprised if there is a lot of intervention they can take :( general anaesthetic at 99 is a no go so I’d imagine it’s a case of just managing existing issues.

Security is going to be trickier here so I’d imagine they won’t want him in for weeks plus the huge press pack outside.
Barts is quite big - the press have plenty of room outside it.

They must be something they hoping to do otherwise they would have left him at the private hospital.

Reactions: 3
DH went to a private hospital for surgery last year. The anaesthetic wouldn't start the surgery as DH showed cardiac issues and they can't treat patients who have complications under anaesthesia and have no acute or intensive care facilities - you have to be transferred to an NHS hospital. Wouldn't ever take the risk of surgery in one. They are glorified hotels, nothing more.
This is exactly what my mum has always said. Private is fine for minor non invasive stuff and cosmetic surgery, but anything else needs to be done by the NHS.

Reactions: 7
As nice as they are private hospitals are useless. The moment you develop any type of problem they want to ship you of to a nhs hospital. They aren't equipped to deal with patients like prince philip who are ill. I think he is most likely going to be placed on a private ward in a nhs hospital. Some nhs hospitals offer private wards. The nhs hospital I've stayed in before had a private ward.

Reactions: 8
He had heart troubles Christmas 2011 or 10? and was in Papworth Hospital

Not really sure if this is a complete new dimension
I'm guessing that the assumption at the time was that it was a one off event that he was treated for, not that it was / led to something needing longer term management.

I think it will be a miracle if he survives this hospital stay and ends up going back home. I feel that it won't be long before they announce he has died. This hospital stay seems different to his previous ones and i think the situation is critical.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
after the death of his mother the British press were given strict orders on what they were allowed to print and photograph. William has sued the press before now and overseas publications print much more than what’s in the British newspapers. So why is Harry saying things were so bad they had to move away? Were they that bad? Genuinely asking because every celebrity wherever they are gets negative press. Do they think things are better now? The internet doesn’t stop at the California border.

Reactions: 10
after the death of his mother the British press were given strict orders on what they were allowed to print and photograph. William has sued the press before now and overseas publications print much more than what’s in the British newspapers. So why is Harry saying things were so bad they had to move away? Were they that bad? Genuinely asking because every celebrity wherever they are gets negative press. Do they think things are better now? The internet doesn’t stop at the California border.
I don't think it's just "bad press" - you cannot deny that they have been attacked pretty much since day one - Piers Morgan pretty much admitted once that he was bored so he wrote something horrible about them, no one else in the Royal Family has been subjected to that. I think Megan was prepared for a battering because I don't think she was naive and I'd like to think Harry and the RF prepared her a little but the level some people and news outlets have gone to is bullying.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think it will be a miracle if he survives this hospital stay and ends up going back home. I feel that it won't be long before they announce he has died. This hospital stay seems different to his previous ones and i think the situation is critical.
I think there are certainly going to be questions about his treatment and his age. I know that when my grandad had treatment at 89 they were very reluctant and did say they wouldn’t treat past this due to his age and I can see a bit like the visit of Charles last week people screaming special treatment.

Reactions: 4
As awful as it is that Philip is so unwell I hope it means a backlash against Harry and Meghan. They really dont understand how privileged they are. Meghan was a member of the royal family for less than 18 months before they left for Canada.

Their timing for leaving was bad for them with Covid and now their timing couldnt be worse again if the worse does happen with Philip.

I have no sympathy for them and I really think with this interview Harry will have burned all his bridges with both his family and the UK public.

I really do hope Prince Phillip is ok and makes it to his 100th birthday!

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I wonder how Harry feels right now. Philip being ill isn't his fault in any way, but he must feel like tit that the Oprah interview will come out at this time. He is even less in control of events than he was in the UK.
Wonder if Philip is in intensive care, personally I'd say enough, let me go. Can't imagine he has much quality of life, despite the rubbish about being in good spirits.

Reactions: 3
I wonder how Harry feels right now. Philip being ill isn't his fault in any way, but he must feel like tit that the Oprah interview will come out at this time. He is even less in control of events than he was in the UK.
Wonder if Philip is in intensive care, personally I'd say enough, let me go. Can't imagine he has much quality of life, despite the rubbish about being in good spirits.
It's absolutely not his fault, but he knows the age of his grandparents, I don't see why he couldn't have waited a little while longer to give his interview. What is the point of the interview anyway? I'm still trying to work that out.

Reactions: 16
As awful as it is that Philip is so unwell I hope it means a backlash against Harry and Meghan. They really dont understand how privileged they are. Meghan was a member of the royal family for less than 18 months before they left for Canada.

Their timing for leaving was bad for them with Covid and now their timing couldnt be worse again if the worse does happen with Philip.

I have no sympathy for them and I really think with this interview Harry will have burned all his bridges with both his family and the UK public.

She also barely did any royal duties before she was pregnant and went on maternity leave. She especially has never been a working royal or really experienced it. If someone quit their job within such a short amount of time its fair to say they haven't really given fair crack of it, and certainly not enough to learn culture etc.

Yes some aspects of the press have been out of order, but much of the criticism since the pregnancy that has come their way has been of their own making, and often didn't even involve the press. I don't read the papers and neither do many I know, yet they have all formed opinions on the couple based on their own actions and press statements. Their PR is constantly awful, I don't know where they are finding these people but they aren't doing themselves any favours

Reactions: 11

This is the exact reason they left the UK, some people just like to bully them.

She also barely did any royal duties before she was pregnant and went on maternity leave. She especially has never been a working royal or really experienced it. If someone quit their job within such a short amount of time its fair to say they haven't really given fair crack of it, and certainly not enough to learn culture etc.

Yes some aspects of the press have been out of order, but much of the criticism since the pregnancy that has come their way has been of their own making, and often didn't even involve the press. I don't read the papers and neither do many I know, yet they have all formed opinions on the couple based on their own actions and press statements. Their PR is constantly awful, I don't know where they are finding these people but they aren't doing themselves any favours
she worked more than Kate when she was pregnant....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.