The Royal Family #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/the-royal-family-27.33666/

1664187694580.png

Description from The Royal Family Twitter:
"A ledger stone has been installed at the King George VI Memorial Chapel, following the interment of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. The King George VI Memorial Chapel sits within the walls of St George’s Chapel, Windsor."

1664187734011.png

First image shared of King Charles III with the Red Box.
Description from The Royal Family Twitter:
"The Red Box contains papers from government ministers in the UK and the Realms and from representatives from the Commonwealth and beyond."

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes, think so. They could at least fix it to the wall! Looks so sloppy and uncaring just propped up like that so no one can read it.
I wonder if it will get a permanent home now that the other stone won’t have to move anymore?

Reactions: 10
Where are Margaret’s ashes, are they in the vault with her parents, The Queen and Philip? If so why couldn’t her name be on the main memorial instead of off to the left?

Reactions: 3
Reactions: 3
Will be interesting if he gets off….

Plus

Reactions: 6
What immediate changes do you think KC should do within the RF?
Open Buck Pal and other palaces all year round, proceeds to go to maintenance, only heirs and children get HRH and work on the public purse, cut sovereign grant.

Reactions: 28
What immediate changes do you think KC should do within the RF?
I agree with what @LoopyLou47 says, but I want to add that the royal family needs to be slimmed down like KC has hinted at. I'm not sure how it would even work in practice though e.g. removing titles from the offspring of the late Queen's cousins and so on. I think it's stupid the whole idea of being 68th in line to the throne or whatever.

Reactions: 12
Will be interesting if he gets off….

Plus
He should not get off he could have killed someone he can afford to.pay a chauffeur when he organised the coronation. These dreadful people just don't give a damn. If he was a bricklayer he would be punished. Old git!

Reactions: 16
@LoopyLou47, such a good point about the privilege inherent in staying home with your children during their early years. It really is a massive privilege.
Just talking to a friend who, when young and totally broke, had four children under six, and worked in her husband's asphalting business, asphalting roads. She'd personally be out there with the tar buckets.
She's 70 now and just catching up on her sleep. Srsly, she's learning how to play -- divorce, new same sex partnership, crafts, tai chi -- which she literally has not had one minute to do since she was 18 years old.
I was thinking about how one could optimally parent four under six -- and I thought, one hour of one on one time with each one every day while the nanny cares for the pack. Plus, cooking lunch together Montessori style. That's a day's work right there. My friend did the best she could and has lost two children, one to drugs, and one to estrangement.
And, of course, Kate sidesteps her obligation to the family asphalting business -- while pretending she isn't by patronizing the study of privilege.
I do think it's fair to raise the future monarchs as normally as possible, in school with other kids, out of the spotlight. And, home schooling is exhausting. Almost every mother in the world wishes she could have the privilege.
Not a Brit, so must inquire -- would it be considered too political for Kate to be the patron of day care, study and lobby for that?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I agree with what @LoopyLou47 says, but I want to add that the royal family needs to be slimmed down like KC has hinted at. I'm not sure how it would even work in practice though e.g. removing titles from the offspring of the late Queen's cousins and so on. I think it's stupid the whole idea of being 68th in line to the throne or whatever.
The thing is when the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester die, while the titles will pass down to their heirs they automatically loose their royal Duke status anyway and just go into the pool of ‘ordinary’ nobility with all the other non royal dukedoms and titles … so taking away the HRH from an 80 year old, just for the sake of it seems a bit daft … especially when they are still doing work on behalf of the royal family.

Reactions: 22
Open Buck Pal and other palaces all year round, proceeds to go to maintenance, only heirs and children get HRH and work on the public purse, cut sovereign grant.
Looking at the number of private residences, how they are used, Maintained and staffed might be handy as well. The ‘they're privately owned‘ argument really is getting to the point where it doesn’t cut it. How many “bolt holes” can one person need.

Reactions: 11
I think these grace and favour apartments need looking into as well. Who has them, how long for, why.

Reactions: 11
I dont think you would remove titles. Plenty of people have titles including ex nobility of European Republics, like Beas husband, but they don't have roles as Royals. I do think no more nieces and nephews of The Monarch, so Andrews kids and Edwards kids don't have a choice of joining the gravy train. Let the excusing cousins of The Queen die out or retire under the current system.

Looking at the number of private residences, how they are used, Maintained and staffed might be handy as well. The ‘they're privately owned‘ argument really is getting to the point where it doesn’t cut it. How many “bolt holes” can one person need.
Let's look it from another angle: I made money and built a house (in this case it was William the Conqueror), then made more money and built (bought) another house and let's imagine my heirs continue to do that. After sufficient number of years, my heirs would own as much palaces and land as RF. Do you expect my heirs to give a country their profit except for taxable income?

As far as I understand, instead of directly owning all the palaces, your RF made the trust (Crown estate) and all revenue from the Estate goes in your treasury. All antiquities and jewellry is also in trust and RF can't sell them or give them away? From the revenue, about 20% goes back to RF for maintenance of the said palaces and salaries of employees.

What is in private RF hands (Balmoral and few others), maintenance is paid from private income of royals.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
And, of course, Kate sidesteps her obligation to the family asphalting business -- while pretending she isn't by patronizing the study of privilege.
I do think it's fair to raise the future monarchs as normally as possible, in school with other kids, out of the spotlight. And, home schooling is exhausting. Almost every mother in the world wishes she could have the privilege.
Not a Brit, so must inquire -- would it be considered too political for Kate to be the patron of day care, study and lobby for that?
I think the problem is that that is exactly what she has to do, but she can't or doesn't want to. In apparently 10 years of working with early years, she has come up with 5 fairly bland questions in a survey, resurrected the same thing 5 years later as a pie chart and had her picture taken sitting at a desk. This is an area that has been studied and worked on for decades, has had money put in by the way of Surestart centres and early years nursery funding, and taken away again by the government. She could have taken on so many things, for example girls sports, when sports is clearly something she's interested in. She could have done something effective in that instead of horsing around with elite athletes and turning up to Wimbledon and calling it work!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.