Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Do you think there will be a great level of interest in the coronation?

I am not so sure because - not in any particular order

It’s Charles - is he that popular?
Cost of living crisis - resentment that this is costing a lot of money
He will have been King since September - interest has waned
Bank Holiday.
Gold coach.
Pomp
Sparkly things.
Celebratory tea towels and Percy Pigs.
People willing to camp on a pavement for 2 hours wearing a Union Jack hat and sat in a Union Jack deckchair and be interviewed by the BBC
Huw on commentary duty
Much Witchelling by Nick.

it’ll be grand.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

Lulalala

Chatty Member
So the clarify a few things…

The queen died in Scotland so therefore her death is processed and regulated by the relevant Scottish legislation.

In Scotland the time of death is not the time that it is confirmed by a doctor. It’s the time that can be reasonably and reliably confirmed. Ie if doctor is present at time of death then that’s what is used. If a family member is present and can confirm time then that is used. If no one is present then time is ascertained via post mortem etc. It’s a legal document. No one is making up the time of death here.

The various a,b,c,d is present on all
Death certificates regardless whether all used. This is normal. If anything is redacted it must be done so with a black cube placed over. There are no redactions here. Again legal document. You can’t hide or remove anything without showing something was there beforehand.

Old age can be used as a sole reason for death. There are guidelines on when it can be used and given the queen was over 80 and had her own private doctor (who certified the death) this can absolutely be used here.

Also yes this is an extract. It’s a extract of the death that has been entered into the registrar of Scotland. Extract being used because many more people have died and the queen isn’t the only person in Scotland to have died and be entered into the registrar.

I hope that clarifies things.

Reactions: 34

House of Tea

VIP Member
It doesn’t matter what she died of. She died and that is that. I don’t want to know, I prefer to think she just had a peaceful death after a life long lived. I am glad Anne and Charles were there.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

hannah123

VIP Member
There's a clip of Elizabeth returning from some foreign visit and being greeted by her family on a railway station platform. She shakes hands with Charles who is about four who then gets a cuddle from his grandmother who has been looking after him. No wonder he was so close to his grandmother. Mind you, Elizabeth herself was left with her grandparents as a baby while her parents went to Australia or whatever but the Yorks did admit that it was difficult (and I bet didn't shake her hand on return!).

Compare to Diana refusing to leave William behind on a trip to Australia - and I expect that Charles would have had to back her for it to happen. He was apparently a bit miffed about the famous photo of her opening her arms wide to the boys on Britannia because he did exactly the same but wasn't the focus of the camera so was rather seen as the cold parent to Diana's wonderful mother. I think that he was determined to be a very different parent to his own and seems also to thoroughly enjoy both his own grandchildren and step-grandchildren.
I don’t disagree with your points on parenting and Charles does seem a good dad and an even better grandad who’s taken to the role naturally. But Diana didn’t refuse to leave without William, I’m sure she was sad about it, but was willing to go on the tour of Australia without him. It was an Australian politician, maybe even the PM, who suggested to Charles that they bring William, he thought it was a good idea and proposed it to Diana, she also thought it was a good idea, so they took him and were able to extend the tour because of it.

How could it be genuine?
She and her mother planned it from the very start when they saw Kate would be pretty enough to turn his head.
They only had to get her in position then it was game on.
Nothing genuine about it or her
Ignoring the lunacy that a mum and daughter can force a man into doing something, what is so wrong about a woman fancying a man and going after him? Please tell me. I heard someone recently say “people have said Kate wanted William at uni” as an insult? God forbid that a woman fancied a man who is now her husband of 11 years when they first met, Jesus wept.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

50sGirl

VIP Member
I have less interest but I hate to see anyone being bullied,and that's what's happening to smeg,even though I don't like her doesn't make it right.
And imo kates clothes will never make up for her bitch face
The irony of you saying Meghan is being bullied whilst calling Kate a bitch face! 🙄😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

regularvoltaire

Literally just coming on here to say Lady C knows sweet fanny Adam’s about anything. She has NO access to the royals or even to aristocracy. She is a no one, so don’t listen to her rants, they’re out there just to ‘get clicks’. We all knew something was dreadfully wrong as the afternoon progressed. That doesn’t take insider info!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Boring Monday

VIP Member
It must have been horrendous for The Queen though. Her own parents marriage had been a very happy one, she hadn’t been brought up like that despite being from the upper classes.
But there are photos of The Queen and Penny together laughing and chatting … and she even went to events with her after Philip had died. Whatever was or wasn’t going on, it seems they were all at peace with it.

Reactions: 23

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Wow. Have you accidentally posted on a wrong thread? In all my time following this Royal thread I don’t recall so much venom.
People are nice on this thread and have a sensible discussion. A few posters are incredibly knowledgable too. Please don’t ruin it for the rest of us.
This is one of my favourite threads because everyone here, on the whole, posts objectively. We call out the Royals when they cock up and we praise them when we think they've done something great.

I don't go near any of the other Royal threads and on the H&M thread people have genuinely lost their minds.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Dickie Arbiter on Andrew: 'The problem is, the man’s an idiot. There’s always one runt of the litter, and Andrew was it.'

• Haha
  • Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
B39DADB9-FF1D-43FF-8798-AA1FAE7284BE.jpeg
I am reading Susannah Constantine’s book, ex of Lord Linley. Spent a lot of time with Princess Margaret. Her book is very candid.

Here’s something a bit jaw dropping - it’s about her and Princess Margaret at a function and what happened when SC visited the loo.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I don’t disagree with your points on parenting and Charles does seem a good dad and an even better grandad who’s taken to the role naturally.
One of my favourite moments was watching the Jubilee celebrations when Louis went and sat on Charles' knee. It just seemed so natural and obviously something Louis was very comfortable doing. It showed a proper relationship goes on behind the scenes.

It sounds a stupid thing to say as it was just a grandfather and his grandson but his is TRF were holding hands in public is still deemed newsworthy.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I agree with what @LoopyLou47 says, but I want to add that the royal family needs to be slimmed down like KC has hinted at. I'm not sure how it would even work in practice though e.g. removing titles from the offspring of the late Queen's cousins and so on. I think it's stupid the whole idea of being 68th in line to the throne or whatever.
The thing is when the Dukes of Kent and Gloucester die, while the titles will pass down to their heirs they automatically loose their royal Duke status anyway and just go into the pool of ‘ordinary’ nobility with all the other non royal dukedoms and titles … so taking away the HRH from an 80 year old, just for the sake of it seems a bit daft … especially when they are still doing work on behalf of the royal family.

Reactions: 22

Popcorn&Peanuts

I am not being facetious but honest question here - when has Harry or Meghan said they don't like the UK or British people? They've made it abundantly clear that they don't like the British press and for good reason, but did they actually say they don't like the UK or is that another implication that those intent on disliking them have made? Meghan literally said it was good to be back last month at some conference in the UK.

Also, what sort of crazy assumption is it to say that the children don't have titles because if they did, Meghan and Harry seem like the type to use them. Comments like that point to a lack of objectivity. They made it clear that the issue was about treating their children differently rather than the titles themselves. If they cared for the pomp and ceremony, they would have stayed.

And finally, how unfair to say they care only about the money and privilege. Again, if that was so important to them, they would have stayed. The RF ia the pinnacle of high society. No thirsty goldigger is going to give that up easily after a year or two.

You know, you'd swear I was a Sussex stan or something if you saw my posts here but really, I defend them at times because there's so much misinformation. So many narratives being spread have no actual basis in reality. I mean bashing them for holding hands based on some imagined protocol when Zara and Mike did literally the same thing at the same time without criticism? Criticising Meghan for 'smirking' when that inappropriate smiley portrait was just released without much backlash? There IS a double standard here. I am not saying it's due to racism, but if people would just step back for a minute and look at this objectively, they would see that they cannot win. Again I am no stan. I find the concept of fangirling over a family of privileged, wealthy middle-aged people who I will never meet very, very odd. I just cannot understand the double standards in the UK media. It is genuinely scary and makes me wonder if a free press is just an illusion and I've only now realised it.

• Heart
I am very excited. to report my friend met Catherine, POW yesterday at Royal Surrey hospital. She said she is beautiful but very very thin. She looks much older in person than in pics and that her eyes are tired. She said she was also very warm and natural with everyone ❤

• Heart

Multi-21

VIP Member
Yes I meant little girl tights.
My point was it had nothing to do with Kate,this was smegs wedding.
I think Kate was helping. Telling Meghan what protocol was and what would be expected. Meghan was quick to complain no one explained how things worked but when people gave her advice she didn’t want to hear it

Reactions: 21
I have less interest but I hate to see anyone being bullied,and that's what's happening to smeg,even though I don't like her doesn't make it right.
And imo kates clothes will never make up for her bitch face
Wow. Have you accidentally posted on a wrong thread? In all my time following this Royal thread I don’t recall so much venom.
People are nice on this thread and have a sensible discussion. A few posters are incredibly knowledgable too. Please don’t ruin it for the rest of us.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Thanks @LoopyLou47 you have made valid points which I hadn’t considered.

i think Harry is another spoilt and entitled brat (like another certain spare in the family) who threw his toys out of his pram when not getting his own way, and who continues to tantrum regardless of knowing exactly what ‘the firm’ is about. He’s not going to win and if anything has made himself look even more stupid.
I agree with that too. He is a symptom of what I talked about. He has had everything handed to him on a plate and absolutely enormous privilege, but he wasn't going to be King, and in return for that privilege he had to be the Whipping boy to some extent, so he feels hard done by. He had no concept of what it is like to have to pay your own bills or make enough money to pay his own way until he got the bill for his own security. He thought people listened to him and gave him a platform because he was so amazing, but he has a platform not because of himself but because he is a Royal.