The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually read a really interesting article about Princess Anne
See below.

It really shows how hard working she is and how much she cares about the charities she works with. I think, though, since Prince William and Kate have small kids they are doing better as parents by not taking on that level of workload.

Better they take their own kids to school and see their kids from one end of the week to the other than to have a team of nannies raising the children while visit other children in different countries.

www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/04/princess-anne-opens-up-about-her-lifetime-as-a-royal
William and Kate using their kids as a shield for not working is dumb. They can definitely work during the school day. Every day. Do SOMETHING. Plenty of us parents work full time and manage to be parents too. They live the Life of Riley! They should give back and do their jobs... It's not like it is difficult is it?

They just don't WANT TO WORK imo. They aren't Anne.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
William and Kate using their kids as a shield for not working is dumb. They can definitely work during the school day. Every day. Do SOMETHING. Plenty of us parents work full time and manage to be parents too. They live the Life of Riley! They should give back and do their jobs... It's not like it is difficult is it?

They just don't WANT TO WORK imo. They aren't Anne.
Not sure why you have the impression they don’t ‘work’ as they clearly do?

Reactions: 15
BP opening up for year-round tours of the State Rooms is a good thing. It should be a place that feels is the Crown's AND the people's. I found it needed a lot of work and, here I'm criticizing Her Majesty, but I think she didn't do a good job as a steward of these places in her possession as long as she was sovereign. A week after we visited was when a bunch of stuff fell from the ceiling almost onto Anne's head! Y'all are paying for it - I think it should be open to the public year round unless receptions and such are being held in the State Rooms. I think the last 2 weeks have shown Charles whatever his flaws wants a more open transparent monarchy. It showed with meeting people over and over, the regular people, and their openness on social media. Well played. But he has always been a warm person and Camilla has been too.

I think his influence in art exhibitions at BP and The Queen's Gallery should continue. Open up the art collection to the public too - people can see all this amazing stuff and feel they too own it as The Royal Collection is really THE PEOPLE'S.

Balmoral afaik only the ballroom is open really?
When I went the ballroom was open but a few other rooms. It was a long time ago I went and I thought then, well that wasn’t worth the admission price.

This shows how much Charles likes Royal Deeside area

Reactions: 3
I don’t believe the Queen was mentally sharp in her final months. I was struck by how she looked during the platinum jubilee and the Paddington sketch. Just something about her eyes and facial expressions felt off to me. Not away with the fairies per se, but not quite right. If you’ve ever known a very elderly person with declining health/dementia you’ll know what I mean.
Possibly quite heavily medicated which ties in with the rumour (I think it’s likely) that she did have some sort of terminal disease, though I guess that will not be publicly disclosed.

She hasn’t looked “right” for a while but the difference between the Jubilee and the last photo with Liz Truss was very stark. God bless her.

Reactions: 21
Not sure why you have the impression they don’t ‘work’ as they clearly do?
They rarely do engagements. They aren't Anne, or Charles. They don't do much of anything at all. 1-3 times a months' royal work sounds nice though.

Reactions: 7
Honestly, ar this point what is the point of abolishing the monarchy. They are all rich anyway and won't lose much money. Many people seem to believe that they'll be richer simply by abolishing the monarchy. I spoke to someone the other day, a family member in fact, who thought we'd be better off financially without them. Erm, nah, that isn't going to be the case unfortunately.

I honestly don't know what to do with them. I am not for having them on our money or the national anthem being sung about the king. I'd rather we overhaul the anthem and money with more important british people. I do, however, think the king and prince william can be a force for good.

Reactions: 5
What’s the point of explaining what they do to someone who is clearly anti monarchy?
I'm not anti monarchy, I'm asking for accountability for a family that I contribute financially towards, that my family contributed to, that my children will contribute to. I'm entitled to do so.

Reactions: 12
I'm not anti monarchy, I'm asking for accountability for a family that I contribute financially towards, that my family contributed to, that my children will contribute to. I'm entitled to do so.
What’s your contribution? A couple of quid?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I maybe expect too much - not British, American with British family all of whom are staunch monarchists - but if I lived that life I'd make it worth while to the people who pay for me because I'd know which side my bread is buttered. That and it seems like an enormous privilege to be able to do a LOT of good things for others!

Reactions: 5
The monarchy is to some on the left what the EU was to some on the right - a mythical bad guy we're better without. And we can all see how well Brexit worked out for the latter :rolleyes:.
I saw a great thread before saying the problem with a republic is you could end up with David Attenborough or you could get Nigel Farage. And I think we all know which is most likely sadly.

Reactions: 29
The remains of Imperial Britain was buried with Her Majesty yesterday. Charles has a lot to do to keep the Monarchy going and relevant. He needs to move quickly and confidently, distractions like the Harkles and the York's need to be neutralised quickly and effectively. The snouts in the royal trough need to be culled.

Reactions: 14
Does anyone know of Harry’s book will go ahead, cancelled or postponed until later? I’m hearing so many different stories on this.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know of Harry’s book will go ahead, cancelled or postponed until later? I’m hearing so many different stories on this.
If he has one speck of sense he will scrap it. It does no good and people are weary of the Markles gripes.
Also most are disgusted at their behaviour towards his grandmother...look what came of that:cry:

Reactions: 11
I have added this book before - it’s a non sensationalist read about the real cost of the monarchy, and the extent of their private wealth. Written by a former MP and a member of the Privy Council. It also details their influence and lobbying on matters that continue to add to their wealth. It is eye opening. Charles needs to read this book, I am sure his team have, and address all the points it raises and streamline the monarchy accordingly. Apart from the pomp and circumstance of yesterday which was appropriate for the late Queen, the present day monarchy cannot continue in its present form. The Queen was aghast at the way Charles lived. She lived in grandeur but he takes it to a different level. No point in him bemoaning the lives of some of the UK people but him continuing to live in such a profligate way.

Amazon product

Reactions: 15
If he has one speck of sense he will scrap it. It does no good and people are weary of the Markles gripes.
Also most are disgusted at their behaviour towards his grandmother...look what came of that:cry:
What came of it?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.