The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me three. And Meghan had the brains and infrastructure to get him out. He likes a smart girl with her own career. She's not as smart as she thinks she is, though. Somewhere she said, or it was said of her, that she's still playing the feisty and fearless paralegal she was on "Suits".
And there is more to come. Part of Harry's four-book deal is one to be published after the Queen's death. Sounds ominous.
Four books! He is not even 40! To be honest, I don't know how this memoir will make things better with his family. In any cases, it is going to fill the press for weeks/months, every word will be analysed and many stories will be written about the books. It's like asking for more intrusion and debate about your private life. I would never if I was a public figure, especially after his experience of the press. I wonder why he does think it is a good idea.

Reactions: 10
The thing with Meghan convincing Harry to go to therapy never made sense to me. He made a whole video with Will and Kate in 2017 talking about his therapy from years ago.

Reactions: 14
I think, as their friend, it was intentionally done to make them seem good in America. But if you have any brain cells you could tell there were things that didn’t make sense. But tbf to them, most Americans don’t care.

Regarding that comment… I think it was William, based on absolutely no evidence obviously.

I remember William went to a LGBTQ+ Charity yearsssss ago and he was asked how he would feel if George was gay. He said something “I would be total accepting, and I will love him no matter what. But I would be really concerned about the press and how they would treat him”.

My theory is that he might have been worried about the press being racist towards Harry’s kids.

I completely agree. I think Harry was more keen to leave then Meghan was. And I think he craved a family that he feels he never had. He’d have been sensible to pick someone with a strong stable family around them, like Kate tbh. I think William has really benefited from her family and seeing how they are together.
I agree with everything you said. I suspect Wiliam might have clumsily said something in the ballpark of what you said just on the basis of the relationship having broken down so completely. It seems worse than Harry and Charles or his grandparents. William was also the one who cautioned against him marrying Meghan, so could have clumsily said something during a row. I have said before I think Harry wanted to leave, and Meghan was just his enabler, egging him on in his grievances instead of telling him to shut up, and they now have become each ithers' echo Chambers. I think the people who have behaved the worst are the press. They have given more and more ammunition to them, just to make money out of essentially a family breakdown, aided and abetted by the different leakers in the Royal Households. They font want a reconciliation because, frankly, without the Harry and Meghan drama, the Royals are rather dull.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I found this interesting. I guess it's normal though and similar to no footage of William and Harry during Diana's funeral?
Royal family uses veto to block footage in future coverage of Queen’s funeral (msn.com)

Is it easy to visit st George's chapel for free or is there queueing, security and advance booking. I'd like to go for a service even though I'm not religious.
You wouldn’t have to go for a religious service if you’re just looking to visit the Queen's grave if that's the reason for your visit. I think you can just walk around and look.

Reactions: 1
I honestly think the skin colour thing was no more than is he going to be a redhead with extremely pale skin or is he going to take after his mother with no sense of disparaging either outcome. Lots of families do it. A blonde parent with blue eyes and a brunette with brown eyes etc. I don’t think it was an inherently racist comment. M&H chose to interpret it as such. Obviously I don’t know the exact words used but..
They should of just said who said it or said nothing at all. Apologies for stating the obvious.

Reactions: 8
I th
What are peoples *gut feelings* about Charles as King?
As in what are you predictions?

I don't think he will abdicate because he would suffer in his mother's honour if he has to. Otherwise he would have convinced her to break protocol and let it go straight to William.

Someone (not a medium or anything just a normal person) said to me the other day she doesn't think William will ever be king. That either there will be a tragedy or a scandal so wild he couldn't possibly be king.

I love hearing people's speculations 😆
I think you are right and that he won’t abdicate. Not for some time anyway. He has waited too long to give up the throne quickly. A lot may depend on his wife though. I get the feeling that she wears the trousers in their relationship. I have always thought that his fixation with her started because he didn’t get the love he needed from his mother so found it with a (slightly) older woman. I doubt if the gruesome twosome will reign long enough or well enough to replace the Queen in the nation’s affections. The poor old boy looks doddery enough at 73. God knows what he will look like when he is 80. Hopefully he will give it a go for a couple of years just to make the wait worthwhile and then hand over to William.

• Angry
Reactions: 1
I agree with everything you said. I suspect Wiliam might have clumsily said something in the ballpark of what you said just on the basis if the relationship having broken down so completely. It seems worse than harry and Charles or his grandparents. William ws also the one who cautioned against him marrying Meghan, so could have clumsily said something during a row. I have said before I think Garry wanted to leave, and Meghan was just his enabler, egging him on in his grievances instead of telling him to shut up.
I really enjoyed the Garry typo 😂

But yeah, I agree. I essentially think he said it clumsily, I don’t think he was intending it to be racist at all. And I think Harry told Meghan when he told her William thought Harry was rushing into things, and she took it to be racist.

I think people forget that William and Harry were both the son of Diana and he death will have effected William just as much.

I don’t believe the rumours about William having affairs, because I think W’s reaction to his childhood is to provide his children with the complete opposite. He picked a wife who was from a middle class family, with parents who were still happily married, and who invited him into their family for Sunday dinners etc. he wanted a bit of normality for his children, clearly. A chance to get away from the RF life. I don’t think it fits his life decisions that we’ve seen.

W strikes me as someone who is very duty bound. I think he was very close to the Queen and has modelled himself off of her. I don’t think story’s of his galovating as a teenager were suppressed. I don’t think there were any as he wanted to be the total opposite of the destruction he witnessed growing up from both of his parents.

I think Harry, being the younger child, was protected from a lot of the tit Diana did in turn to PC. Protected by the fact he was younger and can’t remember, but also by W who carried the weight of the world on his shoulders from a very young age. D described him as her “rock”.

H idolises D, because he probably doesn’t really remember her. The world idolises her because she died young. Charles treated her badly. But she was also a dick in return. If they had posted Am I the hole threads, they would have both sucked. I totally Understand why H idolises her though, and I get why he would hate Charles and Camilla being happily married as a result.

I think H makes rash decisions and is easily swayed. He had done some pretty stupid things in his time (Nazi-gate), and worked hard to reinvent himself in his late 20’s early 30’s. I think he was jealous of W, because W had a stable family in K and her family.

I think H blames the press for his Mothers death. And I also think he blames the press for Chelsea not wanting to be with him. I think that’s why he overreacts to it all the time.

I think Meghan thought being part of the RF would be like being First Lady in America, and found herself very sadly disappointed when she had to leave her politics behind. I can imagine that must have felt very stifling to go from being a UN ambassador to finding yourself with this huge platform but not being allowed to say anything on it.

I think that is just a massive culture clash. I don’t think Meghan did anything intentionally malicious, I don’t think she married H with some game plan, but I do think she hated being second and being told what to do. I would too tbf…!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Kate had a boyfriend when she was in the fashion show. William made a move on her after the show and she turned him down.
Yes he made a move so mission accomplished and then she played hard to get PERFECT, well done to the steely and determined Middleton daughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As much as a lot of the blame for what went wrong with M and H’s relationship with the RF is laid at M’s door, the real issue is H I think. He hates his dad because he sees him and Camilla as the reason he lost his mother. He also hates the fact he is not that important hierarchy wise. Nice to have around but essentially a spare part. He is also jealous of William. He has never got over the death of his mother. He is in a sulk, although I can see why losing your mum and then seeing your dad and his mistress going on to lead happy lives would put you in one. He might feel that Wills and Kate getting on with Camilla is a betrayal of his mother. Whoever encouraged Charles to marry Diana has a lot to answer for. That unlikely relationship has had consequences that have and will continue to have a bad effect for many years to come.
I've heard that Harry hates Camilla behind the scenes. He was apparently upset when she turned his room at Highgrove into her dressing room - possibly when he didn't have a home of his own while in the army.

Reactions: 2
Agreed. But all they've got to sell is really damaging gossip -- there is some evidence Markle's racism allegation increased the chances of Jamaica's becoming a republic. I'm not sure exactly how bad that news is, if they stay in the Commonwealth. But loose lips do sink ships.
I think that’s heavily overestimating her influence. Most if not all of them will become republics or at least drop the Uk monarch as HoS in the next 20 years. This has started quite some time ago and will go on
If the rumours are true about her running for government office then she’ll have to adopt a thicker skin because the world’s press will analyse everything she says, reacts and does.
And if you look at how ugly those elections tend to get, the DailyFail&Co and internet trolls are a walk in the park. Those election wars are UGLY. Just imagine what the republicans would say and dig up

He said he only recently got therapy, I think in his 20s maybe? If the RF wasn’t so backwards and old school about keeping problems ‘within the family’ I think a lot of this could have been avoided if he (and indeed William if needed) had mental health support. The excessive drinking and partying could have been a method he used to curb his upset. He’s not in a normal family, they will do everything to protect the line so whatever William did was hushed up but Harry’s behaviour could have been used to divert attention. I mean know one really knows but this could have been a scenario.
He said in an interview that Wiliam urged him
to go to therapy as it helped him and he saw he (H) struggled - after he left the military iirc. I think that was around their Heads Together stunt.

H&M have lost almost all credibility by constantly over dramatising, being purposefully vague and straight out spouting lies. They are the boy that cried wolf at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I honestly don't remember that much racist coverage. There was the straight out of Compton headline and the exotic DNA comment but I don't know of anymore. A lot of the racist headlines in the Oprah interview were either not from British papers at all or were online comments made to look like newspaper headlines. Coverage of Meghan was overwhelmingly positive. Of course the racist ones should have been dealt with but there are procedures for that - complain to the press standards office or something. The Queen and the RF never make big statements like that. They showed support by welcoming her into the family and including her in a way that other partners were never included before marriage. I remember being really surprised at Harry's statement defending her because it seemed so at odds with the coverage that I'd seen of their relationship.

I think it's unfair to blame Edward Young for what happened. I don't think there's anyone who could have found Meghan a role in the RF that she would have been happy with.
To be fair aloof the stuff, especially in the DM, was of the nudge,nudge, wink, wink, say no more variety and the unmoderated comments were a cess pit

Reactions: 11
I think that’s heavily overestimating her influence. Most if not all of them will become republics or at least drop the Uk monarch as HoS in the next 20 years. This has started quite some time ago and will go on
I think having a mixed race princess would have changed that entirely. I think having a mixed race princess who calls the royal family racist is the kind of thing that moves exiters into the majority on any referendum. It would be like having your own inside source on what it's really like.

Reactions: 4
To be fair aloof the stuff, especially in the DM, was of the nudge,nudge, wink, wink, say no more variety and the unmoderated comments were a cess pit
Unmoderated comment sections can be brutal. How does it work regarding liability if someone says something awful on say the DM comment section?

I think having a mixed race princess would have changed that entirely. I think having a mixed race princess who calls the royal family racist is the kind of thing that moves exiters into the majority on any referendum. It would be like having your own inside source on what it's really like.
I don't think she'd have that much influence. It's a gradual shift that's well under way already. Why wouldn't these countries want to choose their own head of state. The RF doesn't really represent them even if Meghan was still involved. Even Australia has the republican debate fairly regularly and they're a lot more culturally similar to Britain than most of the commonwealth.

Reactions: 6
Unmoderated comment sections can be brutal. How does it work regarding liability if someone says something awful on say the DM comment section?

I suspect they must somehow be able to get away with allowing anything due to disclaimers or something. They have made an industry out of winding up their readers into commenting, for revenue. They do it for celebs they know they will get tons of comments about people saying more or less the same thing.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.