The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The guy who did the gorilla cartoon got sacked. It was a stupid thing to do but I think he'd been drawing loads of celebrities as gorillas and he paid for it with his job. What more could have been done??
I think the commonwealth would have naturally dropped in numbers over time anyway regardless of whether Meghan had stayed in the royal family or not. She's not important enough or high up enough in the rankings to influence a country's decision in that way. If you were in Jamaica voting on whether or not to keep the monarch as head of state would your decision really be influenced by Harry having married Meghan?? I'm Irish and I wouldn't choose to join the commonwealth even if the whole of the royal family married Irish people.

I don't fully believe the racism allegations on Oprah. Meghan and Harry gave 2 very different accounts of what happened. Meghan said it was conversations plural while she was pregnant and Harry said it was one conversation before they were even married. You wouldn't get that mixed up about the timeline of a conversation like that. I believe someone must have said something but it could have been exaggerated the same way she exaggerated the fire in Archie's room. She's lied too much and now she's not credible.

They are constantly exaggerating and dramatising things.
Tom Bower says Camilla asked Harry if his baby was going to have a ginger Afro. If this is the racism allegation that caused Meghan to leave the royal family, there are better ways to have handled it.
Camilla was caught with a golliwog doll in her possession in 2008. I think it's up to black Britons to decide how racist that is. Per Guardian link, there's a range of opinion.
It's good the gorilla cartoonist got fired, but the deficit, or question, would be whether or not the KP press infrastructure and the Queen herself should have responded to the thread of racist coverage.
It seems cataclysmic they should not have, a lost opportunity for moral leadership in UK's increasingly diverse society. I'm not sure Markle could have disciplined herself to be the commonwealth ambassador the Queen made her, or the diplomat of the crown in the Windrush scandal, but the lack of any initiative on the part of the monarchy seems a tragic non-confrontation which was sadly very much in the Queen's style.
Some people have said the private sec, Christopher Geidt, that Charles and Andrew unseated in a palace coup, could and would have handled all of this Sussex matter much more vigorously and adroitly. Finding a place for Markle and her under-employed husband.
Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 10.57.40 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Notable absence from our Aristo insider TYL since the queen’s death. I wonder if they’ll reappear after the mourning period 👀

Reactions: 2
I actually also think Andrew is innocent.
Of what? Of being a pedalo or being friends with one, unapologetically and turning a blind eye to human suffering in the process, despite having daughters the same age?

Do you have evidence either way proving him innocent or guilty?
We will never have any evidence either way, because he is being protected by the Palace and managed to avoid giving evidence in a criminal trial because iof it. He will never have to go to court to prove his innocence or otherwise.

Reactions: 9
I actually also think Andrew is innocent.
Well we will never know for sure with regard to the specific allegations by Virginia as it’s his word against hers. But, regardless, he should never have been associating with someone like Epstein. It was at the very least an appalling lack of judgement. Plus given his visits to Epstein's various properties and his attendance at parties/events organised by Epstein I simply don’t believe that Andrew was unaware of the man’ activities with young and underage girls. All in all Andrew is a very arrogant, stupid man who has been the architect of his own downfall.

Reactions: 27
He admitted to being friends with a pedophile and sex trafficker, didn’t apologise for such friendship because of the opportunities it gave him, went to see him after he was convicted for such crimes and paid off a woman who accused him of having sexual whilst she was trafficked.
Again, that doesn’t actually prove he did anything. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s beyond stupid for being friends with him, but that doesn’t prove he did something himself.

The guy who did the gorilla cartoon got sacked. It was a stupid thing to do but I think he'd been drawing loads of celebrities as gorillas and he paid for it with his job. What more could have been done??
I think the commonwealth would have naturally dropped in numbers over time anyway regardless of whether Meghan had stayed in the royal family or not. She's not important enough or high up enough in the rankings to influence a country's decision in that way. If you were in Jamaica voting on whether or not to keep the monarch as head of state would your decision really be influenced by Harry having married Meghan?? I'm Irish and I wouldn't choose to join the commonwealth even if the whole of the royal family married Irish people.

I don't fully believe the racism allegations on Oprah. Meghan and Harry gave 2 very different accounts of what happened. Meghan said it was conversations plural while she was pregnant and Harry said it was one conversation before they were even married. You wouldn't get that mixed up about the timeline of a conversation like that. I believe someone must have said something but it could have been exaggerated the same way she exaggerated the fire in Archie's room. She's lied too much and now she's not credible.

They are constantly exaggerating and dramatising things.
Yep the most inexperienced interviewer would have enquired the discrepancies in the race story. Yet Oprah said nothing. Small wonder she might have wanted that interview off the net. I am ambivalent towards H&M but that was weird

Reactions: 2
Again, that doesn’t actually prove he did anything. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s beyond stupid for being friends with him, but that doesn’t prove he did something himself.
I think being friends with a known pedophile and sex trafficker is wrong. I think paying off a random woman you’ve never met for something you never did is wrong. But others mileage may vary.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I find it interesting that the only person in jail is Ghislaine Maxwell for trafficking the girls and not any of the powerful men who paid to use them. It happened. There were obviously victims and abusers. Those facts have been proven. The rest is Witchelling but I think we can make fairly good guesses.

Reactions: 23
Tom Bower says Camilla asked Harry if his baby was going to have a ginger Afro. If this is the racism allegation that caused Meghan to leave the royal family, there are better ways to have handled it.
Camilla was caught with a golliwog doll in her possession in 2008. I think it's up to black Britons to decide how racist that is. Per Guardian link, there's a range of opinion.
I think that's totally plausible. It fits with Harry's version of events but it doesn't tally with what Meghan said. She said there were conversations while she was pregnant with Archie about how brown he might be and that it would be a problem if he were too brown. She also said that that's why Archie wasn't made a prince which is totally untrue. Whatever was said, she exaggerated it and exploited it in that interview and there's a clear pattern of her exaggerating stories to either portray herself as either a helpless victim (fire in Archie's room, how poor she was growing up, LA riots) or some kind of paragon of virtue (letter to proctor and gamble, South Africans dancing in the street at her wedding etc). Basically she's full of tit and I can't take her seriously about anything now.

Reactions: 21
I think that's totally plausible. It fits with Harry's version of events but it doesn't tally with what Meghan said. She said there were conversations while she was pregnant with Archie about how brown he might be and that it would be a problem if he were too brown. She also said that that's why Archie wasn't made a prince which is totally untrue. Whatever was said, she exaggerated it and exploited it in that interview and there's a clear pattern of her exaggerating stories to either portray herself as either a helpless victim (fire in Archie's room, how poor she was growing up, LA riots) or some kind of paragon of virtue (letter to proctor and gamble, South Africans dancing in the street at her wedding etc). Basically she's full of tit and I can't take her seriously about anything now.
I think she’s totally out her depth - this behaviour (stories not matching up) may have washed when she was an actress with a small platform but on the worlds stage you need to be consistent.

Reactions: 11
As much as a lot of the blame for what went wrong with M and H’s relationship with the RF is laid at M’s door, the real issue is H I think. He hates his dad because he sees him and Camilla as the reason he lost his mother. He also hates the fact he is not that important hierarchy wise. Nice to have around but essentially a spare part. He is also jealous of William. He has never got over the death of his mother. He is in a sulk, although I can see why losing your mum and then seeing your dad and his mistress going on to lead happy lives would put you in one. He might feel that Wills and Kate getting on with Camilla is a betrayal of his mother. Whoever encouraged Charles to marry Diana has a lot to answer for. That unlikely relationship has had consequences that have and will continue to have a bad effect for many years to come.

Reactions: 24
Yep the most inexperienced interviewer would have enquired the discrepancies in the race story. Yet Oprah said nothing. Small wonder she might have wanted that interview off the net. I am ambivalent towards H&M but that was weird
I think, as their friend, it was intentionally done to make them seem good in America. But if you have any brain cells you could tell there were things that didn’t make sense. But tbf to them, most Americans don’t care.

Regarding that comment… I think it was William, based on absolutely no evidence obviously.

I remember William went to a LGBTQ+ Charity yearsssss ago and he was asked how he would feel if George was gay. He said something “I would be total accepting, and I will love him no matter what. But I would be really concerned about the press and how they would treat him”.

My theory is that he might have been worried about the press being racist towards Harry’s kids.

As much as a lot of the blame for what went wrong with M and H’s relationship with the RF is laid at M’s door, the real issue is H I think. He hates his dad because he sees him and Camilla as the reason he lost his mother. He also hates the fact he is not that important hierarchy wise. Nice to have around but essentially a spare part. He is also jealous of William. He has never got over the death of his mother. He is in a sulk, although I can see why losing your mum and then seeing your dad and his mistress going on to lead happy lives would put you in one. He might feel that Wills and Kate getting on with Camilla is a betrayal of his mother. Whoever encouraged Charles to marry Diana has a lot to answer for. That unlikely relationship has had consequences that have and will continue to have a bad effect for many years to come.
I completely agree. I think Harry was more keen to leave then Meghan was. And I think he craved a family that he feels he never had. He’d have been sensible to pick someone with a strong stable family around them, like Kate tbh. I think William has really benefited from her family and seeing how they are together.

Reactions: 18
It's good the gorilla cartoonist got fired, but the deficit, or question, would be whether or not the KP press infrastructure and the Queen herself should have responded to the thread of racist coverage.
It seems cataclysmic they should not have, a lost opportunity for moral leadership in UK's increasingly diverse society. I'm not sure Markle could have disciplined herself to be the commonwealth ambassador the Queen made her, or the diplomat of the crown in the Windrush scandal, but the lack of any initiative on the part of the monarchy seems a tragic non-confrontation which was sadly very much in the Queen's style.
Some people have said the private sec, Christopher Geidt, that Charles and Andrew unseated in a palace coup, could and would have handled all of this Sussex matter much more vigorously and adroitly. Finding a place for Markle and her under-employed husband.
View attachment 1597564
I honestly don't remember that much racist coverage. There was the straight out of Compton headline and the exotic DNA comment but I don't know of anymore. A lot of the racist headlines in the Oprah interview were either not from British papers at all or were online comments made to look like newspaper headlines. Coverage of Meghan was overwhelmingly positive. Of course the racist ones should have been dealt with but there are procedures for that - complain to the press standards office or something. The Queen and the RF never make big statements like that. They showed support by welcoming her into the family and including her in a way that other partners were never included before marriage. I remember being really surprised at Harry's statement defending her because it seemed so at odds with the coverage that I'd seen of their relationship.

I think it's unfair to blame Edward Young for what happened. I don't think there's anyone who could have found Meghan a role in the RF that she would have been happy with.

Reactions: 5
He said he only recently got therapy, I think in his 20s maybe? If the RF wasn’t so backwards and old school about keeping problems ‘within the family’ I think a lot of this could have been avoided if he (and indeed William if needed) had mental health support. The excessive drinking and partying could have been a method he used to curb his upset. He’s not in a normal family, they will do everything to protect the line so whatever William did was hushed up but Harry’s behaviour could have been used to divert attention. I mean know one really knows but this could have been a scenario.

Reactions: 12
I honestly don't remember that much racist coverage. There was the straight out of Compton headline and the exotic DNA comment but I don't know of anymore. A lot of the racist headlines in the Oprah interview were either not from British papers at all or were online comments made to look like newspaper headlines. Coverage of Meghan was overwhelmingly positive. Of course the racist ones should have been dealt with but there are procedures for that - complain to the press standards office or something. The Queen and the RF never make big statements like that. They showed support by welcoming her into the family and including her in a way that other partners were never included before marriage. I remember being really surprised at Harry's statement defending her because it seemed so at odds with the coverage that I'd seen of their relationship.

I think it's unfair to blame Edward Young for what happened. I don't think there's anyone who could have found Meghan a role in the RF that she would have been happy with.
I think Meghan had an entirely mistaken view of what her role in the RF would be. She thought it would give her a global platform to be a spokesperson for various issues. When the reality is the Royals are not supposed to get involved with any sort of direct comment on pretty much anything. They are simply meant to turn up, smile, cut ribbons, exchange platitudes with whoever they meet, get photographed and go home. If you’re a female Royal you also get to wear a nice hat while doing all this. Harry really should have made this very clear to her but it seems either he didn’t or that he did and she thought she could change things to suit her preferences. Either way the reality of her future as wife of the Spare obviously came as very unwelcome surprise to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is it easy to visit st George's chapel for free or is there queueing, security and advance booking. I'd like to go for a service even though I'm not religious.
Yes! Like any other church services are open to the public.

I'd reccomend Evensong during the school term as their choir will most likely be singing! (actually that would be my top tip with any Cathedral or church with a choir school attached).

Reactions: 4
Notable absence from our Aristo insider TYL since the queen’s death. I wonder if they’ll reappear after the mourning period 👀
I hope so. Come back @TYL159 We need you!

I think being friends with a known pedophile and sex trafficker is wrong. I think paying off a random woman you’ve never met for something you never did is wrong. But others mileage may vary.
Certainly not as a public servant which despite their privilege is what working royals are.

Meghan was not harassed like Diana. In fact there was relatively little press coverage of her in comparison and it was more positive than negative. . If she and Harry had just rode it out and went about their work, the press would have moved on. But the pair of them totally overreacted and made the situation exponentially worse by going into battle with the media. The only thing suing the media achieves is that you make them an enemy forever who will seek out every possible bit of negative info on you. Likewise attacking the RF in public when Prince Philip was dying and the Queen’s health declining was just a massively stupid thing to do. They really are a textbook case of how not to manage your PR. They have needlessly left so much flaming wreckage behind them I’m not sure if it will ever be possible for them to be fully welcomed back into the RF, reconciled with the media and regain their previous levels of popularity with the public.
I remember when he first started seeing her and he put out this statement asking the media to stop harassing her and William backed him as they had done the same to Kate but neither of them had the same level of harassment as Diana did.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
I completely agree. I think Harry was more keen to leave then Meghan was.
Me three. And Meghan had the brains and infrastructure to get him out. He likes a smart girl with her own career. She's not as smart as she thinks she is, though. Somewhere she said, or it was said of her, that she's still playing the feisty and fearless paralegal she was on "Suits".
And there is more to come. Part of Harry's four-book deal is one to be published after the Queen's death. Sounds ominous.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.