The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t think they would make someone with advanced dementia conduct meetings with prime ministers etc.
I agree. I think she was old but not losing it. I doubt she’s been doing all the work she was, I’m sure Charles has been reading the red boxes for some time now. But I also think they wouldn’t want her to lose her dignity and the respect people had for her over the years. If she wasn’t really with it, there is no way she’d have been meeting so many people.

Reactions: 13
Yes, exactly that. I think there was a personality change and loss of inhibitions, the big beaming smile being one example. It just wasn’t like her. I think she would have been fading mentally for some time but in the end her body gave up first.
I don't really watch these ceremonies but I did think it a bit odd they way she interracted with Louis on the balcony at what was such a formal occasion.

Reactions: 1
In that case then, it is wrong to give it so much power … and begs the question who is behind the manipulation and why.
Yes of course it’s wrong that the media wields so much power but how exactly do you stop it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I really don’t think they would make someone with advanced dementia conduct meetings with prime ministers etc.
I’m not saying she had advanced dementia 🤷‍♀️ Clearly she didn’t. But I do think it’s quite likely that her mind wasn’t what it was. Perfectly natural and expected at 96.

Reactions: 6
The itv documentary was really interesting. She couldn’t zoom into the privy meeting on Wednesday as she was too unwell

• Sad
Reactions: 6
My tuppence worth.

I think Charles is spending this week of private mourning getting his ducks in a row and enacting on plans he will have been making for years.

He'll be trying to persuade H&M to return to the fold, offering them Duke & Duchess of Edinburgh and DOE award scheme to run. Which is why it's not gone to Edward & Sophie as yet.

H&M will decline, Edward & Sophie will become D&D of Edinburgh and continue as higher profile working royals.

He'll sort out the Councillors of State issue pronto. Out with Harry and Andy, in with Anne, William, Edward and ?Camilla.

W&C will be told to step up big style, much more visible, taking on more tangible things like Princes Trust.

The Kents will all be quietly retired, much thanks and recognition for their work.

Andy will have Royal Lodge taken off him and banished forever more.

There will be very clear definition of who are working royals, what they do and what is expected of them. With big PR offensive, as we saw last week. Lots of getting out there to meet the public.

One last hope is Charles will offer to personally contribute to the cost of the funeral and recognise how difficult this winter will be for his subjects. But unlikely!
Agree with much of this, but I really don’t think Harry will be given Duke of Edinburgh and as someone Edinburgh adjacent I’d be angry if he was

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Private Eye really is the only thing worth reading when it comes to the Royals. Most the mainstream media follow up their stories anyway.
But yes, it was clear from the Eye that HMQEII was gravely unwell and that her flunkeys were in massive denial. They definitely could have prepared the public better instead of ignoring the obvious. A missed opportunity, I feel, to be more open, but who knows what HMQEII was instructing them to say or not say, and when? And were her instructions kept up to date or was it left until it was too late to broach the subject? And when a person is so elderly and frail and deteriorating what is best to say? What CAN you say if they’re not fully compos mentis?
Tricky, I think.
What is also obvious from the Eye is just how assertive and considerate PW is and can be, including consulting with his father and acting as a consultee. I think when his time comes, he will be a remarkable king and global leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Agree with much of this, but I really don’t think Harry will be given Duke of Edinburgh and as someone Edinburgh adjacent I’d be angry if he was
Oh I think so, I just wonder why it's not been given to Edward and Sophie yet. Maybe lots of negotiations behinds the scenes?

I think Charles will definitely try and get some kind of compromise with H&M. Wonder if all the pomp has made them nostalgic - or want to runs for the hills.

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but if Camilla's health deteriorates (I know there are rumours due to her tremor) could/would Charles abdicate for that reason?

Reactions: 4
Yes of course it’s wrong that the media wields so much power but how exactly do you stop it?
Don’t give them the power.
if the family want to sort out family issues, let them and don’t let an on line outlet or some random YouTuber or body language expert with way too much time of their hands co troll what you want to do.

Reactions: 4
Why should she have been open about being unwell? The most private of private.

Reactions: 16
Why should she have been open about being unwell? The most private of private.
I think what commentators are saying is not being open about being unwell per se but more around preparing the public in a more considered way. The default of not saying anything seemed a little… unsympathetic I think.

Reactions: 1
Private Eye really is the only thing worth reading when it comes to the Royals. Most the mainstream media follow up their stories anyway.
But yes, it was clear from the Eye that HMQEII was gravely unwell and that her flunkeys were in massive denial. They definitely could have prepared the public better instead of ignoring the obvious. A missed opportunity, I feel, to be more open, but who knows what HMQEII was instructing them to say or not say, and when? And were her instructions kept up to date or was it left until it was too late to broach the subject? And when a person is so elderly and frail and deteriorating what is best to say? What CAN you say if they’re not fully compos mentis?
Tricky, I think.
What is also obvious from the Eye is just how assertive and considerate PW is, and can be including consulting with his father and acting as a consultee. I think when his time comes, he will be a remarkable king and global leader.
To be honest, it was fairly obvious we’d been being prepared since at least before the Jubilee.
I think she was ill, having treatment, possibly terminal but imminent demise was not anticipated (as much as it ever is when you get to 96). I’d hazard a guess that no one was specifically in denial, just that whatever is going on behind the scenes the front of house has to project an air of permanence and stability.

Reactions: 22
To be honest, it was fairly obvious we’d been being prepared since at least before the Jubilee.
I think she was ill, having treatment, possibly terminal but imminent demise was not anticipated (as much as it ever is when you get to 96). I’d hazard a guess that no one was specifically in denial, just that whatever is going on behind the scenes the front of house has to project an air of permanence and stability.
Absolutely this, I agree.

Reactions: 8
No I don’t think that needed to be disclosed. For endless speculation. Gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Good points.

The end of life pathway is a hazardous one to navigate even though we all walk that road at some point.

No I don’t think that needed to be disclosed. For endless speculation. Gross.
It won’t stop the speculation as this thread is demonstrating ☺

Reactions: 2
William said “we thought she’d have a bit more time” last week. So I do sadly think she’d been unwell for a while and they knew. He seemed accepting of whatever had been wrong with her and like he’d coke to terms with it. The Jubilee was their way of telling us HMTQ was on her way out without putting it in plain black and white text.

In terms of her not seeming to be so there could be because of illness but I have another theory. I have heard from many mediums that the souls crossing over can be gradual over some time. If this is true then sure that person won’t be here entirely.

I do agree about the palaces etc.They can live in their comfortable palaces this winter knowing they’ll be fine but the poorare going to struggle. They need to be careful. The stuff they do with charity is great but I do think there should maybe be another pot they contribute to to give money to the poorest of the poor.

I think George VI looks a lot like William here. I think it’s the jaw. Looking back at old photos to see family resemblance is fascinating.
40664E4A-AFD8-43E6-A348-D8A801D99929.jpeg

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.