The Royal Family #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to go but the fact I start work at 7am so don't want to be out late doesn't seem the best idea. I might go to the theatre on Friday and Saturday and go after the show. Might be quieter

Reactions: 2
Regardless of what happens behind the scenes, as let’s face it there’ll be plenty of good AND bad we’ll never hear about, almost 74 years of marriage isn’t something to sneer at. Whatever they did, worked for them.
It doesn’t matter how long they were married for, they were part of an institution where there was no way they could get divorced. I think a big issue is the press making out it was a beautiful fairytale when it wasn’t. Because of the Queen’s death a lot of things are being lionised, which is to be expected, but I’m not surprised that people are questioning things.

Reactions: 8
It doesn’t matter how long they were married for, they were part of an institution where there was no way they could get divorced. I think a big issue is the press making out it was a beautiful fairytale when it wasn’t. Because of the Queen’s death a lot of things are being lionised, which is to be expected, but I’m not surprised that people are questioning things.
Love is different to everyone, their marriage can't really be compared to anyone else's as they lived in such unique circumstances. I think its widely known what Philip was like, and the Queen has been open about the fact they spent a fair amount of time apart pursuing their interests. You can tell they loved each other though, you just can't fake the way they looked at each other- it just might not have been conventional. I think without being there and seeing it though it's not fair to insinuate it was abusive because there's nothing that suggests it was. A fairytale for a monarch probably is a husband who supports them as he did, can't have been easy in many respects.

Reactions: 25
Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t get the need for all of these over the top, pomp ceremonies in this day and age

Reactions: 7
This is such a whirlwind of duties and ceremonies for Charles. I doubt he's even had time to think about things.

Reactions: 16
Why do I have a feeling this will make me emotional? The king will have to hold in his emotions listening to the condolences

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Must be difficult for Charles having to sit there and listen to all the tributes without showing too much emotion

Reactions: 11
They just said on the news they’re expecting that people could have to queue for up to 30 hours to go past the coffin. I’m going to take the children to see the flowers this week, I want them to see this part of history, but I wouldn’t spend that long to walk past her coffin.
If her coffin was open it would just about be worth it, sort of. Out of a morbid fascination, but 30 hrs is ridiculous.

Reactions: 4
Love Sir Lindsay Hoyle, a great speaker and from very local to where I live.

Reactions: 12
This is a hard watch. Charles looks like he needs a good cry and a hug 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.