The Royal Family #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the Vigil of the Princes’ interesting. Does anyone have any information about it?

Reactions: 4
I find it really strange that the press are making out that the Queen and Philip’s marriage was a fairytale when it was anything but.
She kept him happy by allowing him to have a mistress, and also aides have reported that he used to treat the Queen with a lack of respect and used to call her every name under the sun - and there have been countless reports of him having fathered other children. But let’s keep the fairytale narrative going…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I find it really strange that the press are making out that the Queen and Philip’s marriage was a fairytale when it was anything but.
She kept him happy by allowing him to have a mistress, and also aides have reported that he used to treat the Queen with a lack of respect and used to call her every name under the sun - and there have been countless reports of him having fathered other children. But let’s keep the fairytale narrative going…
Regardless of what happens behind the scenes, as let’s face it there’ll be plenty of good AND bad we’ll never hear about, almost 74 years of marriage isn’t something to sneer at. Whatever they did, worked for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
What do people think about shops closing for the funeral ? I work in a jewellers and we have not heard yet. If its Bank Holiday hours we will be open 11-5 so I will miss it. I can see customers thinking it's disrespectful for us to open aswell.

Reactions: 8
It worked because divorce was a no no.
But I can't deny the way the looked at one another on camera at least looked like lurve.

Reactions: 33
What do people think about shops closing for the funeral ? I work in a jewellers and we have not heard yet. If its Bank Holiday hours we will be open 11-5 so I will miss it. I can see customers thinking it's disrespectful for us to open aswell.
I seem to remember most shops being closed for Diana’s funeral.

Reactions: 6
I think most places will either open late or stay closed. Maybe the latter as there are probably many parts to the day.

Plus the schools will be shut so many will have childcare issues too.

• Wow
Nothing has ever been proven or substantiated with any proof about his affairs have they? I doubt their marriage was perfect - whose is? They seemed to adore one another, which is what is most important.

Reactions: 32
I think it would be right for shops to close. Considering schools are off it's also hard for working parents to find last minute childcare. I'm assuming my employer will give me the day off as I've already planned an afternoon tea party. I think the only way my husband will get it off will be if the company thinks by working it would give them a negative reputation. I can guarantee they won't pay them it'll come out of people's annual leave if people have got any left.

Reactions: 5

It’s all “reported” thought and shown in the Crown which people seem to think is a documentary. Also, it’s hardly appropriate at this point to bring those things up when she was clearly devastated by his death.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Just read the guidance for those wanting to attend the lying in state at Westminster. You are not allowed to use phones inside to film etc .
and I think this is going to be quite tightly regulated as they have security all the way through. Rightfully so.

Reactions: 38
It’s weird to think about how different things are to the last time a monarch passed away - with people filming the coffin on their phones, Instagram handles being updated, all the information available online; things that didn’t exist etc when HMTQ became Queen. As someone said earlier, I don’t expect Charles will reign for long (in comparison) but how different will everyday things be the next time this happens?

Reactions: 24
Regardless of what happens behind the scenes, as let’s face it there’ll be plenty of good AND bad we’ll never hear about, almost 74 years of marriage isn’t something to sneer at. Whatever they did, worked for them.
Yes I agree. Aristocratic marriages are different. She had a lot to do as Queen, so if she accepted he was going to play around then who are we to judge? They did still seem to love and respect each other and having someone in your life from the ages of 13 to 95 and then they are gone is a bound to ge a huge shock. My parents didn't have the best of marriages. Our childhood and subsequent visits were punctuated by arguments and one slagging the other off yet they were married 50 years. He died a few months after their anniversary and my mum is devastated still and doesn't really know what to do without him there even though he spent hours out of the house most days because their relationship was so volatile.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They just said on the news they’re expecting that people could have to queue for up to 30 hours to go past the coffin. I’m going to take the children to see the flowers this week, I want them to see this part of history, but I wouldn’t spend that long to walk past her coffin.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Just read the guidance for those wanting to attend the lying in state at Westminster. You are not allowed to use phones inside to film etc .
and I think this is going to be quite tightly regulated as they have security all the way through. Rightfully so.
I would really like to go but am worried the queues are going to be so long. I rest somewhere Westminster Hall will be open for viewing 23 hours a day during those 4 days so hopefully that may help with the queues? Did anyone go to see the Queen Mother while she was lying in state?

It worked because divorce was a no no.
But I can't deny the way the looked at one another on camera at least looked like lurve.
She patently adored him, no two ways about it and he her.
I think it’s fairly well accepted he struggled when she became Queen and even though she was ‘allowed’ to marry for love they had a typical aristocratic marriage in a lot of respects.
(which is why, I think Diana not being willing to accept what they saw as the norm was such a total shock).

At the end of the day, if it works for the people involved then it’s really no one else’s business.

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.