Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cantthinkofaname2

Chatty Member
I find it really strange that the press are making out that the Queen and Philip’s marriage was a fairytale when it was anything but.
She kept him happy by allowing him to have a mistress, and also aides have reported that he used to treat the Queen with a lack of respect and used to call her every name under the sun - and there have been countless reports of him having fathered other children. But let’s keep the fairytale narrative going…
Regardless of what happens behind the scenes, as let’s face it there’ll be plenty of good AND bad we’ll never hear about, almost 74 years of marriage isn’t something to sneer at. Whatever they did, worked for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
I find it really strange that the press are making out that the Queen and Philip’s marriage was a fairytale when it was anything but.
She kept him happy by allowing him to have a mistress, and also aides have reported that he used to treat the Queen with a lack of respect and used to call her every name under the sun - and there have been countless reports of him having fathered other children. But let’s keep the fairytale narrative going…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

theGC

VIP Member
My dad served in the military for 27 years and I was fortunate enough to be around the royal family a lot at military sports events, only touching distance myself but my dad got to meet the queen a few times and my parents were selected to have dinner with Charles and Dianna. (Mum was pregnant with me at the time so I loosely claim i did too ?? lol)

I've always loved Anne, I met her lots when I was a child at the horse trials. She would have her protection with her but you could just go up and have a chat with her. My favourite memory with her is when it was sooo muddy and she just had jeans and wellies on, I tugged on her coat and asked her if she really was a princess?! She said yes, I said BUT where is your dress and tiara?! She giggled and told me princesses can wear jeans too! I was mortified and said nope, they always wear dresses and tiaras you can't possibly be a REAL princess?! She found it really funny and us kids played with her team the whole afternoon. She's absolutely lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 55

themuffinwoman

VIP Member

It’s all “reported” thought and shown in the Crown which people seem to think is a documentary. Also, it’s hardly appropriate at this point to bring those things up when she was clearly devastated by his death.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Just been to pay respects in Edinburgh (just before family came in) incredibly moving. As soon as l stepped into the Cathedral was the beautiful smell of flowers and then l fell apart when l saw Her Majesty coffin. I still can’t believe it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

zyxwvu

VIP Member
Imagine being 73 (Charles) and 75 (Camilla) years old. Losing your mother (in-law). Then having to travel back and forth across the United Kingdom, going to a million and one public events, cameras shoved in your face, crowds cheering but also silent, having to walk behind your mum's coffin... And still having days and days of this yet to go.

I don't know how they're doing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
If I were William I’d be sitting watching all of this thinking holy shit, next time it’ll be me having to cope with this whole show. Will I even have my one brother there beside me?

• Sad
Reactions: 38

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Just read the guidance for those wanting to attend the lying in state at Westminster. You are not allowed to use phones inside to film etc .
and I think this is going to be quite tightly regulated as they have security all the way through. Rightfully so.

Reactions: 38

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Can I say how much I appreciate this thread. It’s like our own community, very helpful as I’m on my own

• Heart
Reactions: 36

regularvoltaire

Don’t you all think that with sturgeons new ideas of a second referendum for independence this is a deliberate decision to show the people of Scotland how important the monarchy and, therefore, the union is? Elizabeth went to Balmoral to die because she KNEW it would mean that Edinburgh would HAVE to be involved. This is not accidental.

And I LOVE her even more for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

BigMavis

VIP Member
It worked because divorce was a no no.
But I can't deny the way the looked at one another on camera at least looked like lurve.

Reactions: 33

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Nothing has ever been proven or substantiated with any proof about his affairs have they? I doubt their marriage was perfect - whose is? They seemed to adore one another, which is what is most important.

Reactions: 32

Yel

Chatty Member
It does make you think humanity has had it's chance, and blew it.

Screenshot 2022-09-12 15.23.15.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

BonBon27

VIP Member
PUT YOUR BLOODY PHONES DOWN AND SHOW SOME RESPECT

Why is this ok??? About 4 or 5 people have bowed their heads, everyone else is filming. It’s so awful to see, no respect anymore. Not only is it a coffin, it’s the Queen for goodness sake.

• Heart

SarahGard83

VIP Member
So what if Charles looks angry and pissed off? I'm sorry but that man has just lost his mother and has had zero time to grieve.
I'm not a huge fan of him myself but give the bloke some slack. He looks absolutely broken and my heart breaks for him

• Heart

NellieBoo

VIP Member
I'm in my 50's and have watched many Royal occasions. Including Diane's funeral. These traditions happen whether we see them in real time or not. I think it's a good thing that people can dip in and out and watch the bits they like or are interested in 🙂. It's a part of our history.

One thing that always makes me cry is seeing our Armed Forces and Emergency Service Personnel rolling out utterly AMAZING, practiced routines under extreme pressure. Be it funerals, weddings, celebrations. Many of them are so young and have great responsibilities on these occasions. They do us proud and I'd like to think that The Queen wanted us to see it 🙂. I hope their Parents, family members and friends are proud of them all ❤.

I'm bracing myself for the coffin being carried on the gun carriage and pulled by Navy Ratings 😭.

• Heart
Reactions: 29