The Royal Family #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She patently adored him, no two ways about it and he her.
I think it’s fairly well accepted he struggled when she became Queen and even though she was ‘allowed’ to marry for love they had a typical aristocratic marriage in a lot of respects.
(which is why, I think Diana not being willing to accept what they saw as the norm was such a total shock).

At the end of the day, if it works for the people involved then it’s really no one else’s business.
Agree, apart from it being nobody else's business.
Whatever happened to Witchelling?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Absolutely beautiful statement by Harry. Hope he drops the word salad and speaks that that more often from now on.

Reactions: 12
I would really like to go but am worried the queues are going to be so long. I rest somewhere Westminster Hall will be open for viewing 23 hours a day during those 4 days so hopefully that may help with the queues? Did anyone go to see the Queen Mother while she was lying in state?
I would like to go too but there is no way I'm queuing for that long.
I'm wondering whether I could go up in the evening, but I'd have to make the last train home. Or very early morning like 4-5am.

Reactions: 1
I'm wondering whether I could go up in the evening, but I'd have to make the last train home. Or very early morning like 4-5am.
People are already queueing at St Giles’ Cathedral in Edinburgh and they won’t be allowed in until this evening. If that’s anything to go by, I think the London queues will be up to 30 hours like they said on the BBC.

Reactions: 5
I would like to say that I can’t understand why people would … but I’ve literally slept under a hedge to watch a bike race go past so I don’t think I’m in any position to question.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sounds like even if I went late at night I'd still be queuing til the following evening.
I think I will have to give it a miss then, unless I want to take a day off work to do it.

Reactions: 3
Harry's statement 😭😭😭
Oh my heart. I'm too emotional to deal with this 💔💔
I'm desperate to visit London tbh but as a geordie with a full time job it's not easily done. Any Londoners want to put me up???

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I would really like to go but am worried the queues are going to be so long. I rest somewhere Westminster Hall will be open for viewing 23 hours a day during those 4 days so hopefully that may help with the queues? Did anyone go to see the Queen Mother while she was lying in state?
My parents did as they were living in London at the time. Said it was really emotional. They retired overseas so wouldn’t do it this time and also they wouldn’t physically cope with how long the wait is.

Reactions: 4
Harry’s statement made my eyes leak 😢😢 I’ve always had a soft spot for him so reading it was heartbreaking.

I would like to say that I can’t understand why people would … but I’ve literally slept under a hedge to watch a bike race go past so I don’t think I’m in any position to question.
My dad used to tell us, as he made us stand in some dank ditch in the middle of Belgium, usually in a howling gale in the vain hope of possibly seeing a load of blokes in lycra zoom pass, that this was character forming.

It did prepare me for a lifetime of queuing for stuff in the rain, I’ll give him that. I think there’s less chance of anyone lobbing a bidon at me in the middle of Westminster though. Shame, they could pass out little musettes to people waiting with energy bars and a nice drink.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm so glad they have banned mobile devices . The thought of people filing passed the Queens coffin holding their phones aloft made me feel quite sick!!!
I'm off work this week so am still tempted to head down to Green Park at some point this week as I'm only an hour on the train. Is it tomorrow the Queen arrives in London? I'm trying to work out the least congestied day to go but I don't think there really is one is there?

Reactions: 14
The Harry and queen boom video is one of my favourite memories of the queen, it’s just funny and makes me giggle

My dad used to tell us, as he made us stand in some dank ditch in the middle of Belgium, usually in a howling gale in the vain hope of possibly seeing a load of blokes in lycra zoom pass, that this was character forming.

It did prepare me for a lifetime of queuing for stuff in the rain, I’ll give him that. I think there’s less chance of anyone lobbing a bidon at me in the middle of Westminster though. Shame, they could pass out little musettes to people waiting with energy bars and a nice drink.
Ah, the Belgium cobbles where you come out looking like a walking mud person.
Once managed to get just before a feeding zone and came away with 20 TdF bidons. It would have been 19 but that Banesto one was mine and I hope the other person isn’t limping any more.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I would be interested in going, but where do you go to the toilet if you're queuing for 30 hours!? Sorry to bring the tone down but it's the one thing that puts me off going.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.