The Royal Family #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone, anywhere, have any nice stories about meeting Andrew? He seems to be at Cilla Black levels of self-importance.
my colleague knew him when they served together years and years ago so he may have changed but he said he was a nice normal bloke, wasn’t treated any differently and didn’t act any different to the other guys there. But nothing specific though and that’s obvs 30+ years ago.

Reactions: 1
Sounds like they’re singing god save the Queen? Or is it the accent 😂 I really hope during the funeral they sing Queen not king

Reactions: 2
Does anyone, anywhere, have any nice stories about meeting Andrew? He seems to be at Cilla Black levels of self-importance.
A friends mum worked at an RAF base he was stationed at and he was very friendly to all the staff and they had been told they had to curtsy to him but he told them not to bother and to just call him Andy! She had nothing bad to say about him but that was back in his younger days. Maybe he got more grouchy in his old age?!

Reactions: 6
I read a New Yorker 1997 article on Princess Diana and she apparently said Andrew was the "best of the bunch". Seems like poor character judgement in light of what we now know of him, but maybe he has some charm or something.

Reactions: 4
Thought this was an incredible fact. And even more incredible is that we’ll be able to say the same about the Queen when George takes over. She will have met 7 monarchs (including herself).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I am sure many of you have been doing some research about the royals the past few days. I thought I would share the original National Anthem.
ECA8F8A0-E0C3-4DD1-8844-2D662E49421C.jpeg

I dont finish until 4 so wont get there until 5. What time will they pass by
The plane lands at Northolt at 6:55pm and arrives at Buckingham Palace for the final time at about 8pm.

to be honest I haveno idea how HMTK is still standing. I am emotionally exhausted and I’ve only been watching on tv so far with a visit to Windsor and Buckingham Palace between.

Reactions: 5
Is the crown worth a watch or not. ?
I didn’t enjoy it. Very dramatised. I often googled an event they would dramatise and it was nothing like they portrayed it. They also had the queen play very cold and standoffish and portrayed her relationship with Charles as if she hated him!

Reactions: 4
I’ve noticed the past few days a lot of people not bowing or curtseying to the new King and Queen. Am I just old fashioned (I’m 51)? I feel it’s disrespectful but maybe it’s the modern way?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.