The Royal Family #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think all her children will do, plus male grandchildren & possibly her cousins.

I think I saw the procession to the abbey is just from Westminster though so much shorter than the route Diana’s took from St James Palace.

Be interesting to see what they wear as Andrew wanted to wear his military uniform to Phillip’s but was refused so none of them wore uniforms but then that was a lot smaller and not a state occasion.
Yes these kind of situations cause a headache. If Charles is sensible he will say no to Andrew

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think all her children will do, plus male grandchildren & possibly her cousins.

I think I saw the procession to the abbey is just from Westminster though so much shorter than the route Diana’s took from St James Palace.

Be interesting to see what they wear as Andrew wanted to wear his military uniform to Phillip’s but was refused so none of them wore uniforms but then that was a lot smaller and not a state occasion.
I think after all that fuss the queen would have nailed all this down

Reactions: 3
They’re passing very near to us, my husband said he might like to go. The same husband who said on seeing a clip of William and Harry looking at flowers at Balmoral after Diana died, “Aye Wills, bet you didn’t think you’d end up bald did you” 🤦🏻‍♀️
I'll see him on the front of the P&J too then! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They’re passing very near to us, my husband said he might like to go. The same husband who said on seeing a clip of William and Harry looking at flowers at Balmoral after Diana died, “Aye Wills, bet you didn’t think you’d end up bald did you” 🤦🏻‍♀️
I noted how good his hair was then as well .... I look at my sons gorgeous locks in the same way, it will come to him as well. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just watching the cricket and they are singing God save the king. Errgghh, wish they could change the national anthem for England. So irritating we get stuck with that anthem while the other nations have different anthems. Ridiculous.
I’d normally agree with you - but I’ve just sobbed at the St James rendition, so it’s okay for a bit :cool:

Ive never been a fan of God Save the King/Queen either. An anthem should be rousing and uplifting, but it’s a dirge. I think now may be the time to think about changing it.

That bought a tear to my eye and I felt so proud to be British. Watching my dad, a veteran who’s been torn up by the queens passing, whisper all the commands and tell me what they’re doing gave me goosebumps.
I do believe Charles will make a great king 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I personally really like the anthem it makes me feel very patriotic and proud to be part of our nation.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't work Mondays but if it's a bank holiday that means my kid's school will close and I won't get to watch the funeral in peace. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 11
How amazing to be able to witness all this? It kind of feels surreal. I can't stop watching the tv. Husband doesn't get why I'm gripped but I've told him to shut up!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Also very surreal to think that none of us on here will have a queen again. (Yes obviously camilla, Kate and George’s future wife, but we’ll never sing god save our queen :(

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I dunno if I’m just imagining things but is the lady speaking through most of this did she not run for prime minister recently??

Reactions: 10
Still way behind but genuinely why IS Cameron in a blue suit and everyone else in black? Are they just advised to wear dark colours - I thought they’d all be in black though?

Reactions: 7
How amazing to be able to witness all this? It kind of feels surreal. I can't stop watching the tv. Husband doesn't get why I'm gripped but I've told him to shut up!
Same here! I keep saying to my husband "we're witnessing history here!" But he keeps rolling his eyes at me!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I dunno if I’m just imagining things but is the lady speaking through most of this did she not run for prime minister recently??
Yes Penny Mordant did.

Yes these kind of situations cause a headache. If Charles is sensible he will say no to Andrew
I think he is prepared to do his own thing if we believe Edward should be Duke of Edinburgh (as per both the Queen and Phillip’s wish) but nothing has happened there due to Charles resistance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Baby finally asleep so can fast forward and catch up. Got emotional when Charles came in and William now has to bow his head to him.

Gosh 😭

Also I am watching a version without any commentary so I don’t really have any clue what is happening haha. My husband isn’t bothered either and I can’t stop watching. It feels very historic.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.