Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
Honestly I know I’ve said this already and I’m not actually suggesting she did plan it, but it couldn’t have been more perfect if it were planned, could it?

Doing her duty with a smile until the very end.
That last photo in front of the fireplace will be how she’s remembered.

Seemingly quickly and unexpectedly (age aside), in the privacy of Balmoral.

Harry already in the UK.

Then the amazing rainbows above Balmoral, Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle.

Now the weather cleared this week for the journey and the crowds.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

mickeycat

Chatty Member
I wonder if members will walk behind the coffin. Anyone going to the mal or abbey on the day?
I live an hour or so away from Balmoral so I'm considering going somewhere to see the cortege pass on the way south. Never would have imagined I'd ever want to do something like that but it's so close by and such a big historic moment. I draw the line at wailing and throwing roses however.
(Cue a mortifying photo of me in local paper getting caught up in the emotion, wailing and throwing roses)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
I just saw that procession pass… her coffin is so tiny. I feel really upset now. I’m not a big monarchy fan, but it’s all so bloody sad. Everyone was so quiet as she passed and then there was a nice normal round of applause. God almighty, it’s surreal all this. Really bloody surreal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45

sohomum

Apologies if this has been said but I’m interested to know what you all think.
Does anyone else think it’s really rude and also very weird to see everyone filming the Queen’s coffin going past? Like a sea of mobile phones in the air. I was watching some people earlier struggling to clap because their phones were in the way.
Now this is coming from someone who has 70,000 photos on my phone so I am absolutely guilty of taking way too many photos when I should be enjoying the moment. But how can you really pay your respects to the Queen when you are so busy looking through your phone screen and recording it? I also think it must be so awful for Anne in the car behind as it must appear to be thousands of mindless robots all staring at their phones and holding them in the air? I get that seeing the Queen’s coffin is a major historical moment so understand the urge to take a photo, but I also get really strong Black Mirror vibes when I see the footage of the crowds. I’ve never really noticed it much before but it was the same when Charles was doing his walk around on Friday. Constant phones in his face and his protection officer actually having to tell people to put them down. Have we all gone totally mad and forgotten how to be human? 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 45

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
I love that there's someone from the Palace who has to organise things like this and make sure they're carried out

It's so stupid but in an amusing harmless way
It’s not just a Royal thing either. It’s a really old tradition that anyone who owns bees must tell them of all important life events in the family. Especially births/deaths. 🐝

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Lilu22

VIP Member
I just want to scream “Put your phones away!”. Take in the moment and pay your respects without flashing a camera

• Heart
Reactions: 39

WritersBlock

Urgh. It’ll not be 48 hours before the tabloids start being snippy towards Harry and Meghan. Let’s not forget that Harry has made perfectly clear his loathing for the Scum and Daily Hate Mail which is partly why they treat him so appallingly.

The attitude from those corners of the media is ‘if you’re not with us you’re against us’.

Siblings fall out or grow apart all the time. Everyone is entitled to live their life how they want. No one deserves the amount of shit those boys have been given throughout their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Eli_99

God no amount of money or status could make me go around smiling and shaking hands 2 days after the death of a loved one.

Truly a life of service and duty that none of us will ever comprehend.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
It’s annoying me that I’m seeing Harry and Meghan fans picking at the fact that Meghan and Harry were holding hands when walking and Kate and William weren’t. It’s insane. Do they really think they’re making Harry happy when his grandmother has just died? Harry and Meghan haters are insane but so are their fans.
The Senior royals rarely hold hands as I don’t think the Queen thought it was appropriate when it’s a royal visit etc.

I do remember seeing Charles and Camilla holding hands at her brothers funeral which I found sweet and there’s been a couple of times Kate and William have held hands which also seems sweet but I do find it cringe that H&M do it all the time and especially when it’s a royal event.

Reactions: 34

Princessax

VIP Member
She’s just passed me in Aberdeen. The streets were full it was so lovely to see so many people showing their respects. Poor Anne and her husband behind the car :( can’t imagine how she’s feeling. I’m so glad I managed to see this part of history, although so sad it’s real 😔.

also those asking about them stopping; they’re stopping at Brechin for a comfort break.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

barre19

Chatty Member
I just want to scream “Put your phones away!”. Take in the moment and pay your respects without flashing a camera
THIS. I hate this obsession people have with proving to others that they were there, how will their footage be any different to what the tv cameras catch? Stop obsessing about documenting the moment and BE in the moment instead 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 33

theGC

VIP Member
That bought a tear to my eye and I felt so proud to be British. Watching my dad, a veteran who’s been torn up by the queens passing, whisper all the commands and tell me what they’re doing gave me goosebumps.
I do believe Charles will make a great king 🤍

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Ayesha Hazarika said that the Queen’s last gift to Scotland is showing the world just exactly why she loved it so much 🥺 ❤

• Heart