The Royal Family #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Charles will be a good King.

I also think George and Charlotte will attend the funeral. I suspect they have a private family funeral/service that we don’t know about so the state funeral will just be another event for them without all the emotion of a private funeral.

I think Louis is still too young to be safe bet for such a long (probably very boring) event. Much harder to remove a tit-fitting 5 year old from a state funeral than a concert! (I have a five tear

Reactions: 15
I’m suggesting they should bring in Major Johnny for an interview at the studio

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I wonder if members will walk behind the coffin. Anyone going to the mal or abbey on the day?
I live an hour or so away from Balmoral so I'm considering going somewhere to see the cortege pass on the way south. Never would have imagined I'd ever want to do something like that but it's so close by and such a big historic moment. I draw the line at wailing and throwing roses however.
(Cue a mortifying photo of me in local paper getting caught up in the emotion, wailing and throwing roses)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Just watching the cricket and they are singing God save the king. Errgghh, wish they could change the national anthem for England. So irritating we get stuck with that anthem while the other nations have different anthems. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 7
Did I head them saying they are making the day of the funeral a bank holiday? That will make them happy over on mumsnet as they will have to arrange their very important lives around it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I think the plan is for this, but who knows if they make changes? I should think soon we'll have full breakdowns of how the day will play out.
I think all her children will do, plus male grandchildren & possibly her cousins.

I think I saw the procession to the abbey is just from Westminster though so much shorter than the route Diana’s took from St James Palace.

Be interesting to see what they wear as Andrew wanted to wear his military uniform to Phillip’s but was refused so none of them wore uniforms but then that was a lot smaller and not a state occasion.

Reactions: 9
19th is my 14yo’s birthday. He’ll be pretty pleased if it’s that day as he’ll get a day off school and get to sit and watch history too.

Reactions: 6
I live an hour or so away from Balmoral so I'm considering going somewhere to see the cortege pass on the way south. Never would have imagined I'd ever want to do something like that but it's so close by and such a big historic moment. I draw the line at wailing and throwing roses however.
(Cue a mortifying photo of me in local paper getting caught up in the emotion, wailing and throwing roses)
They’re passing very near to us, my husband said he might like to go. The same husband who said on seeing a clip of William and Harry looking at flowers at Balmoral after Diana died, “Aye Wills, bet you didn’t think you’d end up bald did you” 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.