The Royal Family #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree about all the phones. If people want to watch it back it’ll be on the internet FOR EVER! Just watch that and it’ll be far better than the back of someone’s head in front of you. Why can’t people just be present in the moment? The same people who say “I just wanted to be part of this historical occasion”. So be part of it then! 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 20
I despise the use of phones on occasions such as these and agree that it is all a bit Black Mirror. And it was people of all ages doing it. It makes me sad to see how we are fast becoming a people who see life through a lens and have to record every single moment. Grim.

It reminds me of when I visited Auschwitz-Birkenau and people were taking photos and selfies, including ones under the entrance gates. I mean what the actual duck? Taking photos was the last thing I wanted to do.
It’s so messed up isn’t it. If it was a family member or a friend’s coffin, would anyone be taking their phone out to film it going past? I doubt it. All anyone seems to care about is the bragging factor of being there rather than actually wanting to create a memory or be respectful.
I’ve seen a few people posting videos of the coffin on their Instagram stories and it really gives me the ick. Someone has died man give it a rest.

Reactions: 13
I’m addicted to my phone but no way would I film a coffin!
We were always taught to bow our heads at a coffin from a very young age. We lived near a church and still do and will always bow our heads out of respect. I just can’t think why anyone would ever think to film it.

Reactions: 15
We were always taught to bow our heads at a coffin from a very young age. We lived near a church and still do and will always bow our heads out of respect. I just can’t think why anyone would ever think to film it.
But how would people know you cared if you don’t have a cortège selfie or a sad trombone laying flowers avatar? Got to at least make a competitive caring effort.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I despise the use of phones on occasions such as these and agree that it is all a bit Black Mirror. And it was people of all ages doing it. It makes me sad to see how we are fast becoming a people who see life through a lens and have to record every single moment. Grim.

It reminds me of when I visited Auschwitz-Birkenau and people were taking photos and selfies, including ones under the entrance gates. I mean what the actual duck? Taking photos was the last thing I wanted to do.
It makes me so sad that people do that. I remember going to the 9/11 Memorial and I took photos of the waterfalls but both me and my friend said we didn’t want to take photos of ourselves there as it felt inappropriate. No way would I dream of taking a selfie at a place where so many had lost their lives.

Same with the coffin. I assume when she is lying in state, cameras/phones won’t be permitted?

Reactions: 6
It makes me so sad that people do that. I remember going to the 9/11 Memorial and I took photos of the waterfalls but both me and my friend said we didn’t want to take photos of ourselves there as it felt inappropriate. No way would I dream of taking a selfie at a place where so many had lost their lives.

Same with the coffin. I assume when she is lying in state, cameras/phones won’t be permitted?
Taking selfies at the 9/11 memorial is so messed up.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.