The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A uti can be quite serious for older people. My nan was in hospital with one a few years ago. PP is always going into hospital and leaving just absolutely fine so I hope that's the case this time

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
. Ge walked in under his own steam so it's possible that he has had something that just won't clear up and the doctors are taking no chances at his age. He's also made it clear that he doesn't want big fuss of his centenary or his funeral, just a private family funeral. It's probably his pure bloody mindedness that keeps him going!
Wasn’t there talk that he had bladder issues a while back? I seem to recall he had been hospitalised for a UTI a few years ago.

I’m pretty sure at 99 the plumbing isn’t all it used to be!
[/QUOTE]

He had a bladder infection after the cold and rainy Jubilee.
I am still amazed that TQ stood at the front of the boat for all of it, it must have been so cold and uncomfortable. I really admired her for it

Reactions: 6
My husbands grandfather is 98. He has regularly had to go into hospital with utis. They are serious for older people and cause dementia type symptoms.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
There was no way H and M could or should return. They have both behaved in a completely disrespectful way to the Queen.
How have they disrespected thd Queen? I'm sure her sex predator of a son gives her enough heartache hiding behind her

• Heart
Reactions: 28
How have they disrespected thd Queen? I'm sure her sex predator of a son gives her enough heartache hiding behind her
Throwing the patronages such as the one for the National theatre quite literally in the her face for a start. Trying to have their cake and eat it. Oprah would not be interested in interviewing them if it weren’t for the Queen and the Royal Family.

Reactions: 11
Throwing the patronages such as the one for the National theatre quite literally in the her face for a start. Trying to have their cake and eat it. Oprah would not be interested in interviewing them if it weren’t for the Queen and the Royal Family.
People would complain that they kept them even though they aren't part of the family anymore. They can never win!

Reactions: 9
What Andrew has done is disgusting. He should never be able to carry out engagements again and to be honest should not be allowed to live in grace and favour accommodation and have the perks he has always enjoyed.

But I was making the point about Harry and Meghan. They cannot come back in the fold and I do feel they have been immensely disrespectful to the Queen.

We only have life so everyone has the right to live it they way they choose to, yes I'm sure H&M made mistakes but they were always going to upset the rest of the RF. I would imagine Randy Andy's antics must have caused HMQ more distress and upset.

Reactions: 9
What Andrew has done is disgusting. He should never be able to carry out engagements again and to be honest should not be allowed to live in grace and favour accommodation and have the perks he has always enjoyed.

But I was making the point about Harry and Meghan. They cannot come back in the fold and I do feel they have been immensely disrespectful to the Queen.
They don't want to - that's why the statement was released today.

I don't think it's disrespectful to the Queen - I think she'd rather they give them up then do them half-arsed from America or wherever they want to live and as I said above she surely has bigger things to be worrying about. I think they've done some shady things but the fact that people constantly spit venom about them when there is an actual SEX PREDATOR in the family and that's brushed under the carpet by commenters on here and in the media is beyond me.

Reactions: 17
Haven't they (Harry and Meghan) just left the firm, which is a business arrangement really. They are still members of the family. I'm not surprised he wanted out, I think it was on the cards pre his marriage. Perhaps some individuals think he should have waited until the queen died to do this, maybe they're right. But once she dies the monarchy will never be the same anyway, times up.

Reactions: 15
Not really a surprise to anyone.

They feel hard done by in the RF. I'm so bored of hearing about those two. They want to be celebs in LA, I really don't know how anyone can buy into them wanting privacy and how they've been let down bla bla bla - she's doing an Oprah interview and he was on an open top tour bus with James bloody Cordon! Cya! Don't let the door hit them on the way out!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
All 3 can be disrespectful, they’re two different stories. If we set the bar at pedophile that gives a lot of room for people to be awful without being called out on it.

Reactions: 16
Haven't they (Harry and Meghan) just left the firm, which is a business arrangement really. They are still members of the family. I'm not surprised he wanted out, I think it was on the cards pre his marriage. Perhaps some individuals think he should have waited until the queen died to do this, maybe they're right. But once she dies the monarchy will never be the same anyway, times up.
I think in this case Harry should have left before he had the big Royal (!) wedding and his new wife got patronages.

No, I think they initially wanted to be in, ideally with a "twist".
Then they realised that they couldn't do what they wanted and that they were unpopular and left.
And my guess is that TQ gently pushed them before they went on this "sabbitical" after the Africa interview. But because they didn't like to be pushed and wanted things their way they tried to force TQ's hand by announcing their "manifesto" prematurely, which backfired as TQ wouldn't have it.

I agree though that after TQ the monarchy will not be the same. Nobody can fill her shoes.

I genuinely hope Harry and Meghan get the happiness they are seeking. No issue with them choosing commercial projects etc. However whilst they have titles and receive money from the taxpayer directly or through Charles then they will always attract criticism.

Reactions: 11
I’m glad they’ve been cut off - this half in half our business wasn’t good for them, the Royals or the people at their patronages. Yes it will be a new life for Harry and not one he wanted (he didn’t want to give up the military aspect) but unfortunately you don’t always get what you want. He lives in a big house, he has a lovely son and a new child on the way - I hope he realises how blessed he is.

I wonder why TQ took away their patronages six weeks early. The review period is up end of March... There must be a reason for this.
I believe it has something to do with the Oprah interview. So she wanted to cut ties properly before it aired.

But I wonder why she didn't take the titles. There must also be a reason for this.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.