The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having your life paid for, homes paid for, wardrobe paid for. Why would they go out and make their own money? Everything is handed to them on a golden plate. The Royal Family hardly have the best worth ethic, maybe except for Anne, who I believe has done the most engagements every year for the last few years. The likes of Kate & Wills practically do the bare minimum in comparison and still reap in the benefits.
The price you pay for having these comforts is less freedom and being stuck in whichever position you were born into.

If you prefer to make your own luck you can leave.

Actually not a bad position to be presented with.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else want the British royal family gone? I hate them so much!
It seems to be a taboo to suggest this.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think the RF will change enormously in the coming years. There is a huge amount of affection and respect for Queen Elizabeth that I don't think will be extended towards Charles. Or Workshy William.

Reactions: 15
Why do you hate them?

i have the impression that many people consider them to be redundant / irrelevant
I dont hate them. I think the institution of the monarchy is infantalising for us as a nation and they are irrelevant though. Their onlly value is as a soap opera to the nation and they know it.

Ok, but they could leave and live an independent life, like Harry, if they don’t find it fulfilling.

Or they could stay in the BRF fold and support the monarch, knowing they will never get the top job.
Like in a company where essentially everyone supports the top boss.
Princess Margaret chose to stay, she didn’t marry her first love and agreed to give up the title - which she was offered. She wanted to stay in and support the monarchy and have the title and privilege.
They could, I agree, but they dont. They would rather moan and whine about how hard their lives are, but when push comes to shove, none of them are brave enough to make it on their own, probably because they know full well that eventually, they will have to try and make a living.

Having your life paid for, homes paid for, wardrobe paid for. Why would they go out and make their own money? Everything is handed to them on a golden plate. The Royal Family hardly have the best worth ethic, maybe except for Anne, who I believe has done the most engagements every year for the last few years. The likes of Kate & Wills practically do the bare minimum in comparison and still reap in the benefits.
I suppose when you have no real problems, every tiny thing becomes major. How can 3 of the Queens 4 children not hold a marrage together? Thats a higher divorce rate than the general population, when one of the most common reasons for divorce is arguments over money. Their minor problems are massive to them because they don't have any major ones. They don't even have to dress themselves in the morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Think it's a bit of a stretch to say Harry and Meghan are independent. They got the Netflix deal on the back of the fact that he's a grandson of the Queen. Is Harry a creative guy? Can he write a show? Or is he just going to do VO's for Documentaries with Meghan?

Reactions: 14
Think it's a bit of a stretch to say Harry and Meghan are independent. They got the Netflix deal on the back of the fact that he's a grandson of the Queen. Is Harry a creative guy? Can he write a show? Or is he just going to do VO's for Documentaries with Meghan?
But its Netflix's money. Not anyone else's. How else is he going to make money? Peter Phillips does adverts on the back of the same thing. He cant go back into the Army with no security. He'll have a target on his back. So he's not independent but hes using the only thing he has to earn a living. I think they were idiots to leave and they should have stick it out but stuck it out for their own benefit, which is why they all stick it out. Them leaving doesnt deserve the rampant hatred of Meghan in particular. It harms no one but themselves.

Reactions: 10
I dont hate them. I think the institution of the monarchy is infantalising for us as a nation and they are irrelevant though. Their onlly value is as a soap opera to the nation and they know it.

They could, I agree, but they dont. They would rather moan and whine about how hard their lives are, but when push comes to shove, none of them are brave enough to make it on their own, probably because they know full well that eventually, they will have to try and make a living.

I suppose when you have no real problems, every tiny thing becomes major. How can 3 of the Queens 4 children not hold a marrage together? Thats a higher divorce rate than the general population, when one of the most common reasons for divorce is arguments over money. Their minor problems are massive to them because they don't have any major ones. They don't even have to dress themselves in the morning!
I’m not sure what divorce rates have got to do with it? Does getting divorced reflect who they are as people?
One of them wasn’t allowed to marry who they wanted and I’m not the biggest royal fan so don’t know the facts but I’m wouldn’t surprise me if the other two had to as well. As people always say money doesn’t make you happy I’m sure having their lives scrutinised, following the family ‘rules’ and traditions put more of a pressure on their marriage than worrying about paying the bills.

Reactions: 3
I’m not sure what divorce rates have got to do with it? Does getting divorced reflect who they are as people?
One of them wasn’t allowed to marry who they wanted and I’m not the biggest royal fan so don’t know the facts but I’m wouldn’t surprise me if the other two had to as well. As people always say money doesn’t make you happy I’m sure having their lives scrutinised, following the family ‘rules’ and traditions put more of a pressure on their marriage than worrying about paying the bills.
Divorce does reflect who you are as a person. You picked some to marry or you accepted a marriage proposal and for whatever reason couldn't stick it out for the longhaul. It is a part of one's life that you have some control over so yes it is a reflection on you... Charles grand uncle married whom he loved rather than become king. Charles so wants to be king he married a young, silly girl and almost helped to ruin her life for the sake of a privileged position. That says a lot about him.

• Wow
Shouldn't Harry get a refund on the renovations he did too?
maybe there was a deal so he doesn't from his pocket or at least not the whole sum (British people would have a lot to say if a fully newly renovated house was empty while many are struggling, maybe Q ordered E to move there

Ok, but surely this wasn’t the only property nearby?

I would have preferred to have my own home, decorate it as I want, etc

Could Jack not simply purchase a nice house for his family? I don’t know if he had any money. Does he trade in Tequil?
I don't think that this is permanent, it is more for a baby and than there is corona so H&M cannot and won't travel so for the time being they are close to both grandparents and have their own privacy and no need to hassle for a new house, the cottage is not empty, H&M have a good PR and everyone is happy

Divorce does reflect who you are as a person. You picked some to marry or you accepted a marriage proposal and for whatever reason couldn't stick it out for the longhaul. It is a part of one's life that you have some control over so yes it is a reflection on you... Charles grand uncle married whom he loved rather than become king. Charles so wants to be king he married a young, silly girl and almost helped to ruin her life for the sake of a privileged position. That says a lot about him.
I’m not sure I would agree you can apply that logic to every marriage and divorce. Yes people should take seriously the vows they say and work to make the marriage work but sometimes it doesn’t work out. Sometimes it’s down to cheating, money, life or people just grow apart. I don’t think that then reflects badly on the person unless they did something bad
I think it was different with his uncle the person he wanted to be with hadn’t gone and married someone else. Maybe if Camilla wasn’t married Charles would have pushed harder to marry her who knows 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Also trying to discredit her interview, making out she was manipulated and didn’t know what she was saying.
The rewriting of history is really being pressed with regards to Charles and Diana, Wills is happily joining in to make his mother seem unstable and paranoid.
Lovely.
Wiliams position is difficult but he needs to do it in order to save his own and his sons' sons asses, if people disapprove of Charles once he is a king (any time soon) it is quite possible that monarchy will dissolve before William reaches the trone, so now they all need to push with the same rope, weather you like it or not, his mother is underground but they are still very much alive and they eminent future, their comfortable livelihood is in stake

But are t the siblings of the monarch, the spares, expected to support the monarch/ the monarchy?

Like Anne for example?
yes and since H&M didn't feel like doing it, they were nicely pushed aside

Well its a drama that seems to fit pretty closely to the actual words of one party. I agree that it seems so far to be very sympathetic to Diana but she was a child when she married. Im not sure how much more sympathetic they can be to Charles without blaming the larger Royal Family, or wondering why, if she was mentally unstable, they seemngly did nothing to help her. In any case, mental instability isnt a character flaw, its a lot of the time a result of your upbringing/ circumstance. Her family were cruel and didnt care about her unless it was as Princess of Wales and the Royals did nothing about a young girl who was struggling was living under their roof vanishing in front of their eyes.
the thing is, it was a very different times back then, now you think of mental issues as something what can and should be helped and supported, back then they showed them into asylum (as can be seen with cousins). Now everything is viewed differently, before the king could have affrairs now he is unsupportive husband, bad boys could have been bad boys but wifes had to sit at home politely waiting for them to return, andrew got away with his antics, now ppl want him hanging, before Diana was unstable because maybe she was born that way, now people know who made it happen (one can go on an on) - not a good PR if you ask me

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Jesus Christ, we're in the 21st century. Fair enough if that's your views but I totally disagree. IMO, divorce doesn't define someone and it's more common than not nowadays. People change and relationships change, the person you marry could turn out completely different in 5,10,15 years down the line, doesn't mean the person didn't love them or want to marry them but living with them has become unbearable. Even the most deeply religious of Catholics agree to divorce nowadays.

Agreed. Those two wouldn't even be in the states if it wasn't for Prince Charles' money. Him and the Duchy Estate funded it. Why else are they still calling eachother by their royal titles. They know they've cocked up.

Reactions: 9
Very sad news about Meghan and Harry losing their baby. Regardless of my views about the RF I really feel for them .

The older I get the more ridiculous I realize the monarchy is. Fair play to Harry and Meg for skidaddling out of there. The whole thing is nuts.
I agree, but the problem is that they haven’t handled it well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Very sad news about Meghan and Harry losing their baby. Regardless of my views about the RF I really feel for them .

I agree, but the problem is that they haven’t handled it well.
yes, it is sad news.
I just wish that she wouldn’t have written this article.
I understand that her aim allegedly boss to bring awareness to the topic, but I think there are also a few factors that contributed to her decision to write this piece that don’t work in her favor.

firstly, she always claimed that she wanted privacy and she even has a claim in high court about a published letter. Now she is sharing intimate details and one of the biggest newspapers in the world.
Secondly, she makes reference to the interview given in South africa, and her comment about not being OK. What has this got to do with it?
This makes it seem like she wanted to use the opportunity to rectify the backlash she received by making this comment in a poor country despite a privileged background.
Unfortunately this all makes it come across as a bid for sympathy and a PR piece and this takes away the vulnerability in sharing this tragedy and deflects from it.

Reactions: 22
yes, it is sad news.
I just wish that she wouldn’t have written this article.
I understand that her aim allegedly boss to bring awareness to the topic, but I think there are also a few factors that contributed to her decision to write this piece that don’t work in her favor.

firstly, she always claimed that she wanted privacy and she even has a claim in high court about a published letter. Now she is sharing intimate details and one of the biggest newspapers in the world.
Secondly, she makes reference to the interview given in South africa, and her comment about not being OK. What has this got to do with it?
This makes it seem like she wanted to use the opportunity to rectify the backlash she received by making this comment in a poor country despite a privileged background.
Unfortunately this all makes it come across as a bid for sympathy and a PR piece and this takes away the vulnerability in sharing this tragedy and deflects from it.
I think it’s good she’s written the article. Whatever your view is on her, so many people have suffered alone during lockdown with loss. And baby loss is still a subject that makes people very uncomfortable. Normalise talking about it. It’s a subject no women should have to shy away from.

I think it’s good she’s written the article. Whatever your view is on her, so many people have suffered alone during lockdown with loss. And baby loss is still a subject that makes people very uncomfortable. Normalise talking about it. It’s a subject no women should have to shy away from.
Ok, I see that.

But was it really necessary to mention the SA interview? And give insight into her morning routine despite insisting on privacy?
There would have been a way wo wry it’s about it that did not smell like “PR”.

Ok, I see that.

But was it really necessary to mention the SA interview? And give insight into her morning routine despite insisting on privacy?
There would have been a way wo wry it’s about it that did not smell like “PR”.
Because how often do people genuinely ask if you are ok?
I’m open with my friends that I mentally I have a lot going on right now as I have close friends. Only one has asked if I am actually ok. Again people are scared of the answer they may get.

I’m open with my friends that I mentally I have a lot going on right now as I have close friends. Only one has asked if I am actually ok. Again people are scared of the answer they may get.
You know, if people are afraid of an honest answer it might because they are so overwhelmed themselves that they are simply unable to handle more or to handle the distress of a friend.

It's also possible that some people think it's over-stepping and being too painful to ask.
Genuine people (friends, family) should show concern and that they care, but it can be such a mixed bag and a complete minefield.
Some people flip because they are asked constantly, others feel like no one asks them... 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.