The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely that’s the same for most threads on here though? E.g. Hinch, Jack Monroe, Philip Schofield, etc. - all opinions on people we’ve never met?
Agreed but as someone else has said it really is another level on that thread.

Reactions: 7
Can Megan and Harry ever win?? People were complaining beforehand that the house was empty etc and now they've given/loaned it to Eugene and her husband people are still complaining!
I've not seen anyone complain that they're giving Frogmore to them? Seems an odd complaint.

Reactions: 5
All, I think it's best to not comment on other threads to keep this on topic. If you've got concerns with another thread hit report to let us deal with it :)

Reactions: 10
Well Frogmore is empty and those two spoiled brats won't be returning to England any time soon so it makes sense for them to move in, make use of the renovation.

I wonder if the Queen will have the same attitude towards divorce for Meghan and Harry as she seemingly did for Charles & Diana.
I've not seen anyone complain that they're giving Frogmore to them? Seems an odd complaint.
Calling them spoilt isn't a complaint? Also wishing divorce on a couple who you know nothing about is cruel.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Calling them spoilt isn't a complaint? Also wishing divorce on a couple who you know nothing about is cruel.
So you've obviously got a problem with me calling them spoilt yet you're saying I'm complaining about them giving their house up when my post was quite obviously not a complaint? I also don't see where I've wished divorce on them either?? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Netflix has played a blinder to counteract all the complaints. Theres a programme that comes up as soon as I put Netflix on called Diana in her own words, which is a transcript of the actual interviews she gave to Andrew Morton. Charles's mates and the usual Royal sycophants are trying to save the Royal PR narrative and there are no end of distraction puff pieces in the DM but you cant really get around what a dead woman has said on tape about how she was treated and then watch The Crown and say its complete fantasy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Netflix has played a blinder to counteract all the complaints. Theres a programme that comes up as soon as I put Netflix on called Diana in her own words, which is a transcript of the actual interviews she gave to Andrew Morton. Charles's mates and the usual Royal sycophants are trying to save the Royal PR narrative and there are no end of distraction puff pieces in the DM but you cant really get around what a dead woman has said on tape about how she was treated and then watch The Crown and say its complete fantasy.
I think that people are saying it’s a fictionalised portrayal of a one-sided tale, ie, not a documentary and shouldn’t be taken as gospel.

Also trying to discredit her interview, making out she was manipulated and didn’t know what she was saying.
The rewriting of history is really being pressed with regards to Charles and Diana, Wills is happily joining in to make his mother seem unstable and paranoid.
Lovely.

• Wow
I think that people are saying it’s a fictionalised portrayal of a one-sided tale, ie, not a documentary and shouldn’t be taken as gospel.
Well its a drama that seems to fit pretty closely to the actual words of one party. I agree that it seems so far to be very sympathetic to Diana but she was a child when she married. Im not sure how much more sympathetic they can be to Charles without blaming the larger Royal Family, or wondering why, if she was mentally unstable, they seemngly did nothing to help her. In any case, mental instability isnt a character flaw, its a lot of the time a result of your upbringing/ circumstance. Her family were cruel and didnt care about her unless it was as Princess of Wales and the Royals did nothing about a young girl who was struggling was living under their roof vanishing in front of their eyes.

I’ve read on other Tattle threads that the queen and Prince Philip have been separated for years..any ideas on when and why? I’m quite sad if this is true!

I’ve read on other Tattle threads that the queen and Prince Philip have been separated for years..any ideas on when and why? I’m quite sad if this is true!
Which threads?

No, they have not. They wouldn't isolate together during both lockdowns if they'd have split, but use lockdown as perfect excuse to stay separate.

They live the typical upper class/aristo arrangement wherein they sometimes spend time apart, each on another estate.

Same with Charles and Camilla, they are together, but Camilla has retained her own house she bought after her divorce from APB, a stone's throw from Highgrove and loves to spend time there and entertains her kids and grandkids there.

Same like Helena BC and Tim Burton used to have two houses.

Didn't they spend half of the first lockdown apart?
If I remember right, when the lockdown was announced BP issued a statement that Phil would be helicoptered over from Sandringham/Wood Farm to Windsor Castle to isolate with Liz, all precaussions taken (bubble the staff etc.).

No time spent apart and even if so, not really grounds for raised eyebrows (at least not for their generation within their class).

A couple who rent a Crown property are facing eviction over an electricity bill estimated at £32. They used a local power socket to charge their electric car. The Royal Household said tenancies were very rarely terminated. No second chances with that lot.

Can Megan and Harry ever win?? People were complaining beforehand that the house was empty etc and now they've given/loaned it to Eugene and her husband people are still complaining!
Some people will complain about Meghan and Harry no matter what they do, even if they did something right it would be wrong. I’m not a fan of any member of the RF but I don’t understand the hatred towards Meghan and Harry.
Some have admitted that they really do hate them, never have hated anyone as much as they hate Meghan, wish their new home would burn down with Meghan in it etc. Meghan and Harry are annoying and hypocritical, but the hatred shown towards them says more about the people doing the hating than it does about them. Anyone with that hatred inside them has a serious problem that really needs sorting out.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
A couple who rent a Crown property are facing eviction over an electricity bill estimated at £32. They used a local power socket to charge their electric car. The Royal Household said tenancies were very rarely terminated. No second chances with that lot.

Some people will complain about Meghan and Harry no matter what they do, even if they did something right it would be wrong. I’m not a fan of any member of the RF but I don’t understand the hatred towards Meghan and Harry.
Some have admitted that they really do hate them, never have hated anyone as much as they hate Meghan, wish their new home would burn down with Meghan in it etc. Meghan and Harry are annoying and hypocritical, but the hatred shown towards them says more about the people doing the hating than it does about them. Anyone with that hatred inside them has a serious problem that really needs sorting out.
Some people really need another hobby that doesnt involve Twitter or Reddit!
You only need to look at Princess Margaret and Andrew to see the effect being effectively a spare part until you are rapidly bumped down he line of succession does to the second born child of the Monarch/ heir. Harry probably saw the writing on the wall when William had 3 children. He would have been more and more useless and purposeless as a member of the Royal Family. Hopefully by the time Charlotte and Louis are adults they will know they should go their own way rather than hang around like a spare part/ whipping boy to their more important brother. Harry has done them a favour.

Some people really need another hobby that doesnt involve Twitter or Reddit!
You only need to look at Princess Margaret and Andrew to see the effect being effectively a spare part until you are rapidly bumped down he line of succession does to the second born child of the Monarch/ heir. Harry probably saw the writing on the wall when William had 3 children. He would have been more and more useless and purposeless as a member of the Royal Family. Hopefully by the time Charlotte and Louis are adults they will know they should go their own way rather than hang around like a spare part/ whipping boy to their more important brother. Harry has done them a favour.
But are t the siblings of the monarch, the spares, expected to support the monarch/ the monarchy?

Like Anne for example?

But are t the siblings of the monarch, the spares, expected to support the monarch/ the monarchy?

Like Anne for example?
Yes they are, but what kind of life is that? They don't seem to find it fulfilling and, apart from the Queens father, have gone off the rails as a result for the most part. Anne has made a decent professional life for herself but she had 3 brothers so way miles off the Throne, as well as being a professional sports woman. Most of the Royals are a bit dim with no discernible talent, yet they have to sit around supporting the only one who has a vaguely useful role. Hardly a recipe for a fulfilling life. They are all fairly young and attractive now, but really, how long will people turn out to see The Kings cousin's children or whatever when they are middle aged?

The older I get the more ridiculous I realize the monarchy is. Fair play to Harry and Meg for skidaddling out of there. The whole thing is nuts.

Reactions: 17
Yes they are, but what kind of life is that? They don't seem to find it fulfilling and, apart from the Queens father, have gone off the rails as a result for the most part. Anne has made a decent professional life for herself but she had 3 brothers so way miles off the Throne, as well as being a professional sports woman. Most of the Royals are a bit dim with no discernible talent, yet they have to sit around supporting the only one who has a vaguely useful role. Hardly a recipe for a fulfilling life. They are all fairly young and attractive now, but really, how long will people turn out to see The Kings cousin's children or whatever when they are middle aged?
Ok, but they could leave and live an independent life, like Harry, if they don’t find it fulfilling.

Or they could stay in the BRF fold and support the monarch, knowing they will never get the top job.
Like in a company where essentially everyone supports the top boss.
Princess Margaret chose to stay, she didn’t marry her first love and agreed to give up the title - which she was offered. She wanted to stay in and support the monarchy and have the title and privilege.

Reactions: 4
Having your life paid for, homes paid for, wardrobe paid for. Why would they go out and make their own money? Everything is handed to them on a golden plate. The Royal Family hardly have the best worth ethic, maybe except for Anne, who I believe has done the most engagements every year for the last few years. The likes of Kate & Wills practically do the bare minimum in comparison and still reap in the benefits.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.