The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They're private individuals who demand privacy and threaten legal action if they're not given it. They want their cake and to eat it. If they're so private, why would you tell the NY Times, of all publications, that you've suffered a miscarriage? Something so personal? Don't get me wrong, I feel for her, I genuinely do. No woman should have to have their child taken away from them like that. But it's a very personal thing and she's hardly highlighted anything by telling the world what's happened to her. Her article barely suggests how traumatising she actually found it.

Compare her to Chrissy Teigen who actually showed the pain she went through. Why not invest your time and work with a charity for miscarriage sufferers. She's "written" an article and discussed things that are completely irrelevant. She's so desperate to stay relevant. Notice she always seems to release something after someone else in the family. Kate and Wills dog died, out comes Meghan with another story.
Comparing grief doesn't sit right with me. People show their grief in many ways. Essentially saying that Meghan isn't as sad is Chrissy is crass imo. And also Meghan dead child doesn't compare to Williams dead dog.

Reactions: 15
Well its a drama that seems to fit pretty closely to the actual words of one party. I agree that it seems so far to be very sympathetic to Diana but she was a child when she married. Im not sure how much more sympathetic they can be to Charles without blaming the larger Royal Family, or wondering why, if she was mentally unstable, they seemngly did nothing to help her. In any case, mental instability isnt a character flaw, its a lot of the time a result of your upbringing/ circumstance. Her family were cruel and didnt care about her unless it was as Princess of Wales and the Royals did nothing about a young girl who was struggling was living under their roof vanishing in front of their eyes.
I think in The Crown, there are inaccuracies about Camilla, things like she and Charles continuing their affair in the early years of his marriage to Diana...when a lot of evidence suggests, they were together then apart for many years, before getting back together after the cracks in his marriage to Diana had appeared.
Camilla gets a lot of blame for the break up of the marriage....but ......im not sure how much of it was her fault! Charles and Diana weren't exactly well suited!
Its hard...because I do feel sorry for Diana..... Her Andrew Morton book, was fascinating, I do think things like her Panaroma interview were her own choice.... And the panorama interview did enable her to divorce with dignity.....
But there is usually 2 sides to every story... The Crown is a fictionalised version of history...not accurate

To some extent Diana should have been old enough to realise that she was marrying for convenience. She got the security, she got wealth, she got children. (And as a nursery nurse, she may well have wanted children.) She had lived in a seperated and splintered family and probably didnt realise that it would be so hard to live without love, or close supportive friends and family.

Reactions: 17
Comparing grief doesn't sit right with me. People show their grief in many ways. Essentially saying that Meghan isn't as sad is Chrissy is crass imo. And also Meghan dead child doesn't compare to Williams dead dog.
You just said you can't compare grief yet you're essentially saying that Meghan's dead child is superior to their dog? To a lot of people, losing a dog is like losing their child.

Reactions: 3
You just said you can't compare grief yet you're essentially saying that Meghan's dead child is superior to their dog? To a lot of people, losing a dog is like losing their child.
Not if they have ever experienced losing a child or even if they have a child! How ridiculous!

Reactions: 13
Not if they have ever experienced losing a child or even if they have a child! How ridiculous!
Well believe it or not, some people can't have children. It's not up to any of us to determine how much grief someone would be in losing a dog or person.

Anyway, I'm a bit bored of discussing Meghan & Harry on this thread, they've got their own.

What's happening with the Royals this Christmas? Where are they staying?

Reactions: 1
Anyyyyway... Has anyone watched the Anne Boleyn docu that's been on this week on ch5. I haven't yet but it's interesting how every year someone sends some roses to be placed at the tower of London but they remain anonymous! Love to know who it is!!!

Reactions: 11
Anyyyyway... Has anyone watched the Anne Boleyn docu that's been on this week on ch5. I haven't yet but it's interesting how every year someone sends some roses to be placed at the tower of London but they remain anonymous! Love to know who it is!!!
So would I! I’ve been recording it - yet to watch it.

Mary had a few children didnt she, as did her brother, so it could be.
Mary did and Mary's daughter Catherine has literally millions of children 😂 I'm not sure about George though... And there may well have been other Boleyn children that kept their heads I suppose

I’ve not seen it but may look it up on catch up.
For how many years have the roses been sent please? I’ve never heard of it before.

Last edited:
Anne Boleyn only had one child, Elizabeth i who died without issue so there are no descendants of Anne Boleyn

Anne Boleyn only had one child, Elizabeth i who died without issue so there are no descendants of Anne Boleyn
We know - just considering other branches of the Boleyn family tree. Her sister Mary possibly had one if not two children by Henry VIII as they appeared when she was his mistress.

Mary's daughter catherine Carey had quite a few didn't she so there is some Boleyn blood knocking about. Isn't Kate Middleton a descendent... Sure I read that somewhere!

At the risk of being labelled a H&M crazy, I would like to say why I'm not keen on this pair.

And it all starts with the engagement interview! I'd never heard of Suits or MM till Harry sent the letter to the press but when they announced their engagement, I thought that's nice - 2 people in love.

Then I heard the interview!!!

1) Meghan doesn't have any family 🤨🤨🤨 Now I'm an only child of a single parent and I was offended that me and my mum were being described as not a family. Of course it turns out Meghan has family!!! Quite a few as a matter of fact!!!

2) The royal family will be the family she's never known!!! Where to start here! Those of us that are British know that this lot aren't the Waltons!!!

So from then on I labelled them as a pair of bull 💩ers

I suspected that they'd go to america to hawk themselves. The connection with the royal family is all theyve got to sell.

I'd have more respect for them if they'd said, Big Willy has got 3 kids, Ginge is now surplus to requirements, we're going to america to seek our fortune because we've already got the fame. Honesty would be the best policy.

As i said I don't like them. But the only members of the Royals I like are The Queen and Princess Anne. I think Anne would have made a great queen.

Now, I think the monarchy will struggle when Betty shuffles off to the Throne room in the sky.

Reactions: 6
At the risk of being labelled a H&M crazy, I would like to say why I'm not keen on this pair.

And it all starts with the engagement interview! I'd never heard of Suits or MM till Harry sent the letter to the press but when they announced their engagement, I thought that's nice - 2 people in love.

Then I heard the interview!!!

1) Meghan doesn't have any family 🤨🤨🤨 Now I'm an only child of a single parent and I was offended that me and my mum were being described as not a family. Of course it turns out Meghan has family!!! Quite a few as a matter of fact!!!

2) The royal family will be the family she's never known!!! Where to start here! Those of us that are British know that this lot aren't the Waltons!!!

So from then on I labelled them as a pair of bull 💩ers

I suspected that they'd go to america to hawk themselves. The connection with the royal family is all theyve got to sell.

I'd have more respect for them if they'd said, Big Willy has got 3 kids, Ginge is now surplus to requirements, we're going to america to seek our fortune because we've already got the fame. Honesty would be the best policy.

As i said I don't like them. But the only members of the Royals I like are The Queen and Princess Anne. I think Anne would have made a great queen.

Now, I think the monarchy will struggle when Betty shuffles off to the Throne room in the sky.
Love the Waltons comment. 😂 Agree with you re Anne and the Queen.

Reactions: 2
I’ve not seen it but may look it up on catch up.
For how many years have the roses been sent please? I’ve never heard of it before.
I haven't watched the documentary yet but I understand its been happening for years!

Love the Waltons comment. 😂 Agree with you re Anne and the Queen.
I agree. Although I suppose part of the reason Anne is like she is is because shes ploughed her own path. I'm not sure if shed have been allowed to do that as heir. I also think they will struggle without The Queen. After her we have an elderly Charles to look forward to, then a middle aged man with teenage children, not a young couple with cute blonde toddlers. I'm not sure how many people under 40 ( William's generation) even give them a second thought and that's what will kill them off. Not anti monarchists because at least anti monarchists think they are relevant enough to complain about!
I dont think we will have more than a very small Netherlands style monarchy by the time William is King. Charlotte and Louis will have to make their own way in the world.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.