Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
No matter which way you look at it, perhaps. I see a woman who is devoted to her family and her duty. Perhaps she was a party girl in her youth, many of us were, but she has worked as hard as any royal and harder than most during the pandemic, so this ‘bone idle’ accusation is outdated and inaccurate in the way I look at it.
Can you tell me what she has done?

Reactions: 2

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I think nce Liz goes they will all go, if not before. Why would any of the Carribbean Islands have HM as HoS now?
I’ve read online that Barbados are doing this to try to divert attention away from bad government? But regardless, I agree too. Charles being Head of State here has no appeal (for me at least) so for those abroad I would imagine it’s even worse. Plus do they save money? I’m not sure on the finer details.

I like the name August. But I’m sure they said it would be a ‘straightforward name’ so I was imagining Tom or Sam or something like that.

Emsie

VIP Member
Something like that would make sense, considering the amount of wives Henry had and the number of dead babies. I think it may be more likely Henry had syphilis, considering how many 'youthful misadventures' he had. Also, didnt Catherine deny consumating the marriage to Edward when Henry wanted to divorce her?
She did deny it. Its a tricky one as why wouldn't they have consummated the wedding, but at the same time KofA was so devout would she lie?! History is so tricky though and has painted KofA to be a Saint and AB a sinner.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Hawke? I bet she wanted that as the first name.
Eugenie and Jack seem ok, I think she is very close to Granny.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
He's always said he doesn’t want a state funeral! Google it x
Good point! Although he’d surely want some fuss even in a private setting, and let’s face it the old buggers had a good innings (despite that recent business with the Range Rover etc)

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
August can be used as a boy’s name - I mean there’s a German actor called August Diehl but it’s pronounced differently to how English speakers would say August. I’m not sure if it’s based on any German heritage or if they just thought it was a nice name. To me it sounds more feminine but I’m actually glad they haven’t trotted out the same old names like the British Royals usually do.
Is it short for Augustus or Augustine?

Emsie

VIP Member
Thread has gone quiet... So I'm gonna throw it back. Katherine Howard. Abused child or wanton woman?

August can be used as a boy’s name - I mean there’s a German actor called August Diehl but it’s pronounced differently to how English speakers would say August. I’m not sure if it’s based on any German heritage or if they just thought it was a nice name. To me it sounds more feminine but I’m actually glad they haven’t trotted out the same old names like the British Royals usually do.
It is of Latin origin, Roman emperors were named August, and was common in Poland and Germany for a while. I find it a bit stiff and old-fashioned.
The Zuckerberg baby girl is also called August.

NOID-phal

VIP Member
Why would she agree to this, I believe her brother only has one wife and it seems (correct me if I’m wrong) that the younger members of the Jordanian royal family don’t have multiple wives. So for Princess Haya to choose this life seems a bit of a step backwards? I must confess that I do not know much about the Middle Eastern Royals so I could be way off the mark here.
She was warned what he is like. I'm amazed she had an affair, amazed. Divorce first with dangerous men ffs.
Gulf Arabs were still living the same life they had for centuries until the 1980s, so they've got a hell of a journey ahead, and tbf they're trying to modernise without wrecking their culture. It's a bit like criticising Jane Austin heroines for not having an only fans account etc. I don't know the whole story with the daughter, but I don't believe she had to run away or be a prisoner, it's likely she's being used and maybe not well.
Sheikh Mo is loved by his people, and he is a total autocrat. His kids however are not all kept locked up, they have a lot of noisy fun at their houses on the Palm, annoying for the neighbours.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Posted in the secret celeb gossip before I remembered we have a Royal thread! So does anyone think Princess Eugénie is pregnant?
Could be. Shes always had a small waist. Although if she is pregnant, she'd be quite far gone. Why not say anything? Were there any pictures off her at Bea's wedding?

It is demeaning. She doesn't even look white, she looks mixed race. Criticised for not being black enough and being too sad about dead parents. Honestly I could criticise loads about them but never that.
Although ultimately I know mixed race people who are as white as me, doesn’t mean they have know right to care or take interest in there heritage.

• Heart

Norbs

VIP Member
It seems Willy has a thing for malnourished looking brunettes.

A0E44A91-8B4E-4400-9DBA-1EF888941EE3.png
One of the comments to the blind. Imagine if a person of colour were told to ‘use a skin-whitening product’? The poster would, rightly, be vilified for racism. The same is true here.

Emsie

VIP Member
Yes, I understand your point. And I think you have a fair point.

I just think that this is not how the media works - if you give them clicks, make them money then they want to exploit you. This means they will "haunt" you, try to get more stories and photos as you make them money.

H and M make money for the media. Now they announced the pregnancy.
I suspect the media would ideally want more information, more photos surrounding that. They might be hesitant to pursue that now, but naturally they would want it.

You cannot impose your rules on the media. They have their own rules.

And I recall some celebs that want privacy for their children and get it. Blake Lively for example didn't announce her second pregnancy. The just informed the press that she had another child. And she is not the only one.
You're right... They approached this all wrong. There are many celebs that get privacy for their children... I'm sure the Beckhams did and Cheryl Cole. As someone said earlier, Harry probably thought he was the man to change it and its backfired on them as it just wound the press up. There has to be a middle ground with people getting the privacy they want/need and the media doing it's job.

vikka

VIP Member
What’s the significance of the different number of poppies? Kate had 3 and the queen 5
There isn't one, it's personal choice.

There were articles out years ago, that Liz wears them in remembrance of specific people and therefore that number (one poppy per person).

Certainly could be something like that or it could be as naff as "X poppies looks great with this outfit, so that's what I'm going with".

One would be enough, which is just to mean that there's no particular tradition or significance (aside from a personal) to the number of poppies they choose to wear.