Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
To be fair, the Royals will be responsible for their own downfall if they do not modernise. They hardly represent huge swathes of the population as it is. It is up to them to prove their relevance and worth to new generations to come. Most of their 'fans' are more Charles or The Queens age than William and Harry's, yet they will be asking young people who do not respect or care about them to accept them as their unelected Heads of State and pay for their castles when they themselves will be paying for the coronovirus pandemic for the rest of their lives. They cannot stay pale and stale, however much they would like to. Kate fits in well with them because she doesn't rock the boat, does what she's told and puts up and shuts up. William has barely been seen. If that's the image the Royals want to portray to the world, they will be left behind, and deservedly so. I like Charles, and I quite like his half term thing that he's doing. William and Kate should learn from that. He didn't talk about himself, he showed empathy and highlighted his charities. But he will get the blame if it all starts to fall apart when the Queen dies. But it will have been all their faults.
Perhaps it’s because I’m a left leaning, republican, snowflake, remoaner but I genuinely don’t know how you would make an institution like the monarchy relevant in this day and age. No individuals in a modern and fair society should be awarded senior state positions by birth or marriage. If we must have them, I really wouldn’t be comfortable with their role expanding beyond ceremonial.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Again let’s stop acting like a prince marrying a celeb and living that lifestyle is so awful.. I don’t want to sound like a broken record but Randy Andy is getting away with way too much. He must love H&M

Reactions: 21

Curlygirl28

I know they’re not the most popular, but some of the comments on the daily mail (I know 😬) re Harry and Meghan are just horrible. I like a bit of bitchy banter as much as the next person but they’re still human beings. ☹

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Yeah the hate they get is next level and borderline concerning. Fair enough not to like people but the hatred some people have for them is pretty intense, especially for people you don't even know.
I agree. The hatred for them is just off the scale. Why are they so obsessed with them? Someone said on a comment that they were allowing them to live rent free in their heads.The only reason they are still relevant is because the Daily Mail knows any mention of them will get the frothing at the mouth vitriol pouring in. Why? Some people who will never be on the Throne decide they dont want to be Royals so moved to the wifes country. So what? It happens every day. It's very odd and I agree, concerning.

When the hate is directed at their son it makes me feel nauseous.
Yes, and the desperation for a family to be broken up and a child to be taken from his nother to be brought up by the Roysls. Really? Do they even listen to themselves?

Pippa M

VIP Member
A third baby for Zara and Mike , hope all goes well for them and the pregnancy is a healthy and safe one.

• Heart

vikka

VIP Member
Can I just say, I always really enjoy your posts on this thread? I find them so informative and well written. Thank you.
I blush! 😊
Thanks guys, I really appreaciate it!

It seems Willy has a thing for malnourished looking brunettes.

Ok, so if anyone's up for some more gossip from yore...

It was always heavily said that William's been a cheater pretty much continuously. Throughout their dating years and during marriage.
Most gossip fiends pointed the most at Jecca, proclaiming her to be "Will's Camilla".
This is because at his 21st (or so) bday she was the guest of honour and seated next to Will, Kate was seated far off. Will was very into Jecca at the time and was pretty much courting her.
He blew off his cousin Peter's wedding in favour of her brother's and crucially that was the day when Kate met Liz for the first time.
Will blew off his family (and daughter's first Easter) in favour of her own wedding (both weddings, years apart, in Africa).
Jecca got him into conservation and the gossip mill really took off when Kate did that Vogue shoot (around the time of that Easter I think), which was not greenlit by the palace (and caused a bit of outrage for that reason): Kate's styling was very reminiscent of Jecca's style (it is to date imo one of her most horrendous looks and the shoot did her no favours). This could be a coincidence, but Kate's "country style" is quite different to the one portrayed in Vogue (and one I like very very much - had the shoot been in her style I have no doubt she'd have looked wonderful).

Kate, Jecca and Rose all look alike: as noted by you all, all 3 are malnourished brunettes.
Will allegedly said that "more than a handful is a waste". Pretty sure you all know what's meant.

I am fairly certain that cheating rumours have never followed Harry.
During their clubbing days, Will has been caught on tape doing worse stuff than Harry. Harry was the reputed "party animal" and "bad boy", but Will was just as bad if not worse. And Kate wasn't much better either, being proud of being able to "drink them both under the table".

On his parents' marriage.... Growing up a certain way does not inoculate anyone. Many people who grow up in abusive households go on to replicate that pattern in their own relationships. Seeing your parents' marriage fall apart due to whatever is not magically going to make you avoid the same mistakes (that said, some people do actively learn from that! but not everyone).

Charles cheated with more women than Camilla, I think Camilla was Charles's emotional crutch in a way that no other mistress was and that was worse than the physical. I have also read that Kanga was his other mistress at the same time as Camilla and Kanga and Diana joined forces to drive Camilla out. Diana knew about Kanga and wore Kanga's designs to big events.

So anyway, is Will faithful? Who knows. Things don't look too well overall (i.e. the gossip is believable putting all together) and there were times when Kate looked really bad, even during the marriage and that was always when cheating was suspected (she's looked very sad at times). I don't wish it on her, but based on what's been said for years I wouldn't put it past him.

Waity Kate would hang around. She'd give him the cold shoulder for a bit then her mum would send her back to him. William definitely has it in him, just look at that video of him dad dancing and chatting to the model in the club in some ski resort.
This. 100%.
She has been humiliated in various ways by Will throughout the now 20ish years they've been together.

Another old gossip nugget is that one year, Kate really had had it. Broke up with him, was ready to move on. The Midds had a big do for Bonfire Night and Carole invited Will. Made sure they got back together, which (spoiler alert!) they did.
I do think the Midds were instrumental in "securing" Will for Kate, as the "happy family" dynamic really did it for him.

The recent pieces in the DM read like palace PR, still some whitewashing going (the history on their relationship). Like how she worked for her parents' company as photographer, even though not a single photograph has been credited to her, but to another woman who's a professional. I'll leave it at that.

Kate'll never ever leave.
She was always a doormat to Will and I have read she was nicknamed "the mattress" by his RPOs.

Will was sniffing around various women, but only one would put up with all of his BS.
Will's list of exes is much longer than many think (and Kate had a couple of guys more squeezed in as well, though nothing even close compared to Will, she was mostly using guys to make Will jealous).

Honestly, their relationship is nothing worth being envious of.

Yes wasn't he heard saying something like 'im free!' after him and Kate split? She was his back up plan. He knows she will put up and shut up. Kate is perfect for the Royal family. She is the doormat they wanted Diana to be.
Exactly.
To be precise, he was in a club, jumped on a table and shouted "I'm free!", several times for good measure.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Vanillaco

VIP Member
MM’s acting bio stated she was caucasian IIRC. If someone (or someone’s agent) describes them as caucasian when they are mixed race, surely the purpose is to pass them as white (for roles, not necessarily in life of course)?
Probably because it meant she would get to an audition without her CV being chucked in the bin. She said she was white, but she is not. She may have said she was white to more of a chance of roles. Thats not her fault, its the fault of acting and other industries who do not employ people if they are the wrong skin colour or if the wrong name is on the CV.

• Heart

MonkeyTennis

Only tea l have is that my mum a nurse was incharge of the fantastic Richmond Cheshire home. An absolutely brilliant association that has residents who have various disabilities due to accidents or other congenital conditions.
It was the anniversary of the foundation, and Prince Charles is their Patron
She travelled to London with many residents who were wheelchair bound.
They all arrived at Saint James Palace to find no wheelchair accessible ramps.

The fantastic Gurkha Guards, helped each and everyone who were wheelchair bound, up the steps. Absolutely top blokes.

Prince Charles arrived an hour later and couldn't be less interested if he tried

• Angry
  • Wow

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
I find it hard to believe BP did not pre empt the Harry- Meghan union going wrong. Perhaps not as quickly as it did. But a woman with a past, her own life, celebrity status, own causes etc was never going to just fit in.

Edit l realise reading that it sounds like a cry of 'blame the woman!' That is not my thoughts at all. PH fell in love and it was only natural to want to build a life. To be fair he has also said before on record he isn't happy with his lot in the RF.
Then he should have retired from his HRH position before adding anyone else to the mix. He could have had a private wedding and gone away and built a life for himself. The problem with the Windsor’s is that they like to moan about being royal but they do like to hold on to the royal titles, status and privilege.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
I have little time for the Royal Family, but I have far more issue with that Wag Kate, Turnip Boff Bill and Elizabeth “My Hidden Billions Are Tax Exempt” Windsor than the American branch of the Windsors.

Good luck to them, they are going to need it.
The worst thing is the same people who are vicious about Megan and Harry think the sun shines out of William and Kates behind like theyre a pair of saints and conviently forget about Andy and everything he has done.

• Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
I've said before in this thread I have a obsession with royal history. I kind of see the Middletons as the Boleyn parents... Sending their kids to court to sleep with the king.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Well Frogmore is empty and those two spoiled brats won't be returning to England any time soon so it makes sense for them to move in, make use of the renovation.

I wonder if the Queen will have the same attitude towards divorce for Meghan and Harry as she seemingly did for Charles & Diana.
Can Megan and Harry ever win?? People were complaining beforehand that the house was empty etc and now they've given/loaned it to Eugene and her husband people are still complaining!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
Oh go on! Use asterixes if necessary!
🤣 Someone has said that their relative was one of his friends and I really don’t want say too much and upset the folks. I’ll give you the gist. The hangers on were nicknamed by some as “Harry’s Squadron of Rent Boys” who were “rimming a ginger prince for a shot on his Xbox”.

• Haha
  • Wow

Jkay

Chatty Member
I hope Prince Philip at least makes it to his hundredth birthday in June.

He's enlivened things over the years with his inappropriate public comments. Remember how he said to English students studying Chinese that they'd end up with 'slitty eyes'? That was thirty-five years ago, when there was less political correctness, 'wokeness,' etc-and it still caused a kerfuffle!
He's still a racist prick now.

• Heart

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Did you?

She came to the fore doing her duty, visiting and contacting frontline workers, her charities, working on her under-5’s initiative which has been heralded as being of great worth, her photographic competition...

You obviously are quite anti her, so maybe this makes you blind to what she does? You certainly seem to be setting unrealistic targets for what she should do.
So meeting people, a few phone conversations and picking a photograph is "hard work" now? In regards to the initiative, she didn't do anything for it (research, creating the report, organising the meeting etc.) other than be the face for it. She has always been workshy from getting her pretend job at jigsaw when she left university to now when she does the absolute bare minimum unless it's fun (notice how she never misses Wimbledon...)

I'm not anti-kate but to say she does loads of hard work is a complete lie.

• Heart

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I don't think Kate was cold towards Meghan. There are quite a few photos of them at Wimbledon looking friendly enough.

I don't think W will let H back because he has left them high and dry. I was under the impression Diana was pleased to have another boy so they could share the burden of the Crown. Well he has fucked that right off and they have to pick up the slack. I would be furious is l was W and K.

With regards to titles the ultimate runner Edward was made Duke of Windsor so it's v unlikely H and M will be stripped.
Willism and Kate do the least amount if Royal duties, and stand to gain the most from the whole Royal shebang. They could have taken on all of Meghan and Harry's duties and still been behind the other Royals. And the Crown is not a burden. If it was, they all would have buggered off long ago. It is a life of unearned privelege for generations, based on nothing but accident of birth. The ' burden if The Crown' narrative is put out by people who benefit from the status quo being just as it is.

• Heart

Nena

Harry and Meghan have brought a lot of the negativity on themselves. Harry frequently topped the polls as the most loved royal a few years ago.

I really liked Meghan but it was the interview in South Africa that changed my opinion of her. I think she came into the royal family thinking she could modernise it which was ridiculous.

It does feel like Harry has turned his back on the royal family and his holier than thou social commentary on topics that he believes he is an expert in is comical. Advocating for sustainable tourism when flying on private jets..does he not realise how hypocritical he comes across.

Now that they have their commercial deals and are no longer working members of the royal family I do think their Duke and Duchess titles should be removed.

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
I don't have any great liking for H&M but the vitriol sent their way is off the scale. I don't blame them for wanting to leave the royals, absolutely toxic family. The Daily Mail this morning sounds unhinged in its coverage, you'd think they'd just lost a court case against Meghan or something 😏

vikka

VIP Member
A lot of the points that you make there only re enforce what I have said previously.
He won't take to the throne for maybe another 30 years putting him well into retirement age. Like it or not he will have to step up as monarch his work load will increase, their work goes beyond ribbon cutting at public engagements.
You said most people would love hired help around their house if they could afford to but they have to go out and work, admitting if you were in their privileged position you to would have hired help. They aren't commoners, the are in the highest class position possible within our nation you can't place the expectations of the common man on these kind of people.
Let's send them out to work 500 engagements and leave the care of their young children to the staff full time rather than having parents present, that really worked out well for the children of our current monarch 🙄
The problem of the current monarch and her children wasn't the upbringing in the sense that they worked and the kids had nannies, the Cambs already have as many (possibly more) nannies as the Waleses had for instance (one fulltime, one part-time and the rumour of another part-time). Meaning they already have as many nannies as any "full time working senior royal" were to need. Charles and Diana only had one fulltime nanny and for the earlier years an additional part time nanny and they have outworked the Cambs every year. There's no lack of hired help.

The problem was the emotional distance between Liz and her kids and that Charles was ridiculed when he was a child for crying when saying goodbye to his parents (he was never again present at send-offs) and bowed when they came back after months on tour (in private!!), basically not recognizing his own mother but knowing she's the queen and hugs (in public!) would've been intolerable.
They could've easily taken the kids with them when they were for 4 months away on tour.

Let's not pretend like Liz's kids are scarred because their parents worked or that the Camb kids would be scarred because their parents were to work. What about the literal billions of people on this earth, where parents have to work and don't have time for their kids. Anyone here scarred because mummy and daddy were not always home at all hours because of work?

Charles's complaints on his upringing were always emotional distance and his horrid years at boarding school, his parents' lack of emotions and stiff upper lip and "toughening" him up through school. He never complained about his parents' physical absence due to work and even that was stiff upper class style (pawn the kids off to the nannies and boarding school till 18). The physical distance certainly was not necessary and the emotional distance was damaging.

Kate and Will could schedule some "work" during school hours, even part-time (in the traditional sense), say 3 days a week during school hours go someplace and even one event (as seen by any normal person) would count as 2 or more (because waving is a seperate event to walking!).

Are we to expect them to step up in 30 years???

Everyone would hire help, the problem isn't the hired help. It's they have hired help and yet can't work because the kids need them 24/7 (lol as if), but neither watch the kids all the time (nannies are there with cief nanny Maria who supposedly teaches the kids Spanish, which is excellent if true), nor do they do the cooking (that does their Italian chef), nor the ironing or gardening or vacuuming or anything else.

They don't even do the heavy lifting in their work, others plan everything and write the speeches and put together outfits, all they have to do is prepare to give a speech, get dressed and meet some people. Yet Will can't even be arsed to read his briefs (and he'll laughingly tell the press, as he did just a year ago and many times before that), but Meg haters drag her for carrying a folder in Oz. At least she read her notes.

If they are so busy with their kids, why has it been said multiple times (by Will and Kate on various occasions over the years) that particularly Will doesn't see them all that much?

It's an insult (to working parents) to say the Cambs can't work (more) because of their children.
And it is an insult to every adult to say Will and Kate can coast because Will is "only the heir's heir".
Dude's almost 40 for cyring out loud, the teenage heirs in Europe out-do the Cambs!
It's embarrassing.

Last edited:
  • Heart

vikka

VIP Member
If Kate was working class, the entire media would hang her out to dry for her workshy / benefit claiming ways (pretty sure her clothes budget eclipses the free school meals fund for my postcode).

A herd of horses couldn’t drag her away from the “prize”. She deserves him - the kids don’t, but she does.
To be fair, there were articles criticising her workshy ways (Duchess Doolittle, Willnot & Kannot), but since Meghan's arrival the Cambs have had overwhelmingly positive PR. Some bumps in the middle, but still. The tides are destined to turn sooner or later.

I have no doubt if she were working class that the media would be worse, though.

As @Vanillaco points out, the palace PR machine is very well oiled: whenever a critical piece appeared in the papers, a counteractive article would appear in less than 24hrs, spinning all the criticisms of the 1st article as a positive.

Kate was coasting for nearly ten years, many people (incl me) have always said Kate would only kick it up a bit once Harry married due to the direct competition. Prior to Harry marrying, Kate was the only one in a particular position: young senior female royal. Barely anyone pays attention to the other working royals (eg Sophie, Camilla, Anne; Bea & Eug were always hated due to their parents, had an odd dress-sense, not "classically beautiful/pretty" and were always private citizens, never working royals).
Harry's wife would nill that and she did (regardless who she were to be). Turnt out to be Meghan, who, on paper, was far more accomplished than Kate: great uni, a degree, worked as actress (i.e. familiar with the media and has some training in that regard), had a blog, travelled, has written and given speeches. Seemingly a perfect fit (and as reported, Harry thought this would make it easy for her to transition into her royal role). How successful or apt she was is debatable and not the point, so please ignore that, it's a whole other argument.

Anyway, I have no doubt that Kate had some training in speech giving and all that, but look at her speeches and public appearances before ca. 2018 and after. It's like night and day. Even the first joint appearance of the 4 (Meg was still "just" a fiancee) for their then-joint foundation and you see the difference between the women: Meghan is confident, not afraid to speak ad hoc etc, Kate looks in some instances like she wants to melt into the chair, doesn't speak much, leaves it all to Will.
She barely spoke and the palace PR (to counter critics and questions) put out a story how Kate wanted to be like the queen mum: be seen, but not heard. Some of the quotes she said throughout the years were mindboggling ("can you smell the smell by smelling it" at Fortnum's) and her speeches badly read (like she read them for the first time whilst giving them, bumbling all the time) and not well written, either. Particular outrage when in one speech she basically blamed parents for giving kids an unhappy childhood and thus causing mental health problems, worded just as plumply as I wrote it here. Wasn't even packaged in a sophisticated manner.
After ca. 2018 Kate appeared a lot more confident, her giving speeches is a lot better. I think she took (again!) some lessons and finally took those lessons seriously and worked on herself.
Her recently sharing a handwritten note also reminds me of someone *ahem*.

Her wardrobe has also changed a bit since Meghan, and I do think that M has been a (positive) influence. Kate now dresses often in a more "professional (office worker)" style and carries actual handbags occasionally and not just her clutches. Some of her clutches were ridiculous, so freakishly small that you can't convince me she managed to stuff in there more than a tissue and a lipstick.

Meghan's influence on Kate (direct and indirect) is undeniable. I have followed Kate too long to not notice or attribute it to anything else.
Kate sugars won't like it, but either dedicate some time to look into Kate's work performance and wardrobe pre-2018 or live in your lalaland. 🤷‍♀️
Again, most always assumed that Kate would finally step up once Harry married, regardless who she were to be and so it really was.

It was always said that Kate (and Pippa) is competitive and the direct competition of another young senior female royal did it, though sad that she only stepped up in her role and improved for that.

She was coasting as gf for nearly ten years, then she was coasting as royal and it took her nearly ten years to behave like a professional, now I assume it's gonna take another near ten years until she broadens her schedule. She seems to do things in ten-year spans.

I think Harry left for multiple reasons. For the reasons they claim and for the reasons the critics say are "really true", imo both sides are right on the money.
The Sussexes complaining of leaks from the palace smacks true, this has been an issue even in the 1980s and beyond (and for hundreds of years before!). There is plenty backstabbing there behind palace walls and it doesn't matter who it is you're going to backstab/who's going to backstab you, we've had PR wars over the decades between parents and children (I mean even Victoria and her son and heir Ed VII! this stuff is as old as time), siblings etc etc.
The Sussexes are problematic, too, and (Harry and) Meghan's leaked a fair bit as well, so if they're going to complain about leaks they should be fair and say that all the palace walls have holes as big as bear-cave entrances and that backstabbing is flavour of the day, every day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18