The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know who it was that turned him down?
Maybe the one William refers to as the one that got away, apparently much to Kate’s annoyance. He was going to leave uni to be with her but Kate persuaded him to stay. She works for Gucci, Arabella Musgrave.I don’t know if he proposed to her.

Reactions: 1
Maybe the one William refers to as the one that got away, apparently much to Kate’s annoyance. He was going to leave uni to be with her but Kate persuaded him to stay. She works for Gucci, Arabella Musgrave.I don’t know if he proposed to her.
I guess this makes sense - a slim brunette with long hair. Like Kate and Rose. Seems to be his type.

Reactions: 2
On a tangent, that bottom post is ironic ( I know thats an Alanis Morisette version of ironic, but I cant think of another word) but cdan has always been a mouthpiece for celebs publicists unwilling or unable to publish things elsewhere. It was partly how Harvey Weinstein got away with what he did. His publicists would post blinds about actresses being difficult to work with and having tantrums on set. Half their blinds are publicists trying to cover up for their clients bad behaviour by posting stories about them or someone else to throw the press/ readers off the scent.
Right, I can believe that. Also, people believe a lot of it and treat it as gospel when most of it is made up and it's full of conspiracy theories. The Himmmm was one of CDAN's most popular and regular contributors for a very long time. It was supposed to be four different anonymous Hollywood insiders posting gossip under one account, and Robert Downey Jr was supposed to be one of them. It wasn't him, or any other Hollywood insider. It was one individual, a guy who was outed as a fraud last year and Enty never addressed it, not once. Some people have done their research and posted the huge inconsistencies in his stories but it's very long-winded so I won't go into it. I'd say take those stories with a huge dose of salt, as with other blind gossip blogs. It's entertaining but most of it is nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Right. People believe a lot of it and treat it as gospel when most of it is made up and it's full of conspiracy theories. The Himmmm was one of CDAN's most popular and regular contributors for a very long time. It was supposed to be 4 different anonymous Hollywood insiders posting gossip under one account, and Robert Downey Jr was supposed to be one of them. It wasn't him, or any other Hollywood insider. The guy was outed as a fraud last year and Enty never addressed it, not once. Some people have done their research and posted the huge inconsistencies in his stories but it's very long-winded so I won't go into it. I'd say take those stories with a huge dose of salt, as with other blind gossip blogs. It's entertaining but most of it is nonsense.
Ok, but this rumor about the affair surfaced elsewhere much earlier

Last edited:
She’s also 5 years younger so if he was 18 she was 13. Gross.
There’s no way she was as young as that. William was seeing a girl called Carly who gave him a choice, her or Arabella. Kate couldn’t stand Carly, because of William, and also because Carly had the best looking bottom in uni. 😁

Just to note I edited my post since then for some small errors.

Sorry, do you mean you heard this rumour before? Yep, it was doing the rounds a long time but it was then confirmed last year after his death.
Sorry, I meant the rumor about Will’s affair.

I am not sure whose death you are referring to

There’s no way she was as young as that. William was seeing a girl called Carly who gave him a choice, her or Arabella. Kate couldn’t stand Carly, because of William, and also because Carly had the best looking bottom in uni. 😁
You’re right. The first time I looked she was quoted as being 32. I will report my post!

Sorry, I meant the rumor about Will’s affair.

I am not sure whose death you are referring to
Oh, ok. Sorry, I was talking about CDAN in general as being full of conspiracy theories, it's my fault for going off-topic. ;)

I wasn't disputing the alleged affair between William and Rose, that would not surprise me. I saw a post from somebody blue-ticked saying there was a media blackout and everyone had heard about it. Then the posts were deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think she is an extremely good looking girl!! Why wouldn’t he!! How did she persuade him to stay unless he was knocked back

Can I just say, I always really enjoy your posts on this thread? I find them so informative and well written. Thank you.
I blush! 😊
Thanks guys, I really appreaciate it!

It seems Willy has a thing for malnourished looking brunettes.

Ok, so if anyone's up for some more gossip from yore...

It was always heavily said that William's been a cheater pretty much continuously. Throughout their dating years and during marriage.
Most gossip fiends pointed the most at Jecca, proclaiming her to be "Will's Camilla".
This is because at his 21st (or so) bday she was the guest of honour and seated next to Will, Kate was seated far off. Will was very into Jecca at the time and was pretty much courting her.
He blew off his cousin Peter's wedding in favour of her brother's and crucially that was the day when Kate met Liz for the first time.
Will blew off his family (and daughter's first Easter) in favour of her own wedding (both weddings, years apart, in Africa).
Jecca got him into conservation and the gossip mill really took off when Kate did that Vogue shoot (around the time of that Easter I think), which was not greenlit by the palace (and caused a bit of outrage for that reason): Kate's styling was very reminiscent of Jecca's style (it is to date imo one of her most horrendous looks and the shoot did her no favours). This could be a coincidence, but Kate's "country style" is quite different to the one portrayed in Vogue (and one I like very very much - had the shoot been in her style I have no doubt she'd have looked wonderful).

Kate, Jecca and Rose all look alike: as noted by you all, all 3 are malnourished brunettes.
Will allegedly said that "more than a handful is a waste". Pretty sure you all know what's meant.

I am fairly certain that cheating rumours have never followed Harry.
During their clubbing days, Will has been caught on tape doing worse stuff than Harry. Harry was the reputed "party animal" and "bad boy", but Will was just as bad if not worse. And Kate wasn't much better either, being proud of being able to "drink them both under the table".

On his parents' marriage.... Growing up a certain way does not inoculate anyone. Many people who grow up in abusive households go on to replicate that pattern in their own relationships. Seeing your parents' marriage fall apart due to whatever is not magically going to make you avoid the same mistakes (that said, some people do actively learn from that! but not everyone).

Charles cheated with more women than Camilla, I think Camilla was Charles's emotional crutch in a way that no other mistress was and that was worse than the physical. I have also read that Kanga was his other mistress at the same time as Camilla and Kanga and Diana joined forces to drive Camilla out. Diana knew about Kanga and wore Kanga's designs to big events.

So anyway, is Will faithful? Who knows. Things don't look too well overall (i.e. the gossip is believable putting all together) and there were times when Kate looked really bad, even during the marriage and that was always when cheating was suspected (she's looked very sad at times). I don't wish it on her, but based on what's been said for years I wouldn't put it past him.

Waity Kate would hang around. She'd give him the cold shoulder for a bit then her mum would send her back to him. William definitely has it in him, just look at that video of him dad dancing and chatting to the model in the club in some ski resort.
This. 100%.
She has been humiliated in various ways by Will throughout the now 20ish years they've been together.

Another old gossip nugget is that one year, Kate really had had it. Broke up with him, was ready to move on. The Midds had a big do for Bonfire Night and Carole invited Will. Made sure they got back together, which (spoiler alert!) they did.
I do think the Midds were instrumental in "securing" Will for Kate, as the "happy family" dynamic really did it for him.

The recent pieces in the DM read like palace PR, still some whitewashing going (the history on their relationship). Like how she worked for her parents' company as photographer, even though not a single photograph has been credited to her, but to another woman who's a professional. I'll leave it at that.

Kate'll never ever leave.
She was always a doormat to Will and I have read she was nicknamed "the mattress" by his RPOs.

Will was sniffing around various women, but only one would put up with all of his BS.
Will's list of exes is much longer than many think (and Kate had a couple of guys more squeezed in as well, though nothing even close compared to Will, she was mostly using guys to make Will jealous).

Honestly, their relationship is nothing worth being envious of.

Yes wasn't he heard saying something like 'im free!' after him and Kate split? She was his back up plan. He knows she will put up and shut up. Kate is perfect for the Royal family. She is the doormat they wanted Diana to be.
Exactly.
To be precise, he was in a club, jumped on a table and shouted "I'm free!", several times for good measure.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Oh and I forgot: Why are Rose + husband invited/around the Cambs/Winds.

Well, firstly, that Xmas when the rumour came out and Rose + husband walked to church with the Cambs: two things, a. they are locals and that is both families' local church and more importantly b. it's the oldest PR trick in the book.

Remember when Diana's friends were accused of falsely/against Diana's wishes spreading rumours and Diana went to their place and was picture coming from their home and hugging them to counter that?
Well, that's another type of the same tactic.

Nothing better to ward off gossip than be filmed being happy in each other's company.

The only difference is that at the time Diana spoke through said friends and Kate will do whatever she's told.

Secondly, Rose's husband has a big and important ceremonial role within the royal family. He's had positions at court since the 1970s, i.e. since childhood.
His family has held the office of "Lord Great Chamberlain" at court for generations (since the 1st marquess) and Rose's husband is the current (7th) marquess of his family's title and therefore the "L. G. Chamberlain" (that since 1990, when his father died). He is present at court functions and Rose is often there as his +1 (obvs, she's his wife).

Therefore, the Chumleys will never be shunned by the Windsors, dahling, no matter what happens. Rose could bear Will's lovechild and her husband would still have his position and they'd still be at court and do a merry Xmas walk to church together for PR and Kate would grin and bear it.

It's that simple. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh and I forgot: Why are Rose + husband invited/around the Cambs/Winds.

Well, firstly, that Xmas when the rumour came out and Rose + husband walked to church with the Cambs: two things, a. they are locals and that is both families' local church and more importantly b. it's the oldest PR trick in the book.

Remember when Diana's friends were accused of falsely/against Diana's wishes spreading rumours and Diana went to their place and was picture coming from their home and hugging them to counter that?
Well, that's another type of the same tactic.

Nothing better to ward off gossip than be filmed being happy in each other's company.

The only difference is that at the time Diana spoke through said friends and Kate will do whatever she's told.

Secondly, Rose's husband has a big and important ceremonial role within the royal family. He's had positions at court since the 1970s, i.e. since childhood.
His family has held the office of "Lord Great Chamberlain" at court for generations (since the 1st marquess) and Rose's husband is the current (7th) marquess of his family's title and therefore the "L. G. Chamberlain" (that since 1990, when his father died). He is present at court functions and Rose is often there as his +1 (obvs, she's his wife).

Therefore, the Chumleys will never be shunned by the Windsors, dahling, no matter what happens. Rose could bear Will's lovechild and her husband would still have his position and they'd still be at court and do a merry Xmas walk to church together for PR and Kate would grin and bear it.

It's that simple. 🤷‍♀️
Probably your right!! Some how I think Kate isn’t the walk over you might think!! It could be one of those situations where “ the straw which broke the camels back” we would really see what Kate is made off! I don’t think she is quite the walk over you think she is if she is her mother’s daughter!!

Reactions: 6
He blew off his cousin Peter's wedding in favour of her brother's and crucially that was the day when Kate met Liz for the first time.
Will blew off his family (and daughter's first Easter) in favour of her own wedding (both weddin
I cant believe more wasnt made of this. Goes to show how well oiled the Palace PR machine will go to protect William. I always thought the main reason Harry left was because he was the sacrificial lamb being thrown to the press to protect William.

Probably your right!! Some how I think Kate isn’t the walk over you might think!! It could be one of those situations where “ the straw which broke the camels back” we would really see what Kate is made off! I don’t think she is quite the walk over you think she is if she is her mother’s daughter!!
The ' prize' is much bigger for her than for her mother though. I'm willing to bet she'll stick it out for grim death. She has everything shes ever wanted, 3 children, never has to do any work, is protected by the Palace PR ( Diana got it both barrels from Charles' PR people when the marriage broke down) and I'm not sure Wills has a big love who he'd leave Kate for, as Camilla is. As hes found out, most women wont put up with his crap and put up with being a Royal wife. Kate will, and she'll stick it out and do what the Royals want. I suspect their marriage is more like The Queens than Charles and Di, in that HM has tolerated Phil's indiscretions for the sake of the family, as will Kate.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I blush! 😊
Thanks guys, I really appreaciate it!

Ok, so if anyone's up for some more gossip from yore...

It was always heavily said that William's been a cheater pretty much continuously. Throughout their dating years and during marriage.
Most gossip fiends pointed the most at Jecca, proclaiming her to be "Will's Camilla".
This is because at his 21st (or so) bday she was the guest of honour and seated next to Will, Kate was seated far off. Will was very into Jecca at the time and was pretty much courting her.
Will blew off his family (and daughter's first Easter) in favour of her own wedding (both weddings, years apart, in Africa).
Jecca got him into conservation and the gossip mill really took off when Kate did that Vogue shoot (around the time of that Easter I think), which was not greenlit by the palace (and caused a bit of outrage for that reason): Kate's styling was very reminiscent of Jecca's style (it is to date imo one of her most horrendous looks and the shoot did her no favours). This could be a coincidence, but Kate's "country style" is quite different to the one portrayed in Vogue (and one I like very very much - had the shoot been in her style I have no doubt she'd have looked wonderful).

Kate, Jecca and Rose all look alike: as noted by you all, all 3 are malnourished brunettes.
Will allegedly said that "more than a handful is a waste". Pretty sure you all know what's meant.

I am fairly certain that cheating rumours have never followed Harry.
During their clubbing days, Will has been caught on tape doing worse stuff than Harry. Harry was the reputed "party animal" and "bad boy", but Will was just as bad if not worse. And Kate wasn't much better either, being proud of being able to "drink them both under the table".

On his parents' marriage.... Growing up a certain way does not inoculate anyone. Many people who grow up in abusive households go on to replicate that pattern in their own relationships. Seeing your parents' marriage fall apart due to whatever is not magically going to make you avoid the same mistakes (that said, some people do actively learn from that! but not everyone).

Charles cheated with more women than Camilla, I think Camilla was Charles's emotional crutch in a way that no other mistress was and that was worse than the physical. I have also read that Kanga was his other mistress at the same time as Camilla and Kanga and Diana joined forces to drive Camilla out. Diana knew about Kanga and wore Kanga's designs to big events.

So anyway, is Will faithful? Who knows. Things don't look too well overall (i.e. the gossip is believable putting all together) and there were times when Kate looked really bad, even during the marriage and that was always when cheating was suspected (she's looked very sad at times). I don't wish it on her, but based on what's been said for years I wouldn't put it past him.

This. 100%.
She has been humiliated in various ways by Will throughout the now 20ish years they've been together.

Another old gossip nugget is that one year, Kate really had had it. Broke up with him, was ready to move on. The Midds had a big do for Bonfire Night and Carole invited Will. Made sure they got back together, which (spoiler alert!) they did.
I do think the Midds were instrumental in "securing" Will for Kate, as the "happy family" dynamic really did it for him.

The recent pieces in the DM read like palace PR, still some whitewashing going (the history on their relationship). Like how she worked for her parents' company as photographer, even though not a single photograph has been credited to her, but to another woman who's a professional. I'll leave it at that.

Kate'll never ever leave.
She was always a doormat to Will and I have read she was nicknamed "the mattress" by his RPOs.

Will was sniffing around various women, but only one would put up with all of his BS.
Will's list of exes is much longer than many think (and Kate had a couple of guys more squeezed in as well, though nothing even close compared to Will, she was mostly using guys to make Will jealous).

Honestly, their relationship is nothing worth being envious of.

Exactly.
To be precise, he was in a club, jumped on a table and shouted "I'm free!", several times for good measure.

If Kate was working class, the entire media would hang her out to dry for her workshy / benefit claiming ways (pretty sure her clothes budget eclipses the free school meals fund for my postcode).

A herd of horses couldn’t drag her away from the “prize”. She deserves him - the kids don’t, but she does.

Reactions: 9
If Kate was working class, the entire media would hang her out to dry for her workshy / benefit claiming ways (pretty sure her clothes budget eclipses the free school meals fund for my postcode).

A herd of horses couldn’t drag her away from the “prize”. She deserves him - the kids don’t, but she does.
To be fair, there were articles criticising her workshy ways (Duchess Doolittle, Willnot & Kannot), but since Meghan's arrival the Cambs have had overwhelmingly positive PR. Some bumps in the middle, but still. The tides are destined to turn sooner or later.

I have no doubt if she were working class that the media would be worse, though.

As @Vanillaco points out, the palace PR machine is very well oiled: whenever a critical piece appeared in the papers, a counteractive article would appear in less than 24hrs, spinning all the criticisms of the 1st article as a positive.

Kate was coasting for nearly ten years, many people (incl me) have always said Kate would only kick it up a bit once Harry married due to the direct competition. Prior to Harry marrying, Kate was the only one in a particular position: young senior female royal. Barely anyone pays attention to the other working royals (eg Sophie, Camilla, Anne; Bea & Eug were always hated due to their parents, had an odd dress-sense, not "classically beautiful/pretty" and were always private citizens, never working royals).
Harry's wife would nill that and she did (regardless who she were to be). Turnt out to be Meghan, who, on paper, was far more accomplished than Kate: great uni, a degree, worked as actress (i.e. familiar with the media and has some training in that regard), had a blog, travelled, has written and given speeches. Seemingly a perfect fit (and as reported, Harry thought this would make it easy for her to transition into her royal role). How successful or apt she was is debatable and not the point, so please ignore that, it's a whole other argument.

Anyway, I have no doubt that Kate had some training in speech giving and all that, but look at her speeches and public appearances before ca. 2018 and after. It's like night and day. Even the first joint appearance of the 4 (Meg was still "just" a fiancee) for their then-joint foundation and you see the difference between the women: Meghan is confident, not afraid to speak ad hoc etc, Kate looks in some instances like she wants to melt into the chair, doesn't speak much, leaves it all to Will.
She barely spoke and the palace PR (to counter critics and questions) put out a story how Kate wanted to be like the queen mum: be seen, but not heard. Some of the quotes she said throughout the years were mindboggling ("can you smell the smell by smelling it" at Fortnum's) and her speeches badly read (like she read them for the first time whilst giving them, bumbling all the time) and not well written, either. Particular outrage when in one speech she basically blamed parents for giving kids an unhappy childhood and thus causing mental health problems, worded just as plumply as I wrote it here. Wasn't even packaged in a sophisticated manner.
After ca. 2018 Kate appeared a lot more confident, her giving speeches is a lot better. I think she took (again!) some lessons and finally took those lessons seriously and worked on herself.
Her recently sharing a handwritten note also reminds me of someone *ahem*.

Her wardrobe has also changed a bit since Meghan, and I do think that M has been a (positive) influence. Kate now dresses often in a more "professional (office worker)" style and carries actual handbags occasionally and not just her clutches. Some of her clutches were ridiculous, so freakishly small that you can't convince me she managed to stuff in there more than a tissue and a lipstick.

Meghan's influence on Kate (direct and indirect) is undeniable. I have followed Kate too long to not notice or attribute it to anything else.
Kate sugars won't like it, but either dedicate some time to look into Kate's work performance and wardrobe pre-2018 or live in your lalaland. 🤷‍♀️
Again, most always assumed that Kate would finally step up once Harry married, regardless who she were to be and so it really was.

It was always said that Kate (and Pippa) is competitive and the direct competition of another young senior female royal did it, though sad that she only stepped up in her role and improved for that.

She was coasting as gf for nearly ten years, then she was coasting as royal and it took her nearly ten years to behave like a professional, now I assume it's gonna take another near ten years until she broadens her schedule. She seems to do things in ten-year spans.

I think Harry left for multiple reasons. For the reasons they claim and for the reasons the critics say are "really true", imo both sides are right on the money.
The Sussexes complaining of leaks from the palace smacks true, this has been an issue even in the 1980s and beyond (and for hundreds of years before!). There is plenty backstabbing there behind palace walls and it doesn't matter who it is you're going to backstab/who's going to backstab you, we've had PR wars over the decades between parents and children (I mean even Victoria and her son and heir Ed VII! this stuff is as old as time), siblings etc etc.
The Sussexes are problematic, too, and (Harry and) Meghan's leaked a fair bit as well, so if they're going to complain about leaks they should be fair and say that all the palace walls have holes as big as bear-cave entrances and that backstabbing is flavour of the day, every day.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.