The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc 🙄
She deserves a funeral fitting for a 96 year old who has served their country for 70 years.
Thats all.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Mr F is taking this pretty hard - as an 18-year-old he took an oath to serve his Queen and country and he still holds to it even though he completed his service nearly 20 years ago. I asked him if he wanted to go down to Edinburgh to pay his respects if she lies in state there and he doesn't think he could handle it, but I suspect he might change his mind over the next couple of days.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I am glad it’s not just me who has had a little cry this evening. It does feel strange to cry for someone I have never met. I think despite all that has gone on over the years she has remained dignified and I’m in awe of her service to her country - still serving at age 96.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't think they do. I don't think they released many details about Prince Philip.
I think that was his choice though. I remember we were told that Queen Mother had died of ‘extreme old age’. Queen Victoria died of a stroke etc. I still think it was sudden and unexpected, in that they didn’t think she’d go today. My Mum says she’s read somewhere that she had a stroke this morning, I don’t know where she saw that though.

Reactions: 9
My FIL was a guard for the Coronation, navy cadet.

He would love to be able to go and stand guard again but is a bit unwell at 86

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I guess Harry knew he needed to be there but I expect he was very nervous about the welcome he got.
Yes I'm sure he was... quite rightly so....let's not sugar coat this though !!Despite the queen being a 96 year old woman she also over the last few years has had an awful lot of stress to deal with , most of that down to Harry and Meghan and their vile vendetta against the Royal family. We all know how much of a huge impact this has on one's health. There is no doubt in my mind both the the Queen and Prince Phillip suffered greatly from this and without doubt had an effect on their health during their final years.

Harry and Meghan need to just stop ! Live their lives as they wished and go away . We don't want or need them .. period !

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I still think it was sudden and unexpected, in that they didn’t think she’d go today. My Mum says she’s read somewhere that she had a stroke this morning, I don’t know where she saw that though.
I’m certain it must have been something sudden, bearing in mind we saw her just 48 hours earlier. Best way to go IMO, minimal suffering. An awful shock for the family obviously, but a blessing for the person who dies.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I am glad it’s not just me who has had a little cry this evening. It does feel strange to cry for someone I have never met. I think despite all that has gone on over the years she has remained dignified and I’m in awe of her service to her country - still serving at age 96.
The BBC montages have been spectacular.
The clip of her dancing and laughing with Philip was just 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Theres no way I can afford to get to London or Edinburgh to pay my respects, but may travel to York to watch the train procession with my mum ❤

Reactions: 13
I think that was his choice though. I remember we were told that Queen Mother had died of ‘extreme old age’. Queen Victoria died of a stroke etc. I still think it was sudden and unexpected, in that they didn’t think she’d go today. My Mum says she’s read somewhere that she had a stroke this morning, I don’t know where she saw that though.
It was on Nick Witchell’s stick a pin in it list.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes I'm sure he was... quite rightly so....let's not sugar coat this though !!Despite the queen being a 96 year old woman she also over the last few years has had an awful lot of stress to deal with , most of that down to Harry and Meghan and their vile vendetta against the Royal family. We all know how much of a huge impact this has on one's health. There is no doubt in my mind both the the Queen and Prince Phillip suffered greatly from this and without doubt had an effect on their health during their final years.

Harry and Meghan need to just stop ! Live their lives as they wished and go away . We don't want or need them .. period !
I think it won’t be too long before Harry has cause to regret his behaviour and his disrespectful words over the past 2 years. The Firm has handled him and Megan with kid gloves despite their behaviour because the Queen specifically wanted to be gentle and forgiving. The King, I suspect will have a good deal less patience for their antics.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Mate... I don't think the blame can lie solely with Megan and Harry. She was 96, lost her husband a year ago, lived through a pandemic, all the stuff with Andrew. Be realistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.