Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
What a beautiful story - bought tears to my eyes reading this x
I have PTSD and know exactly the feeling he described. It’a terrifying and makes you feel so vulnerable. In that moment you can’t speak, you can’t even form a coherent thought.
To face that in front of the Queen must have been awful! The way she handled it was just perfect ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Harry has left Balmoral already. He left at 8 this morning which was quite early considering he arrived late. He didn’t hang around long, which is disappointing. I was hoping that things would get better
I guess we really don’t know what’s going on, there may have been stuff to sort out last night and it was agreed he could go today to go back to his wife, who knows.

Like I said in a previous thread there was quite a lot of family drama when my granny passed away and I’m just glad it wasn’t in the papers.

I kind of feel like his comings and going’s shouldn’t really matter at the moment, but obviously people will focus on it as it’s a source of curiosity and interest I suppose.

Catching up a bit on the coverage and it’s just so sad. Still get a bit of a jolt every time “the King” is mentioned and it will be very surreal and sad to see him in person for the first time.

I can’t quite believe we will not see the Queen again and when her coffin is brought out to leave Balmoral I think that will have a huge impact.

I am staying away from certain internet sites and places because I just don’t want to listen to the noise. I’m sticking with the BBC and Tattle (what a combo 😂) ❤

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I think it was a fitting end for her. She was in a place she loved, it was as though she was tying up the loose ends and then she was ready. I hope that’s how it was, although it is clear she had some health problems towards the end. It won’t sink in for a while yet. She will be missed in the here and now but also in the future.

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Boris speaking now. He is giving the most cohesive speech he has given for a long time. I think his words are sincere.

• Heart

Randy77

Chatty Member
It's crazy how things are moving so quickly, title, names changes, social media, etc. The staff who have worked so closely with the RF must be working so hard and feeling the pain of losing her

And there's me, who has seen the Queen once in person, couldn't do a days work today. Clued to the TV all day.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Google has gone grey with a black ribbon.

Like others I really appreciated this thread yesterday. Thanks all ❤

• Heart

laughing

VIP Member
My FIL was a guard for the Coronation, navy cadet.

He would love to be able to go and stand guard again but is a bit unwell at 86

• Heart
Reactions: 21

cantthinkofaname2

Chatty Member
I just keep replaying over in my head being the one there with my dad, the one having to make the ‘you need to come now’ phone calls

But then it being too late, as he decided to go when we left him briefly.

Imagine having to do that, make those calls to your siblings, your children, your nieces and nephews. Your parent passes away. All whilst the entire world is watching 😩

• Sad
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
strike action off and Premier League/EFL cancelled this weekend

A friend of mine was bemoaning the fact that the racing has been cancelled today. "I don't think it's right. The Queen liked racing so it would be a fitting tribute". She's barely been dead 24 hours. The tribute is the cancellation itself.

As a side note, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but she is a huge, I would maybe even say irreplaceable loss for racing. I wonder what will happen to her horses - they were so beautifully bred and always well-named. Charles isn't interested. It will be sad not to see her colours on the track anymore. I still have a lovely letter which she sent to me as a child, after I wrote to her about her horses. I will have to dig it out to show my kids. Pic of last time I saw her at Ascot.

Attachments

• Heart

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Cancer of the spine but I can’t tell you how I know but a family member has Senior nhs links . There was a press block all year
Nhs ?? Doesn't the queen have a team of private doctors
I've heard she had bowel cancer. My sister has lots of links to the important people who would know that sort of thing.
She said back in May "the queen has bowel cancer and won't last until Christmas." and here we are...
What happened to patient confidentiality??

Lammington

VIP Member
I always thought this would be such a sombre time for Charles, and I know it is, but seeing him smiling at people at Buckingham Palace, I didn’t expect that.
I think the loss is a different beast at different times of life. In childhood and teen years it's all-consuming, as your Mum is your lifeline. In early adulthood it's a huge loss as you see all the life events yet to come you know she'd have been proud of and helped you through, while you also now need to help with arranging the funeral, seeing to her effects and estate, etc.
In old age, it's a loss that is also a memorial, as she saw you through a full life. You can mourn knowing she truly lived a full life, and now you and your children will see her off, and deal to the arrangements.

Add to that a lifetime of being prepared to put duties to crown and country ahead of personal feelings, and I think he's reacting exactly as I'd expect.

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
I keep thinking of Charles, Anne, yes even Andrew, Edward, Sophie and how broken hearted they must be.

• Sad

gossipgal21

VIP Member
I can only guess William must be feeling the heaviness too of explaining things to George with regards to succession and the changing of the monarch etc knowing that he will also have to go through it.

It is quite a heavy burden I think (regardless of all the wealth and trappings of it all, I just mean this element of it is not one that I would choose to take on to be fair).

I felt for Charles today. (Will take a while to get used to saying the King and not Charles). But I suppose they prepare for this their whole lives too.

elliebee27

VIP Member
I suspect a stroke. It was very sudden - Sophie and Edward were on engagements - so on so forth.

Loved seeing Charles greet and embrace people. Also loved seeing people support him. You can tell he was so very touched - he has got that compassionate touch and empathy with people, it's a real quality. Camilla looks broken. My heart goes out to them both.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Yes the plan before all this was that KP would remain their London residence and offices while they'd mainly live out in Windsor. I imagine they might keep things as they are?

Given Buckingham Palace is undergoing renovations (and also because no-one in the family seems to like it much) I could see Charles keeping his offices primarily at St James' Palace as they are now. Speculating here of course!
Who do you think you are … Nick Whitchell ;):cool:

• Haha

gossipgal21

VIP Member
It was from the heart wasn't it.
From the heart without being overly sentimental to the point of sounding insincere. It was a very empathetic, reassuring, steady speech of a monarch with a beautiful personal tribute to his family. Just lovely.

• Heart