Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It must be so emotional for him too, to be there and see all of these people and flowers. They’re a lovely couple. Yes the start of their relationship was inappropriate in essence, but he should never have been effectively pressured to marry a very young Diana. A misstep made by the Royals and I doubt will ever be repeated

Reactions: 24

happyforest

Chatty Member
Thank goodness for Tattle and all of you. I am utterly bereft. Can't stop crying; the feeling of a void is so acute.

As an American married to a Englishman who is far less bothered about anything Monarchy related, I've been glued to my computer for coverage. I've been trying to explain to our daughters the historical impact of her reign and passing.

Her Majesty has always been a source of strength for me personally. Her mastery at the whole 'Keep Calm and Carry On' has been a way for me to get on with horrible things as they occurred. I literally have asked myself "what would The Queen do?" when faced with crises.

My deepest condolences to all her subjects and all who are grieving. The loss feels so sudden, specifically because of her glorious smile in the photos with Ms Truss just days before her death. I really truly hope she did not have cancer in her bones or spine. Just the thought of that leaves me crying even harder, having witnessed my father's agonizing death after his prostate cancer spread to his bones. He was the strongest man ever, a hard man that never ever showed emotion or sensitivity, but was reduced to a whimpering shell as he died painfully and slowly. We couldn't even hug him in the last days as the pain was so great despite copious amounts of morphine.

I have come around to Queen Consort Camilla. I loathed her for years, but have to give credit where it's due. She has risen above far worse press and drama than Meghan ever experienced, IMO. I wish His Majesty Charles and his Queen Consort the very best. I so hope that he can have a peaceful reign and be able to honour his legacy as his mother would have wanted.

If I were in England, I'd be there with flowers to pay my respects. I don't begrudge anyone how they cope with loss. It's been very emotional to see the crowds and watch The King greet his subjects mere hours after The Queen's passing.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Republic put out a classy statement
94566FCF-2852-48B8-A0F7-7E06A7878F4C.jpeg

Kabul Small Animal Rescue also put out a statement and used this photo which I haven’t seen before
8AE92150-F1C6-41EE-9054-88C0CEF9EDAA.jpeg

• Heart

maggisojuicy

VIP Member
I really hope Huw gets some rest tonight, he needs and deserves it. He's been incredible and I wouldn't of wanted anyone else to break the news to me.
Agree, we all knew it was coming but I found Huw's coverage extremely comforting. He just knew exactly what to say ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23

wideopenspace

Chatty Member
I keep thinking of Charles, Anne, yes even Andrew, Edward, Sophie and how broken hearted they must be.
They've now lost their father and mother within a short space of time. For anyone that's tough but to be in the spotlight a d for Charles having to start a new job, provide speeches etc immediately it must be extremely hard. I also feel for the grandchild and great grandchildren. I was an adult when I lost both grandparents in a much shorter period and you felt you hadn't finished grieving one when the other passed away.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
I’m not a royalist, but really like these threads, and find everyone’s comments so interesting.

I always thought this would be such a sombre time for Charles, and I know it is, but seeing him smiling at people at Buckingham Palace, I didn’t expect that.

And then this clip, where he says he will “try to keep everything going” 😭 I know he’s had time to prepare for this, but it can’t be easy, and as a fellow human, it’s sweet to see him coping.

I don't mind Liz Truss and I know she's had the most stressful week ever but she really does move just so awkwardly? Like a robot coming to life?

• Haha

mushroomprincess22

Chatty Member
Have you seen the dreadful video of the highlands fish and chip shop owner celebrating the Queen’s death? It’s awful 😢
I shared this to my Instagram story today as I think it words it perfectly - sadly I couldn’t find who to credit. Some of the things I’ve seen from people that I follow are so disrespectful. How can people be so cruel 😞. X

Attachments

• Heart

DaisyDeluxe

VIP Member
I think back to the Jubilee celebrations just a few short months ago, it was a wonderful occasion, time for people to get together, eat drink, have fun etc. We had a small party at the house and I wanted to make sure my seven year old had an awareness of it, even though as he grows up the memories might be slight. It's these happy memories I want to remember tonight.

I phoned my mum tonight and it was strange even just saying the King. I think, as well, of the emotions he will be dealing with tonight. Losing his mother and what that means for him personally. How do you get to grieve a personal loss in such circumstances?

• Heart

pixxyy

VIP Member
Yes probably just feels sad to think she was alone without her children although as a mother you wouldn't want your children there would you.
I think Charles & Anne were already there so they might've been with their Mum.

• Heart

gossipgal21

VIP Member
Morning everyone ❤

I have just rewatched the platinum jubilee balcony moment and the rendition of God Save the Queen and it really struck me that we do not have a Queen any more and will not see another for a very long time. Very poignant.

Also as she stood there in her vibrant green outfit I thought oh no, no more lovely colours and outfits to spot when she’s out or at events. There’s only so many suits Charles will be in and it’s not the same as the queens many lovely outfits!

Those are my very odd thoughts this morning, and also feeling that the hearts of the royal family will be very heavy this morning. Feeling for everyone. Still a very strange feeling.

I think the first sight of the coffin will be hugely emotional.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

LifeOfMog

VIP Member
I find this really sad only being 23 - I find it crazy that my kids won't be seeing the queens speech and for some reason that really gets to me. I also find it heart breaking that my nan - a dementia sufferer who adored the queen - sat and watched everything on the news without even understanding what was going on :( I just find this so strange and it really doesn't feel real :(

• Heart
  • Sad

Mrs Moon

VIP Member
I was nearly in tears when Charles stopped outside Buckingham palace and walked towards the crowds. He looked a bit frightened of the reception and was hesitant until people started cheering and shouting Long live the King and he suddenly relaxed and realised they meant it.

• Heart

Catwoman

VIP Member
Must be quite surreal for William, knowing that next time this happens, he’ll be King
I was also thinking how surreal it must have been for him and his brother being at Balmoral, where they first heard of their mother's death just a few days over 25 years ago. Such a significant location in Royal History.

• Sad

Crazy87

I have followed the royal family since Princess Diana died I was 10 at the time. Since the I have watched all the weddings, babys being born, jubilee’s and funerals. I was touched and moved by Prince Philip’s death and funeral but never cried. I knew the day the Queen died would be extremely sad but never expected to have the reaction and feelings I am. I got tears in my eyes when her death was announced and cried at a tribute yesterday. I’ve literally been crying at everything today, King Charles arriving at Buckingham place, his speech and the tribute programme on bbc. It’s still so hard to believe the Queen has gone, it honestly feels like a family member has died.

• Heart

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Anyone else struggling to sleep? The Queen always reminded me of my Nan and I its like its making me feel that loss all over again?
Yeah. This year, I've been close to losing my mum and I know her time is coming. It's all a bit raw. We had a scare at her care home last night , which turned out ok but she's scared as she knows she's very ill. As her only child, it's been very harrowing and I have empathy for the Queen's family because, despite all their screw-ups, they've had her as a constant for all those decades.

Based upon what others have been saying about losing loved ones, when my father was alive he always said that he always hated his own family tradition of relatives gathering round the bedside as a family member was dying. He would dutifully be there when he knew one of them was on their way but found it a little ghoulish. During our final visit to him (in nursing care), I had a sense something was imminent but he didn't pass away until mum and I had left for the night. That was what he wanted, I'm sure. We went and sat with him for a couple of hours after he'd gone, while waiting for the undertaker. It was a beautiful, sunny morning and it was a relief to finally see him at peace after so much suffering, which he'd endured very stoically.

• Heart
  • Sad

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
They've now lost their father and mother within a short space of time. For anyone that's tough but to be in the spotlight a d for Charles having to start a new job, provide speeches etc immediately it must be extremely hard. I also feel for the grandchild and great grandchildren. I was an adult when I lost both grandparents in a much shorter period and you felt you hadn't finished grieving one when the other passed away.
I just remember Beatrice sobbing behind the song sheet. Feels very intrusive watching them grieving during the funeral. Unlike us who can do our grieving more privately. 😢

• Sad
  • Heart