Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kingseven

VIP Member
BBC News reporting ‘The Queen was all that was constant and reassuring.’

I thing that says it all in a very succinct way 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Lilu22

VIP Member

Not sure if this was posted already but a lovely message from the Queen of Denmark to The King ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
I do think this is a huge turning point. She is the one constant that most of us have had for our whole lifetime. A reign like this we will never see again.

I’m so glad we got to celebrate her Jubilee earlier in the year.

Reactions: 18

kev1974

VIP Member
He must be thinking how bloody long is this line
It was just about 15 mins of walkabout and flower-gazing. But the pictures and footage it has generated and demonstration of the public feeling will be absolutely tremendous.

Also can't see how Half-Prince Harry can continue to bang on about his need for over-the-top securiddy demands, when the actual monarch is happy to roam around shaking hundreds of hands less than 24 hours after his mum died, with just a couple of security men.

pixxyy

VIP Member
The thought of gross Charles the adulterer and his scabrous consort on the throne makes me physically sick. Both morally bankrupt. They should skip to William and Kate who everyone would welcome with open arms.
So we go from not wanting a Man who cheated on his Wife, to welcoming 1 with open arms :ROFLMAO:

Just me who doesn't care who they sleep with as long as legal & consensual. As it doesn't change our lives

House of Tea

VIP Member
I do hope we don’t get celebrities heading to Buckingham Palace. We have already had Amanda Holden in her tight dress and high heels. If Cundy turns up I will lose my rag.

• Haha

lastdis

VIP Member
I saw The Entertainer toyshop is closed Tomorrow, wonder if any other stores will be closing?
Lego land Windsor are closing , said it’s out of respect but someone commented more like because of traffic problems

• Haha

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
Hi all, first time posting here. I must admit i never really took an interest in the royal family but somehow i’m left feeling devastated, I’m now kicking myself that it took her death for me to really learn about her & all the wonderful things she done. Currently watching the tribute on bbc1, what a remarkable woman, there will never be another. Sending love to all ❤
Hey you 😘 I’ve been stuck on this thread since yesterday lunchtime.
Don’t kick yourself that you didn’t have an interest before - often it’s something like this that makes us pay attention and I think that’s the same for a lot of people.

Honestly if today is the first time you’re really paying attention to Charles, you’re getting a really brilliant first impression of him as he starts as King.

• Heart

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I just don’t understand why people are laying flowers outside the palaces and castles all that money wasted when I’m sure our Queen would prefer that instead of buying a bunch of flowers that will be thrown away we give to a charity in her name, or to a charity that will be surporting the elderly, homeless people or anything would be better than thousands of pounds that will be spent on flowers to be thrown away im sure the RF are aware how devastated the people of this country and the world are
Because that’s how traditionally people show their respects. I don’t disagree with your reasoning, however can you imagine how it would be if no one took flowers or visited the places they are. This is just a public show of grief.

nobotoxta

Chatty Member
💕💕Fly high with the angles Lizzie hun 🕊🕊
ur with diana and jade goody now. and the angles obvs. I'll never forget when Jade died, someone actually put, as a tribute 'You're with diana and the angles now'. It's become a family joke everytime someone famous dies

• Haha

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
B5824845-EDF6-45D9-9A9D-D8405E2A4DD0.jpeg
F4F50CFF-7E16-4FDB-8A25-4689840B64E7.jpeg

Such a sad time. We have had the privilege of staying at Windsor Castle and Princess Roxy certainly loved her stays there. She never made it to go to BP but we did for a Garden Party which HMQ attended. We are hoping to head to Windsor on Sunday to pay our respects.

It still seems so surreal. Strangely I’ve not ugly cried yet but no doubt come the funeral it will happen.

• Heart
  • Wow

Ding

VIP Member
Just said on bbc that churches have been asked to ring the bells for an hour from midday tomorrow and open their doors for prayers

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Very strange unsettling times. It will get odder too for a while. There will be new coins and stamps, the National Anthem with King instead of Queen. King Charles giving the Christmas Day speech.
The Queen was such a reassuring fixture. It all feels odd now.

• Heart
  • Sad

House of Tea

VIP Member
I never met the Queen but sat near to her and the Duke of Edinburgh. She came to my school and sat through a special assembly. I was quite sanguine about it but I did look at her at one point and think, wow this is the lady on stamps and money! I remember her hat, it had dangly bits. I also remember the Duke perking up when our comely dance teacher did a dance for them in a leotard and tights. He suddenly paid closer attention!

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
It doesn't need to even be as dramatic as a stroke. My nan got up to go to another room, on way back she needed help to chair. Once she was settled she quietly passed away after we left the room. She was 93 and certainly looked a lot like the queen in terms of mobility and fragility

• Heart
  • Sad