Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Watching the accession council now.. feel so proud to be British.

Just a random ..but I think Liz's Truss neck is too long and it affects her balance. Very odd
I’m still waiting for Boris to rugby tackle her out the way yelling ‘it should have been mmmmeeeeee’

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I do remember this after the Grenfell fire, which was what the leader should have done. Theresa May was nowhere to be seen at the time. The Queen stepped up to the plate to do what our PM should have done.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Some non entity wrote this and the colourful language people are using to describe him was trending on Twitter. This is a man who was convicted of drink driving, urinating in a police car and racially abusing a police officer by calling him a 'white c**t'.He was sentenced to 150 hours of unpaid work, disqualified from driving for 20 months and ordered to pay £500 compensation to the abused police officer.
89B12397-5BF4-4ABC-B063-532C439CF273.jpeg
B894A0A6-AC75-43C0-8F70-11AF31CE9649.jpeg

In other news, this is what Poland did
7B61067A-30F0-4E6E-9329-89D145C83417.jpeg

• Heart

Hope96

VIP Member
I've never been massively keen on Charles but he did a great job of recording his first speech so soon after as King considering how devastated he looks. 😪

Reactions: 20

kingseven

VIP Member
She always made us feel safe however shit things became and I think that is what we are mourning for the most; especially after the last few years.

I have a lot of respect for Charles and think he will make an excellent Monarch but hearing ‘The King’ is so jarring right now 😢

• Heart

mushroomprincess22

Chatty Member
I was having a conversation with my partner last night, he’s in the army and was saying how his regimental cap badge will have to change, along with all of the new medals issued from now on as they currently have the Queen’s crown on them. It’s shocked me just how much is going to have to change with time, not just our currency, passports and the other obvious bits and bobs.

I thought my heart would feel less heavy this morning but it somehow feels heavier today. I can’t quite believe we have lost our amazing Queen, it still doesn’t feel real 😢. Big hugs to everyone on here. X

• Heart

BabeOne

Long time lurker but I wanted to post to echo the sentiment felt by so many others on this forum. I am currently alone in hospital on a covid ward with no visitors and this news hit me like a tonne of bricks and reading everyone’s thoughts all afternoon before and then following the news provided me with such comfort and a safe space to be sad and feel this huge incredible loss so thank you all for that. I’m hesitant to post this but yesterday I had a fever dream of sorts (in and out of feeling exhausted from all the medical tests and headaches) of a nurse knocking on my door and telling me the Queen had died so when I saw the news that drs were concerned about her today I immediately felt sick to my stomach with worry. Can’t stop crying about it and feel like I should be waking up from this all being a horrid dream to be honest! Yes, it was inevitable someday but even after such a long glorious reign this still feels too soon - but I suppose it always would have.
Get well soon Cherrytea 🙏👍💖

I can't sleep so have been watching wonderful footage on the TV - old film footage of the Queen and Prince Phillip, their travels around the World. Has been wonderful to watch.

We spent the day with my FIL on Monday - an early call from the nursing home to say "come soon". We left at 8pm, as the nursing staff felt it may be longer than first thought - we would go back first thing next morning - he passed at 10pm. It was typical of him - would never be told, and always went his own way 😊☺. I can't help think he wanted me to stop talking - I've had to try and see the humour. I hope the Queen was able to be where she wanted to be at the end.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
I find myself having moments where I still get a bit of a shock that she’s actually gone. It’s all a bit like an alternate reality.

Emsie

VIP Member
Don't think I said that !!
You said most of it and you talked about the impact it had on the Queen as if you were her closest confidante. Then you hammered your point home by speaking on behalf of the uk by saying we didn't want Megan and Harry around.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Nick speculating-not-speculating that Camilla isn’t there … when in the background talking to the crowd is Camilla

• Haha

LurkeyMcLurk

VIP Member
So we go from not wanting a Man who cheated on his Wife, to welcoming 1 with open arms :ROFLMAO:

Just me who doesn't care who they sleep with as long as legal & consensual. As it doesn't change our lives
100% this... not to go all biblical but let him/her who is without sin cast the first stone.

Reactions: 19
It seems people will just defend this Royal family no matter what. I don't get it.
If it was Harry or Meghan or even William and Kate having such a conversation, I don't think people would be as forgiving.
he was lambasted at the time. Quite considerably by both the press and the public. It’s now 20+Years later. It was a private conversation that nevertheless shouldn’t have been recorded! They did make errors in some choices but Diana was also married when she took a lover. They should never have married as I and someone else have said, it was only for royal protocol and the outcome was very damaging for the family as a whole. But ultimately time has moved on, he and Camilla have proven to have a stable marriage and clearly are very happy together. The way he looked for her after he got ti the flowers at Buckingham Palace before, touching and there’s clearly so much love there. It’s good he had a support from someone who truly knows and loves him at such a terrible But life changing time.

Additionally in comparison to being besties with a sex offender and sleeping with trafficked girls, having an affair and making a lewd joke, in what you think is a private phone call, is nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 19