The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the news are using “King Charles the Third” purely because we are all getting used to it. In time, when the novelty wears off. it will just be “the King” and will sound normal to us.

Reactions: 12
My favourite was when he said ‘we really shouldn’t speculate’ having spent the past 4 or so hours speculating … and then going on to speculate further.

Reactions: 28
It did. We sat my five year-old down this morning before school and explained what had happened to her. Her first words were, “Will Paddington be sad?”

Reactions: 54
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc
HTMQ prolly been saving into a Co-op plan for some time.
I don’t mind chipping in through my taxes.
Actually, I’ll like to request that a refund on my share of the £30M spenton the phantom marriage be transferred to contribute to the state funeral.

Reactions: 4
I think the news are using “King Charles the Third” purely because we are all getting used to it. In time, when the novelty wears off. it will just be “the King” and will sound normal to us.
Also to get people to stop saying Prince Charles

Reactions: 9
An elderly gent who travels on the bus that I catch to get home from work was quite upset about the Queen being seriously ill, he is usually grumpy but you could see he was quite shaken.

Reactions: 8
I feel everytime time I hear “ the King” I’ve time travelled into the 50s!

I’ve noticed they are saying just the king now

Reactions: 17
unfortunately that situation can't improve. Narcissism and reversing reality will continue.

Harry has left Balmoral already. He left at 8 this morning which was quite early considering he arrived late. He didn’t hang around long, which is disappointing. I was hoping that things would get better

Reactions: 2
A friend of mine was bemoaning the fact that the racing has been cancelled today. "I don't think it's right. The Queen liked racing so it would be a fitting tribute". She's barely been dead 24 hours. The tribute is the cancellation itself.

As a side note, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but she is a huge, I would maybe even say irreplaceable loss for racing. I wonder what will happen to her horses - they were so beautifully bred and always well-named. Charles isn't interested. It will be sad not to see her colours on the track anymore. I still have a lovely letter which she sent to me as a child, after I wrote to her about her horses. I will have to dig it out to show my kids. Pic of last time I saw her at Ascot.

Attachments

Reactions: 21
I think she is the sort to have planned for this, and already have arrangements for who will take on her horses. Anne maybe? Or one of her friends in the racing world.

Her love for animals, especially horses and dogs, says a lot about her character I think. Animals are a good judge of it!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.