Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sam5262

Chatty Member
The amount of disrespect is disgusting I’m not a massive royal fan but I do have a lot of respect for the queen and what she’s done for the country. She also can’t help what she was born into for goodness sake, her life was planned out for her from a young age and she sacrificed so much for a role she wasn’t initially meant to take on, in my opinion everybody should at least have respect for her for that alone.
Have you seen the dreadful video of the highlands fish and chip shop owner celebrating the Queen’s death? It’s awful 😢

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Ding

VIP Member
The image of them walking into the Palace together 😭

I'm getting nothing done again today. Told myself I wasn't going to have the bbc on all day, but here I am still at nearly 3pm

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I've just seen a tweet from Kevin Maguire. Now, I don't expect anything different from him because he is not a Royalist (complete opposite) but this one struck me. He was having a go at Liz Truss for saying 'The Queen is dead. Long live The King.' He accused her of being disrespectful.

Had TQ been in position so long that people do not know that this expression is traditional? I suppose most people have never heard it, especially if you are not a royal follower.

kingseven

VIP Member
I also feel like The King and Queen Consort were never really sure how the public opinion would go towards them after the passing of The Queen so their grieving may have been worsened by the trepidation of how they would be received.

Daisy0301

I've been on this thread for the last day and it's been both heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. I wouldn't say I'm the hugest royalist but I've been so upset with the Queen's passing. I think it invokes memories of family we've lost, and also, it's like she's a part of our family as she's been a constant in our lives forever.

I've met a few of them too. When I was 7 I was voted by my classmates to hand over a bouquet to her when she came to open up a new enclosure at the zoo. I can't remember a lot, but just remember her thanking me and her smile. Phillip was with her and I remember he was really lovely talking to all the other kids who were there and cracking jokes. Absolutely gutted that there's no photos of this. Way before the camera phone era.

I met Charles and Camilla about 6 years ago at an event they were at near my work. She was absolutely lovely. Took the time to speak to everyone and shake everyone's hand. He was a little more grumpy and a stickler for trying to keep to the timeliness whereas Camilla would have happily stayed and chatted all day I feel.

• Heart

Pollyanna263

VIP Member
I did smile a bit yesterday during the coverage as I am sure the newsreaders referred to every single residence as her favourite one!

I think Balmoral was particularly special though; beautiful surroundings and probably felt quite private so if you had to be anywhere in your last days, and as a family to grieve something, I’d pick there too.
It does feel very much like she chose it to happen exactly as she wanted, doesn’t it.

Last photo taken just 2 days before, doing her duty, with a beaming smile.
The privacy of Balmoral during her usual Summer trip.
Sudden, not a long and publicly drawn out thing - obviously there was something going on but apart from the ‘mobility issues’ and the obvious cannula bruising and lack of circulation in her hands visible in the photos with Liz Truss, she looked (on the surface) frail but radiant.

coconochanel

VIP Member
A few months ago we all came together on here to celebrate the jubilee now we once again come together to grieve the death of our beloved Queen ❤

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
The thought of gross Charles the adulterer and his scabrous consort on the throne makes me physically sick. Both morally bankrupt. They should skip to William and Kate who everyone would welcome with open arms.
That’s the problem with a constitutional monarchy … you get what you’re given.
Start randomly skipping heirs and making it a public vote turns it into something that’s not a constitutional monarchy.

Reactions: 17

Tell.A.Tale

Chatty Member
It does seem like nature's way though. An elderly cat I loved hid himself away to die alone. When my husband died he was only on his own for a couple of hours despite being always in company for three weeks. I only went home to feed my cat and have a shower.The guilt was/is terrible but it's as though it's meant to be. I know that I wouldn't want someone watch me take my last breath. It could be horrible.
Exactly the same with my granny and grandpa. He was in hospital for 3 weeks and she didn’t leave his side until one day she absolutely had to (to have some tests done) and that was when he chose to leave. Despite not being very lucid I truly believe he waited until she wasn’t there. All this today with the Queen passing is bringing back such happy and sad memories of my beloved grandparents, as if it were only yesterday when nearly 30 years have passed. I truly feel for the whole Royal Family tonight. The nation is mourning but you can just imagine how they all feel, even her grandchildren who are so little and won’t fully comprehend it and will be very upset 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Wow I h have found seeing him stop to say hello to the crowds so emotional. Shed a tear. I have always liked Charles - I was a bit young to fully understand the Diana and Charles drama - and Camilla, and I think he will be a fantastic King

SheMyBestie

That was so beautiful. I’m in tears.
I love how personal he made that, not only to his family but to all of us. He genuinely cares and loves.

• Heart