Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ally Pally

VIP Member
Was looking at photos of camellia, either it’s WTF have I got myself in to, or she is extremely shocked at the queens passing !! Again, in another photo coming out of balmoral, just starting ahead in shock or just feels extremely out of dept with the enormity of what she will have to deal with! Another WTF have I got my self in to moment !
I think she was shocked at the crowds reaction to Charles and most likely relieved.

Reactions: 16

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
I think he and Camilka are decent and try to do good things for their charities. If we are getting rid of Kinfs because they were adulterous, we'd have maybe one King ( The Queens father). The rest have all had open mistresses many of whom were part of the family.

lastdis

VIP Member
I’ve just been shops, everyone was quiet . Paid in cash and thought my kids who ate 21 down to 1 won’t use queens money as adults they will be using kings 😭

I just cant feel enough for King Charles. Loosing his mum and straight away having to start one of the most important jobs and at his age. 😭

House of Tea

VIP Member
More about her summer at Balmoral

The clergyman who had lunch and dinner with her at the weekend

I mentally said goodbye to the Queen when she moved inside from the balcony at Buckingham Palace on her last appearance at the Platinum Jubilee. I thought this was the beginning of the end.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
It must be very weird for William. This is the first of two Ascension Councils in his life, both of which he will attend while grieving for a beloved family member.

• Sad

merlot

Chatty Member
And He’s spending a fair amount of time greeting people, oh my 😭 I thought once the queen passed I’d be like right no more royals but no I’ve so much more respect now
Same. And let's not forget apart from everything else , he's lost his Mam 😔

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Charles and Camilla were on eastenders and were absolutely marvellous so for that alone I like them. Camilla is also a great spokeswoman for women’s issues so kudos to her for that.
Remember their most recent visit to Ireland and they requested to meet the family of Ashling Murphy who had been randomly murdered in broad daylight a bit before?

That was so decent of them, they didn't 'need' to

Last edited:

Scottishfalpal1

VIP Member
This pub was silent. You could have heard a pin drop then applause at the end. If they do anything at the the gate tonight I’m gonna be an absolute mess 😭

• Heart
As she died in Scotland does she not go to Edinburgh to the Palace of Holyrood House and St Giles cathedral before she goes back to London one last time

Andioooop

VIP Member
Hi all, first time posting here. I must admit i never really took an interest in the royal family but somehow i’m left feeling devastated, I’m now kicking myself that it took her death for me to really learn about her & all the wonderful things she done. Currently watching the tribute on bbc1, what a remarkable woman, there will never be another. Sending love to all ❤

• Heart

Ding

VIP Member
I, like others, thought I would feel a bit better this morning, but just feel...numb.

It's such an odd feeling. But at the same time I don't know how to to be feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Emsie

VIP Member
Duty calls when you are royal.
I know but in this day and age it shouldn't come before family. Nothing should. We promote flexible working and taking care of your mental health then we shove this poor man out to placate us the day after his mum dies. Doesn't sit right with me. Give him some space x

House of Tea

VIP Member
I've just seen a tweet from Kevin Maguire. Now, I don't expect anything different from him because he is not a Royalist (complete opposite) but this one struck me. He was having a go at Liz Truss for saying 'The Queen is dead. Long live The King.' He accused her of being disrespectful.

Had TQ been in position so long that people do not know that this expression is traditional? I suppose most people have never heard it, especially if you are not a royal follower.
Not much of a journalist if he didn’t realise that is the traditional thing to say when a monarch passes. It just demonstrates the continuity of monarchy. I don’t like him, he’s too snide for me, his lips always curled in contempt.